Morecambe 1-0 Port Vale

Morecambe 1-0 Port Vale

Postby marky » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Jevons 20
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Re: Morecambe 1-0 Port Vale

Postby George Dawes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:22 pm

1. well defended as a team
2. good to see Moss get a game, he played well
3. good use of substitution's
4. SM picked a good team today
George Dawes

Postby Harry » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:36 pm

This is the kind of game we would have drawn last season and it's really good to see us grinding out a win. Boring, especially in the second half, but a win nevertheless.

The usual suspects threatened well and Moss slotted in well to the defence, to show he is half decent in a flat back four, not as a wing back or as part of a 3.

Yatesy has clearly had his attacking licence cut short by Vale and good to see Duffy do him a couple of times :lol:

And a crowd of over 2000! Now let's get into those playoff places...
Harry

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Haha we showed Yates that he should of stayed at Morecambe.
Little Shrimp

Postby darrenlock » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Hello

Port Vale played average any decent team would of got a point vs Morecambe after today's performance.
But Morecambe did not really have to do much in the second half i know Port Vale hit the post once and 2 offsides that were clearly offside.
Good performance do this again vs Bournemouth and a low scoring Bournemouth at home we could nick a draw maybe a win.

Also it was funny Port Vale fans at h/t with the big plastic ball Darren Bent must of thought damn i wish that happens to me with the ball lol.

:mrgreen:
darrenlock

Postby alwaysright » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:22 pm

You what ?? Vale dominated the second half
alwaysright

Postby darrenlock » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:26 pm

Morecambe slowed the tempo second half and Port Vale deserved a goal but didn't get it.Because Morecambe defended well it was a shame Morecambe did not attack much in second half , but hey 3 points is 3 points.
darrenlock

Postby Weetabix Kid » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Good job Port Vale are dire at corners!!!

god awful game but 3 points all the same.

Not much else can say about that game zzzzzzzzzzz
Weetabix Kid

Postby NeilG » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Good job Port Vale are dire at corners!!!

Two of which were clear goal kicks, the officials deserved every ounce of contempt shown by both sides. Really liked Vales No 25, quality player.
NeilG

Postby Bare bum » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Actually Neil, I thought the ref did OK today, tried to let the game flow, wasn't too fussy and played advantage when he could.

I did think the BBC got it spot on, though, with their accurate summary

Morecambe 1 - 0 Port Vale
The home side dominated throughout, with Paul Mullini denied a penalty and Marc Richards hitting the post.

:?
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:33 pm

very poor game but setill 3 points,good job they cannot take corners properly,they had 19,good battling performance but thought jimbo lookked off the pace all game as he got the runaround by their forwards several times and he looked rather unfit to me.parrish superb getting better all the time and mossy after a shaky start settled in well weven getting forward to good effect on several occassions
scalehallshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:49 pm

thought we played well in the first half but it was all Port Vale in the 2nd half. 19 corners :o for them but it's 3 points at the end of the day.
heysham_mfc

Postby theprisoner » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:04 pm

scalehallshrimp wrote: good battling performance but thought jimbo lookked off the pace all game as he got the runaround by their forwards several times and he looked rather unfit to me.

Richards is having a very good season for us yet I thought Bentley had him in his pocket. I predict you lot to be the surprise package in the Play-Off's. Defensively solid, industrious in midfield and always a threat going forward.
"You are Number Six." "I am not a number — I am a free man!"
theprisoner

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Ok not the greatest game but a big improvement on last Saturday at Cheltenham and three more points hopefully towards the play offs. Also good to see a 2000+ gate keep going lads i will settle for 1-0 wins from now till the end of the season no problem.
Blackburn shrimp

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:27 pm

only 2000 because they brought 460
scalehallshrimp

Postby Splodge » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:28 pm

Regardless of whether the corners were corners or goal kicks, I am not surprised that their fans were getting annoyed when yet another was caught by Barry (who isn't usually one to catch corners!).

For long periods of the game Port Vale did seem to dominate; however suffered from our usual ailment - an inability to finish. They did nothing wrong today; on another day they could have come away convincing winners. As it was, today, we did more and came away winners.
Splodge

Postby mfcbro » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:37 pm

Dont normally bite,but what do you expect from Bentley Scalehall shrimp?only the second game back(two clean sheets) and as one of their fans said had richards in his pocket.I thought the defence was outstanding today against two big strong forwards.19 corners if that is correct and did we concede?Dont know where the m.o.m. came from,i thought Parrish was outstanding,playing out of position.A great battling performance and a well earned 3 points.Well done you shrimps.
mfcbro

Postby darrenlock » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:49 pm

I was thinking mom was Will Haining , Jimbo is short of fitness one on one but I'm sure he'll be on top of his game next Saturday vs the best center forward in league Bret Pittman some people might say Adam Le Fond re .
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:49 pm

Far from a classic but I'll take 3 points anytime when we play like today.

A few observations.

Mullers and PJ worked their socks of up front
Mark D tends to beat his man then stop instead of powering on
Good to see Jimbo in the heart of the defence. Second appearance alongside Will and 2nd clean sheet!
The commentators from Radio Stoke behind us reckoned that Jimbo and Will are one of the worst partnerships in the league. Too slow and allow too much time and space. I had to remind them of the score...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
PV's support was loud and easily outshouted the North Stand. I'm thinking that it must be the accoustics in the NS.
Wayne worked tirelessly when he came on. Remember him tracking back with his man from one side of the pitch to the other to get the ball back.
Pleased to see Moss improve after a shakey start. Will have done him the world of good.
MOM for me was Big Baz without question.

Mark Yates looked a shadow of the player we knew! OK....ADAM... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Marc Richards the ex Rovers reserve striker looked a bit of a handfull. Wouldn't mind him in red.

Not the best of performances but one that 12 months ago we'd probably have caved in to.
Last edited by Christies Child on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:05 pm

maybe over reacted to criticism of bentley,he did make some good tackles later on in the game and does act as a talisman to our team
scalehallshrimp

Postby NeilG » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:11 pm

Mark Yates looked a shadow of the player we knew!

Maybe because it was Adam Yates shadow we saw today ;)
NeilG

Postby darrenlock » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Hello i won £110 from this result backed Morecambe to win 1-0 at 6-1 brilliant , wow i get those results right lol i saided tight 1-0 win and 2000 attendance wow I'm brilliant lol.
Yeah I'm going 2 love my cider tonight :D :D :D :D :D
darrenlock

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:26 pm

mfcbro wrote:Dont know where the m.o.m. came from,i thought Parrish was outstanding,playing out of position.

The sponsors were otherwise engaged in the 2nd half! :lol:

Congratulations goes to them anyway for signing up for an executive box next season.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:41 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
mfcbro wrote:Dont know where the m.o.m. came from,i thought Parrish was outstanding,playing out of position.

The sponsors were otherwise engaged in the 2nd half! :lol:

Congratulations goes to them anyway for signing up for an executive box next season.

Excellent.

A number of us have formed a Consortium and are now negotiating with the DHSS to fund one of the few remaining boxes. ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby The Fury » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:31 pm

Bare bum wrote:Actually Neil, I thought the ref did OK today, tried to let the game flow, wasn't too fussy and played advantage when he could.

I did think the BBC got it spot on, though, with their accurate summary

Morecambe 1 - 0 Port Vale
The home side dominated throughout, with Paul Mullini denied a penalty and Marc Richards hitting the post.

:?

Any relation to Johan Norman?
The Fury

Next

Return to General Discussion