Morecambe Hot 100

Morecambe Hot 100

Postby Dragofly » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Following last nights Beatle night on the BBC I have re-created Peter Blake's iconic Sgt Pepper Album cover using Morecambe FC all time greats list.

The fab 4 themselves (Steve Done, Geof Street, Arnold Timmings, and Ray Charnley) are easy but can anybody name the rest?

(Clue: wayne's wearing a hat)
Attachments
morecambe pepper.jpg
morecambe pepper.jpg (34.24 KiB) Viewed 1988 times
Dragofly

Re: Morecambe Hot 100

Postby matty » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:42 pm

I don't think this is very accurate - Paul Burns was the same height as Ian Monk
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby Christies Child » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:49 pm

Must admit I'm having problems seeing Charlie Lea amongst that lot. Maybe needs a bit of colour. :? :? :?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:18 pm

F A B

Geraaate stuff dragofly

I have spotted gerry irving (45)

Is the chap with the top hat jb christie :?:

Sorry, on reading your post properly i see its unlucky wayne, the art had me blinded to text.

I think that if your stuff was displayed in jbs it would sell, have you considered doing a calender :?:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby sandgroneun » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:23 pm

Is no. 9 Ray Charnley?
sandgroneun

Postby ockers » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:22 pm

think 90 is keith borrowdale
ockers

Postby Dragofly » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:20 pm

This was a mamouth undertaking, gettig 100 hugh ego's to pose together (in hindsight) was a bad idea.
Mr Charnley refused to take off his England cap and insisted everyone called hill "Former England star Ray Charnley"
This annoyed Alan Taylor who had flown in from Spain complete with FA cup winners medal.
Don Cubage had a fight with Keith Galley over the last ham sandwich, and Derek Brownbill didn't realise he had played for Morecambe.
John Coleman had a call from the Inland Revenue.
At this point most had left , but can anybody put a name to the ones that stayed behind.
Dragofly

Postby Alan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:39 pm

No. 10 is obviously Lance Millard......and the left hand side one , in front of the Morecambe 'yacht' is Bobby Charlton. Sneaked into the photoshoot because of the sixties connection, but his 'combover' gives him away !
Alan

Postby sandgroneun » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:08 pm

Dragofly wrote:This was a mamouth undertaking, gettig 100 hugh ego's to pose together (in hindsight) was a bad idea.
Mr Charnley refused to take off his England cap and insisted everyone called hill "Former England star Ray Charnley"
This annoyed Alan Taylor who had flown in from Spain complete with FA cup winners medal.
Don Cubage had a fight with Keith Galley over the last ham sandwich, and Derek Brownbill didn't realise he had played for Morecambe.
John Coleman had a call from the Inland Revenue.
At this point most had left , but can anybody put a name to the ones that stayed behind.

Unless somebody had taken the ball away,Roy Fawcett would still be looking for some-one to beat,Ricky Anan would still be posing in front of a mirror,Ken Waterhouse would be arrangeing his troops and Dave McKearney would be telling would be right-backs how to successfully operate in that position!
sandgroneun

Postby Alan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:25 pm

Dragofly wrote: gettig 100 hugh ego's to pose together

Bet it was more difficult than finding loads of Dave Gormans ! :lol: :lol:

...or perhaps you meant Ugo Ehiogu.
Alan

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:31 am

The introduction of colour baffles me, is it shrubbery for CC to hide behind :?: :?:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Christies Child » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:41 am

Andy Grimshaw (59) reckons you still owe him some pennies for agreeing to pose for you.

On the other hand Matty Blinkhorn wants to know why, as the biggest poser ever, he wasn't asked to be involved? Didn't have the heart to tell him 'why change the habit of a lifetime'.......
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Dragofly

I have just realised, you introduced colour to portray renee howe in a non stereotypical manner, the symbolism is supreme, you really have stepped up to the plate with this one, I feel cheeky asking this, but tell me, do you wear the glasses when creating your art :?:

Are you able to sketch without them, or would you be like billy minus his boots if they flew away :?:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Dragofly » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi Punkisdead

The palm tree is a direct copy of Peter balkes original. The title of the art work is "People we like" so Rene, and Adriano are not included. Lance Millard is no.35.

