Latest stadium pics

Latest stadium pics

Postby Mike W. » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:23 am

See http://www.morecambestadium.co.uk/ for the latest pics

Main Stand - flooring, lift shaft work, external block work, sponsors area

West Stand - continues including shuttering for step work at the front.

East Stand - away end well in hand

Community Block - continues with ground and first floor

North Side - foundations for a facilities block for what we were told is a roofed family stand, with open terraces on either side

Plus all sorts of work round the site on sewerage, drains etc..

A guy was surveying for the road round the ground last week.

Mike W.
Mike W.

Re: Latest stadium pics

Postby Mighty Red » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:02 am

Wow! Looking fantastic. Great pics, thanks.

Love the curly bit.

Are you sure it wasn't CC in disguise?
Mighty Red

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:20 am

Mike W. wrote:See http://www.morecambestadium.co.uk/ for the latest pics

Main Stand - flooring, lift shaft work, external block work, sponsors area

West Stand - continues including shuttering for step work at the front.

East Stand - away end well in hand

Community Block - continues with ground and first floor

North Side - foundations for a facilities block for what we were told is a roofed family stand, with open terraces on either side
Plus all sorts of work round the site on sewerage, drains etc..

Mike W.

Excellent set of shots as always.

However the reference to 'a roofed family stand' appears to be a new addition to the scheme. The area shown in the picture was going to be the entrance and TV gantry block as indicated in the Ground Plan drawing and the Elevation diagrams, but is this mention of a 'roofed family stand' a most welcome addition? If so, then excellent news and I'm sure will be much appreciated by those familiies who will come to use it.

When you consider that at the beginning of this month that neither the Home or Away stands had even started to be constructed and as to what has happened since, then it's credit to all those who have worked under extreme conditions.

:) :) :)
Last edited by Christies Child on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:31 am

I went down last saturday and all that existed of the away end was about one quarter of the steel work so that has gone up amazingly quick.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:38 am

Mighty Red wrote:Wow! Looking fantastic. Great pics, thanks.

Love the curly bit.

Are you sure it wasn't CC in disguise?

That curly bit is superb. It's things like that which give grounds a bit of character rather than 4 x oblong virtually identical stands. Top photos, can't wait now to take the tour when it's all finished. Awesome!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Aspers » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:49 pm

Pitch looks a bit dodgy, like Wembley after the horse of the year show, remember that?.
Aspers

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:32 pm

Aspers wrote:Pitch looks a bit dodgy, like Wembley after the horse of the year show, remember that?.

Looks a bit like the old Baseball Ground pitch at Derby in the 70's and 80's !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:16 pm

looks good :D
heysham_mfc

Postby Mike W. » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:15 pm

Not sure what is meant when you talk about the "Curly Bit".

On the pitch issue - the Site boss told us very early in March the pitch drains go in and the general levelling of the surface starts with seeding later. Currently, all sorts of diggers, cherry pickers, dump trucks plus Ian and me keep trolling across the pitch so it isn't surprising that for now, it looks like you wouldn't play crown green bowls on it ! The boss said it will be around an 8 week process to get the pitch ready - then more time afterwards whilst nature takes its course.

I have to say that every time Ian and me enter the site and walk up to the Main Stand entrance side it still overwhelms me ! I don't know the true measurement but it must be 2 x as high as the Main Stand at Christie (and 2 x as long - it fills the whole side of the pitch of course, which Christie's doesn't).

On the Family Stand, that again was what the site boss called it. Don't get too ambitious here, as what we are talking about, I think, is a fairly modest facilities block (turnstiles, toilets, perhaps a tea bar) with a roof extending forward - the guy called it the Family Stand, so I can only assume that there will PERHAPS be a small number of seats or maybe it will be what they sometimes refer to as a Family Area (rather than seats).

On both sides of that apparently there will be 5 step terraces stetching away towards the corners. Those will be uncovered. I like this side being called by some, the "New Car Wash Terrace", as the nearest car wash will be half a mile away !

Mike W.
Mike W.

Postby nobbyshrimp » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:29 pm

The open terrace is similar to the 'Jack Bentley Terrace' at AFC Telford United named after a certain persons father. In fact if our stadium is anywhere as good as Telford i'll be happy and i think it is going to be :!:
nobbyshrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Mike W. wrote:Not sure what is meant when you talk about the "Curly Bit".

On the pitch issue - the Site boss told us very early in March the pitch drains go in and the general levelling of the surface starts with seeding later. Currently, all sorts of diggers, cherry pickers, dump trucks plus Ian and me keep trolling across the pitch so it isn't surprising that for now, it looks like you wouldn't play crown green bowls on it ! The boss said it will be around an 8 week process to get the pitch ready - then more time afterwards whilst nature takes its course.

I have to say that every time Ian and me enter the site and walk up to the Main Stand entrance side it still overwhelms me ! I don't know the true measurement but it must be 2 x as high as the Main Stand at Christie (and 2 x as long - it fills the whole side of the pitch of course, which Christie's doesn't).

On the Family Stand, that again was what the site boss called it. Don't get too ambitious here, as what we are talking about, I think, is a fairly modest facilities block (turnstiles, toilets, perhaps a tea bar) with a roof extending forward - the guy called it the Family Stand, so I can only assume that there will PERHAPS be a small number of seats or maybe it will be what they sometimes refer to as a Family Area (rather than seats).

