craig stanley

craig stanley

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:03 pm

why why why

wasnt he in the team today

one of are better players and sm drops him??????

have them two fallen out YET again

i want answers.........................................................
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: craig stanley

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:04 pm

We won didnt we?

I spoke to stanners last week, and he doesnt know either. :?
chrise27007mk2

Postby Sammy h » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Have a look at the chatroom and see what was being said.

Apparently it's something to do with the open air talks and he is back on the transfer list again. Moss and Scott also on their way out.........
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:10 pm

Sammy h wrote:Have a look at the chatroom and see what was being said.

Apparently it's something to do with the open air talks and he is back on the transfer list again. Moss and Scott also on their way out.........

thats what i was told a few days ago

you would like to think that the idea of open air taks is for people to put there points of view across for the good of the team and be respected for that as a player from the manager

but obviously not. it's a risky game SM is playing he could lose the respect from the dressing room
George Dawes

Postby Opinionated » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Sammy h wrote:Have a look at the chatroom and see what was being said.

If this is true then Sammy is a fool to be honest. This happens far too often. I also reckon Hunter's lack of matches over the years is down to a falling out with Sammy as well.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Sammy h » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:14 pm

He is a very stubborn man who obviously doesn't like being confronted or being told by his players he is playing the wrong system.

Surely an 'clear the air talks' is for players to be honest. I don't know what happened, they may well have been out of order, this has happened before with Stanners.

I couldn't care less about his attitude, superb player.
Sammy h

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:18 pm

He might be a brilliant player, but if his attitude is not as it should be then he shoudnt be at the club. No player is bigger then the club and thats a fact.
I dont know what the team think of the matter, but i hope it gets resolved soon.
chrise27007mk2

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:21 pm

hmmm, all seems a little strange. Glad about Moss being transfer listd but Stanners and Scott :shock:
Hopefully this will resolve. Stanley is a good player and his attitude can be useful in some of the bigger games..
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:22 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:hmmm, all seems a little strange. Glad about Moss being transfer listd but Stanners and Scott :shock:
Hopefully this will resolve. Stanley is a good player and his attitude can be useful in some of the bigger games..

According to the comments Mossy is being paid off.
Sammy h

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:23 pm

Moss must have been way out of line then, can't see why else. Glad he has gone! :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:23 pm

chrise27007mk2 wrote:He might be a brilliant player, but if his attitude is not as it should be then he shoudnt be at the club. No player is bigger then the club and thats a fact.
I dont know what the team think of the matter, but i hope it gets resolved soon.

nor is a manager.......

if sm puts his personal views first above the players he should think again.........
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:27 pm

feel sorry for Mossy if this is true i dont think he's a bad player and feel people have been using him as a scape goat to some extent

last season he was played as a right-wingback for the first time in his career and as a result was dropped and as stayed patient for a second chance
George Dawes

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:29 pm

So Stanley thinks he is bigger than the club I dunno really maybe Just Sammy wanted a new formation and new team considering he does have a bigger and better squad than last season.

Who would sign Stanley League One teams and way Morecambe will get top3
essex_shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Moss said his prefered postion was at wing back you know Dawzi? :)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Vinny » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:37 pm

Stanners is one of the best players we have in my opinion. Obviously we can't put all our mid-field players on the team-sheet at the same time, so Stanners has to be a crucial squad player for us. It would be a travesty if he is let go. Let's hope the issue, if there is an issue, gets sorted and Stanners comes back into the team even more invigorated, as happened last time he was out. Desire to win for our team has to be a great attribute and frustration at not winning is understandable. Let's hope todays' great win helps relieve some of the tensions that must have been building up. Up the Football League we go!!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Moss said his prefered postion was at wing back you know Dawzi? :)

when Yates left to join Port Vale we signed Moss from Shrewsbury and there fans were sorry to see him go because he was a consistent performer at right-back and played well for us in the pre-season in a 4 4 2 at right-back

then when the league season started he was played at wing-back in a 3 5 2 and struggled

i dont know about him saying he prefered wing-back
George Dawes

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:48 pm

Fair enough but i remember when he joined in an interview he said he liked playing wing back and he felt he was more effective in that position, just saying mate :)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:58 pm

chrise27007mk2 wrote:He might be a brilliant player, but if his attitude is not as it should be then he shoudnt be at the club. No player is bigger then the club and thats a fact.