PS Have you lost a compass.
Dragofly

Postby DMC » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Are you on drugs or are you 7 years old?
DMC

Postby yozzer » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 pm

I think DMC you are missing the depth and profundity of drago's unique art. Ostensibly a kitsch parody of Sgt. Pepper it masquerades a subtlety of nuance only the seasoned art connoisseur can appreciate. The single colour we see in piece of work is green emphasising the importance of topical environmental issues. The palm tree can be viewed also as a dove symbolising the priority of peace and love in the world and the wisdom of the artist. The sailing ketch on the front of the drum kit foreshadows the arrival of the Marina bringing wealth and prosperity to our resurgent resort.

Many have tried to work out the particular significance of the numerical series but it's obscure code hints at an esoteric knowlege lost in the Sumerian hinterland. I await the next chapter of this artist's oeuvre with bated breath fully appreciative of the creative agonies he must be enduring for the benefit of us mere minions.
yozzer

Postby Dragofly » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi DMC
Both
PS Will you be my new shrimpsvoices freind
Dragofly

Postby Curly » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:38 pm

yozzer wrote:I think DMC you are missing the depth and profundity of drago's unique art. Ostensibly a kitsch parody of Sgt. Pepper it masquerades a subtlety of nuance only the seasoned art connoisseur can appreciate. The single colour we see in piece of work is green emphasising the importance of topical environmental issues. The palm tree can be viewed also as a dove symbolising the priority of peace and love in the world and the wisdom of the artist. The sailing ketch on the front of the drum kit foreshadows the arrival of the Marina bringing wealth and prosperity to our resurgent resort.

Many have tried to work out the particular significance of the numerical series but it's obscure code hints at an esoteric knowlege lost in the Sumerian hinterland. I await the next chapter of this artist's oeuvre with bated breath fully appreciative of the creative agonies he must be enduring for the benefit of us mere minions.

Yeah! wot he sed. :?
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby ockers » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:45 pm

did you confirm borrowdale was 90?
he should have been in area 251 really(sorry still in ufo mode)
Curtis is now number 92 by the way
ockers

Postby parceldave » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:52 pm

ockers wrote:did you confirm borrowdale was 90?

And you,re number :o :o b, but ur never home to get your Goodies. ;)
parceldave

Postby ockers » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:02 pm

parceldave wrote:

now then
i got home to a very very special parcel tonight
all the way from missouri sent by a legendary soul artist mr g c cameron ex tempations and solo artist for motown records(hes still recording at 64 years of age)
his biography complete with a picture of him and ex president bush jr at the white house
sang the lead vocal on the motown spinners its a shame(all time motown classic from 1970)
im framing it all including the us postal service chit for $29 and signed us mailing box and the free cds are good too
cheers dave
xmas came early to this house

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHXFOUQBRHE&feature=fvw
ockers

Postby parceldave » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:14 pm

ockers wrote:
parceldave wrote:

now then
i got home to a very very special parcel tonight
all the way from missouri sent by a legendary soul artist mr g c cameron ex tempations and solo artist for motown records(hes still recording at 64 years of age)
his biography complete with a picture of him and ex president bush jr at the white house
sang the lead vocal on the motown spinners its a shame(all time motown classic from 1970)
im framing it all including the us postal service chit for $29 and signed us mailing box and the free cds are good too
cheers dave
xmas came early to this house

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHXFOUQBRHE&feature=fvw

I was there early tooo, but i couldn't wake anyone so as it was you i brought it back again later in the afternoon. I wouldn't do that for any other bugger you know, it would be carded and taken back to depot. :o .
Hmmm, thirsty work this courier job. :D
parceldave

Postby ockers » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:21 pm

large drink on me dave definitley at county game
we can celebrate our boys giving campbell and the brazilian the run around
will put something in your xmas parcel lol
nice one pat!!
ockers

Postby Dragofly » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:23 pm

I to have a G C Cameron record called "Gimmie your love", by the way Wayne is top ten on effort alone
Dragofly

Postby ockers » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:40 pm

Dragofly wrote:I to have a G C Cameron record called "Gimmie your love", by the way Wayne is top ten on effort alone

is it 70ss???
motown 45??
this is th eonly one i know from 83
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8CRDv68ugg

wayne curtis is defintely top ten
ockers

Next

Return to General Discussion