V Sheffield United

V Sheffield United

Postby Keith » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:34 pm

Excellent first half, good game of football. Their keeper looks dodgy.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: V Sheffield United

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:49 pm

Ryan Williams and Jack Redshaw having bad nights both teams 3-0 down at h/t

Redshaw dragged off at half time ..Subbed
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:58 pm

Kenyon on for the injured Wildig

Hope thats not another early season injury
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:Kenyon on for the injured Wildig

Hope thats not another early season injury

Just the standard pre Accy injury curse.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:26 pm

Gutted.

We battered them. Absolutely played them off the park.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:33 pm

Accy just lost on penalties against Hull

Sheff United 21 attempts Morecambe 13 attempts.... Doesn't sound like we battered them to be honest
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:37 pm

We were by far and away the better team.

With a bit more help from the dodgy liner on the North Terrace side (who was a spitting image of Carl Baker) we'd be in Round 2 now.
Seasider9601

Postby Vinny » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:45 pm

We more than matched them and I'd say we created more and better chances. Who collates the BBC stats? Great game to watch, some great football from us. Very unlucky and cruel on us at end. We need to be more clinical in front of goal, as we were in pre-season, but if we continue to perform like we do, some team is going to get a hammering. Let's hope it's Accy ...
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:47 pm

Played some neat football but we didn't take our chances when on top. In the second half they came into it, but created little other than their goal. Another disappointing result in a cup but far from a disgrace.

Really need some goals and a result on Saturday to avoid losing the feel good factor of an unbeaten pre-season. Come on Morecambe, Hoodoo ends this weekend!
Wild Bill

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:51 pm

At times we were exceptional tonight, I thought Devitt was superb in the first half and we played some fantastic football. But we are not taking our chances, and players seem afraid to shoot, always looking for that extra pass.

Losing Wildig was a huge turning point in the game, though they did come out much stronger second half. The gulf in class between Wildig and Kenyon is immeasurably large and it affected our play. Hopefully it is nothing serious and he will be back on Saturday.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:14 pm

Gutted ! Brilliant team performance again but all means nothing if we can't take our chances. Devitts being the worst in the final 6 minutes shouldn't be passing the ball that close in on goal ! Positive side was the individual performances of the players tonight. Big blow losing wildig hopefully he'll be okay for The weekend against Stanley who played 120 minutes tonight. Roll on Saturday !
Kendalshrimp

Postby outsider » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:18 pm

If thats the standered of football in leage 1, We have nothing to fear next season after promotion.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:28 pm

I got talking to some Sheffield United fans whilst walking home.

They were furious at their teams performance tonight.
Seasider9601

Postby RedRedWine » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:41 pm

We had more ball than at Hartlepool but failed to create really telling chances despite looking good on the ball again. We more than deserved extra time though, and would have got it but for some shocking marking from Parrish at the death. That might upset people as he's a favourite, but he was at fault and I'm sure will stick his hand up. It's a shame because Paz had a good game aside from this error.

My MOTM was Goodall, I thought he was very solid in the middle and provided a presence that we lacked at Hartlepool.

Our subs didn't work and actually made us worse. Hope Wildig injury isn't serious because we need his creativity and our level dropped when he was withdrawn.

Gutted for the lads, they didn't deserve that after the effort they put in. Onwards to Stanley on Saturday.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Keith » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:16 pm

I thought they were the better team for the first twenty minutes of the second half but we were the better team in the first half and end of the second. Devitt definitely should have shot, even if the keeper saved it, there's a good chance he'd have parried it right in to Mullin's [?] path. Need someone to put it in the net. Second game on the trot we've been the better team but lost having failed to score. :cry:

Still, despite two defeats, paradoxically, an encouraging start to the season.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:39 am

Great entertainment now for 2 games on the trot but nil points and no goals.
If only someone would tell Beeley and Devitt to shoot we would be in the next round.
We can't afford these cup woes year on year
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby black morse » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:13 am

marky No.1 wrote:Great entertainment now for 2 games on the trot but nil points and no goals.
If only someone would tell Beeley and Devitt to shoot we would be in the next round.
We can't afford these cup woes year on year

Absolutely right. We need cup runs (with possibility of big clubs) to survive. We also need points. I know it's early but, however entertaining the games are, people go to matches to be entertained but they mainly go to see their side win. One gets the feeling that for Morecambe crowds to pick up both entertainment and wins are needed. Still, it is early days and a win against Accy will get us back on track. Not that difficult ;)
black morse

Postby Caged Lion » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:58 am

We were robbed :twisted: but great entertainment :D :D

The build up play is excellent, and the quick distribution from Roche is great to see, I thought he had a terrific game last night.

Obvious that we need a finisher.

After Murphy went off against Hartlepool I thought Jim made a mistake bringing on Kenyon instead of Goodall. Goodall on from the start last night was a good move, he played well. However, we developed a soft centre as soon as Kenyon came on. Without Murphy and Wildig we might struggle if Alex is to be a key player alongside sideways Andy.

The fans were in great voice last night, 3 drums and trumpet Pete, more of the same please on Saturday and we will see off the Stanley... finally :D
Caged Lion

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:10 am

Bad night for Lancashire in the competition.

Ourselves, Blackburn, Burnley, Fl££twood, Accy, and the Lashers all exiting the competition.

Will the Nobbers make it 7 tonight at Crewe ??!!
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:48 am

What is it about corners and our inability to defend them?. This is a problem that we've had on going for a number of seasons. Thought we played very well but for me allowed them too much room all overview pitch. Goodall was outstanding and must be regarded as a replacement for the skipper. Up front we badly need someone who is prepared to have a shot and put his head where it hurts. I was hoping that Jim would have used Jack Ryan who looks as though he can handle himself and could have caused their back line somecphysical problems. Miller is too lightweight for me although he probably came closest to scoring othercthan Lee's free kick.

Overall a good display but I feel Jim needs to be a bit more ruthless in his substitutions and give the young lad a chnce rather than Kevin who contributed very little when he came on.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:10 am

Shaun Miller got a fantastic reception from the Blades fans when he came on.
Seasider9601

Postby underbank » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:53 am

Mullins was lost out on his own - when Wildig came off, he should have been subbed with a striker to work with Mullins. A change of formation was needed at the time but Jim just made a "like for like" sub. Agreed, Kev made little impact on the game, but again, he should have come on in a striker position which is where he works best.

As for corners, I have to disagree and say that our defending of them was excellent last night. It was inevitable that one out of the 12 (!!!!!) would go in - the other 11 were defended well. They need to work on avoiding the corners in the first place - far too many were unnecessary giveaways. 12 in 90 minutes is the problem, not how they were defended.

Less said about Devitt and Beeley's thrown away goal opportunities, the better!

Stunning performance by Goodall, who, if there is any justice, must have secured a regular starting place pending Murphy's return.
underbank

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:17 am

underbank wrote:Mullins was lost out on his own - when Wildig came off, he should have been subbed with a striker to work with Mullins. A change of formation was needed at the time but Jim just made a "like for like" sub. Agreed, Kev made little impact on the game, but again, he should have come on in a striker position which is where he works best.

As for corners, I have to disagree and say that our defending of them was excellent last night. It was inevitable that one out of the 12 (!!!!!) would go in - the other 11 were defended well. They need to work on avoiding the corners in the first place - far too many were unnecessary giveaways. 12 in 90 minutes is the problem, not how they were defended.

Less said about Devitt and Beeley's thrown away goal opportunities, the better!

Stunning performance by Goodall, who, if there is any justice, must have secured a regular starting place pending Murphy's return.

100% in agreement. To replace an attacking midfielder who was playing just behind Mullers for a defensive midfielder was wrong. We should have used that opportunity to bring in another attack minded forward. OK Fleming moved up but was ineffective..again... :cry:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:52 am

underbank wrote:As for corners, I have to disagree and say that our defending of them was excellent last night. It was inevitable that one out of the 12 (!!!!!) would go in - the other 11 were defended well.

I thought we looked vulnerable from every corner. Barry was flapping, defenders weren't winning headers. It was painful to watch.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby Shrimpy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:59 am

Teams like Morecambe wrote:
underbank wrote:As for corners, I have to disagree and say that our defending of them was excellent last night. It was inevitable that one out of the 12 (!!!!!) would go in - the other 11 were defended well.

I thought we looked vulnerable from every corner. Barry was flapping, defenders weren't winning headers. It was painful to watch.

It was very noticeable last night the height difference between both teams. We are a very small team this year with Edwards the only player who looks like an imposing physical presence, I think we'll have trouble both scoring from and defending set pieces this season.
Shrimpy

Next

Return to General Discussion