The art of good management at work and play is to respect the opinion of others and be prepared for criticism from wherever it comes from.

Unfortunately our Manager, for all his good points seems unable to accept the opinion of others both on and off the field. If as reported he held 'clear the air talks' with his players then he has to accept that things may be said that question his point of view.

For me Stanners has proved his worth more times than he has not. As for Moss well that's no surprise but Scotty......bloody stupid (assuming that the rumours are true)!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Complete shock (IF true) about Stanners and Scotty being on the transfer list.

From what I have seen of him so far, Paul Scott has always looked cool and composed to me.

Is Sammy losing the plot ??? (IF true)
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:47 pm

I think craig stanley gives 100 per cent on and off the pitch for our team, obviously a bit passionate, a potential prime victim in a ,clear the air session, scott has done well for us as well, if free speech is for the dumb, great!

I have never spoken to a single fan who, when talking to craig stanley, has found him stroppy, up his own arse or whatever, he is great with the fans, on and off the pitch in my opinion, we usually win when he plays, glad to see SD on the scoresheet again.

If i was SM reading this I would take an hour to have a coffee with CS and be the bigger man by saying, at this level, you can boss the midfield, but button it in the dressing room, i have done it at the top level.

BTW, Drummers for captain :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Opinionated » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:57 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I think craig stanley gives 100 per cent on and off the pitch for our team, obviously a bit passionate, a potential prime victim in a ,clear the air session, scott has done well for us as well, if free speech is for the dumb, great!

I have never spoken to a single fan who, when talking to craig stanley, has found him stroppy, up his own arse or whatever, he is great with the fans, on and off the pitch in my opinion, we usually win when he plays, glad to see SD on the scoresheet again.

If i was SM reading this I would take an hour to have a coffee with CS and be the bigger man by saying, at this level, you can boss the midfield, but button it in the dressing room, i have done it at the top level.

I enjoyed this post until you included the words Drummond and captain in the same sentence! Drummond isn't captain material, and I wouldn't play him every week therefore he can't be captain. It's probably best Roche keeps the captaincy as he's the only player guaranteed to play every week. I don't like a goalkeeper being captain but we only have two alternatives:

1. Andy Parrish - A commanding defender but he is too young and we don't want the pressures of captaincy to affect his performances.

2. Craig Stanley - The obvious choice. Should be playing every week and has the right temperament for the role. However Sammy has made sure this isn't a possibility :cry:
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:01 pm

The thing is it's not about Sammy's relationship with the players as long as they are if the right state of mind to play it should not matter if he gets on with them or not he has to pick the best side possible.
heysham_mfc

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:55 pm

It is such a shame that this kind of thing kicks off. Like a blight running through the club, some players seem to get the flick and others, that we all would like to be in the team and succeed, seem to get sucked into the whirlpool and are washed away like waste water.

Sammy has admitted to 'always' having a poor start to the season. Surely that can't always be the players fault when he is the person most responsible for team selection. Sammy should take a long hard look at why this happens. Surely if we were to get off to a better start and then build on that we would be an automatic promotion contender.

Stanners was really driving forward in the first few games, it was great to see with his previous reputation giving rise to a nickname of Sideways Stanley. His energy and desire is there for all to see. He can deliver a great free kick, isn't afraid to have a whack at goal, and has always been a super friendly guy with the fans.

Did Sammy bring Stanners to the club or was it Jim Harvey? This news has put a damper on what has been a tremendous day for the club :?
Caged Lion

Postby MfcChris » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Caged Lion wrote:Did Sammy bring Stanners to the club or was it Jim Harvey? This news has put a damper on what has been a tremendous day for the club :?

Must of been Sammy as his first season here he got promoted. Just after getting Hereford promoted.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby The Fury » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:06 pm

Opinionated wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:I think craig stanley gives 100 per cent on and off the pitch for our team, obviously a bit passionate, a potential prime victim in a ,clear the air session, scott has done well for us as well, if free speech is for the dumb, great!

I enjoyed this post until you included the words Drummond and captain in the same sentence! Drummond isn't captain material, and I wouldn't play him every week therefore he can't be captain.

Eh? Drummond was club captain for many years prior to his departure in 2004 and didn't do a bad job, I don't think. Moreover, he also went on to captain Shrewsbury. Not bad for someone who ain't "captain material", wouldn't you say? Although I reckon I agree with you on the basis that he doesn't play every week.
The Fury

Next

Return to General Discussion