On both sides of that apparently there will be 5 step terraces stetching away towards the corners. Those will be uncovered. I like this side being called by some, the "New Car Wash Terrace", as the nearest car wash will be half a mile away !

Mike W.

The 'curly bit' is the curly bit which curls around the corner as opposed to the straighty bits every where else. There is only one curly bit and it is situated between the away stand and the community sports centre.In actual fact it is part of the sports centre. We will henceforth refer to it as curly corner.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Not content with a single 'curly bit' we've been treated to another 'curly bit' to the right hand side of the Home Stand as you look at it from the pitch.....that's if my interpretation of the Site Plan is correct!

;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:33 am

;)
Crooky MFC

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:45 am

Christies Child wrote:Not content with a single 'curly bit' we've been treated to another 'curly bit' to the right hand side of the Home Stand as you look at it from the pitch.....that's if my interpretation of the Site Plan is correct!

;) ;) ;)

It doesn't look like a 2nd 'curly' bit to me, just a curved barrier fence/wall?
nobbyshrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:53 am

nobbyshrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Not content with a single 'curly bit' we've been treated to another 'curly bit' to the right hand side of the Home Stand as you look at it from the pitch.....that's if my interpretation of the Site Plan is correct!

;) ;) ;)

It doesn't look like a 2nd 'curly' bit to me, just a curved barrier fence/wall?

Leave him alone Phil, have you not heard of Care in the Community (block)?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ps looks like we're staying over when we play down at yours ;)
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:31 am

Crooky MFC wrote:Image

;)

Seems rather sad that we can't take it with us......even if it was only the terracing :( :( :(

I'm far from being an expert :o , but would it not be possible to remove the terracing and make use of it on the open side at the new Stadium?. There are 26 terracing steps on the current North Stand even if we only created a new terracing with 13 steps and no cover it would have given us a bit more capacity. I seem to recall Northwich moving their entire stand. I realise there would be a cost involved but I wonder if the club have considered this option?

OK another stupid CC suggestion! ;)
Christies Child

Postby John L » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:21 pm

Mike W. wrote:I like this side being called by some, the "New Car Wash Terrace", as the nearest car wash will be half a mile away !

I think it should be called the railway terrace! :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
John L

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:31 pm

Crooky that picture looks fantastic it really is a shame we couldn't have taken it with us when you see that.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Curly » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:
Mike W. wrote:Not sure what is meant when you talk about the "Curly Bit".

Mike W.

The 'curly bit' is the curly bit which curls around the corner as opposed to the straighty bits every where else. There is only one curly bit and it is situated between the away stand and the community sports centre.In actual fact it is part of the sports centre. We will henceforth refer to it as curly corner.

Had any part of the new ground named after you yet CC? ;)
I donated all the money i made selling this new product, to pay for it.

binarycalc.gif
binarycalc.gif (52.72 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:48 pm

Curly wrote:I donated all the money i made selling this new product, to pay for it.

binarycalc.gif

I think it was Mike Saban (remember him?) who used to have a signature of...

There are 10 type of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't... :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Bare bum » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:25 am

Attachment:
binarycalc.gif
binarycalc.gif [ 52.72 KiB | Viewed 138 times ]

:lol: :lol:

crikey, first the yellow anorakarena (I love that word - it just rolls into my mind when I'm low and it evaporates all the despair) and now Curly corner.

So, where is Mike Saban now?
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Curly » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:32 pm

Bare bum wrote:

Attachment:
binarycalc.gif
binarycalc.gif [ 52.72 KiB | Viewed 138 times ]

:lol: :lol:

crikey, first the yellow anorakarena (I love that word - it just rolls into my mind when I'm low and it evaporates all the despair) and now Curly corner.

So, where is Mike Saban now?

I think he's sorting out Sheep Pox :lol: :lol: :lol:
See Ref.24

http://cdex5.sti.sci.eg/pdf/EJI/z9aca8.pdf

Curly

Postby Bare bum » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:48 pm

kinell Curly! How much time you got on your hands?

"African Green Monkey Kidney Cell (vero) was obtained from FADDL, Plum Island, U.S.A. Vero cells were propagated and maintained according to the method desribed by Ozawa and Hazrati (1964)"

That'll be as opposed to the method described by Thompson and Lillee (1974). Crap propagators and maintainers but, jeesh, could they deliver that vero fast.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Curly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:57 pm

Bare bum wrote:kinell Curly! How much time you got on your hands?

"African Green Monkey Kidney Cell (vero) was obtained from FADDL, Plum Island, U.S.A. Vero cells were propagated and maintained according to the method desribed by Ozawa and Hazrati (1964)"

That'll be as opposed to the method described by Thompson and Lillee (1974). Crap propagators and maintainers but, jeesh, could they deliver that vero fast.

Why does everyone ask me that? :lol:
What did Mr Miyagi teach the Karate Kid,
"Week On, Week Off, Week On, Week Off......... :lol:

Curly

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:48 am

The latest photos taken on 5 February now posted on the stadium site.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion