Sammy: The End?

Sammy: The End?

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Surley time is up for Sammy. I just hope he'll respect what the fans want and resign without too much fuss. I saw Jimbo trainig with the lads just before the match, they all looked like they understood exactly what Jimbo wanted without too much fuss> Maybe next manager or assistant?
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Re: Sammy: The End?

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:42 pm

Hopefully he will realise one way to save his butt is by recalling his best midfielder from Torquay and appoint him as team captain.

The corners and free kicks today were appalling.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:50 pm

8 games with no win and I have no confidence we are going to win. I go to Macclesfield maybe and Chesterfield not expecting anything.

With Macclesfield beating us on Tuesday and having games in hand, and then Burton having many games in hand, I fear for us. This is the first time I have feared. I have been so confident we are not going to finish bottom 5, but -10 GD now and getting worse.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:18 pm

A quote from torquays match report from today :roll:

Zebroski's cross from the right was cleverly dummied at the near post by Craig Stanley, allowing Kee the time to pick his spot from a few yards out and beat Southend keeper Rhys Evans.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:23 pm

its safe to say if Jim Bentley was put in charge until the end of the season as caretaker manager the first thing he would do is recall Craig Stanley!
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:34 pm

I can see it now, we need a win , last game of the season, 88 minutes to go, nil nil, we win a free kick on the edge of the box, jimbo stands and indicates to the ref, SUBSTITUTION, baxter looks at jim and screams, I AM THE BOSS HERE!!!

Jimbo produces a green form from his pocket, yerpeefortyfivesammy :!:

the fans stare at the bench, where is the sub?

a dull drone comes from the air (no its not mark or steve :lol: )

a small plane appears above the arena and a figure with a MFC shirt and big ears dives out, mark s announces, the shrimps substitute, CRAIG STANLEY :!: :!: :!:

TO BE CONTINUED.......
mrpotatohead

Postby cyprus-shrimp » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Listening to S.M.'s interview on The Bay before the Oxford game it sounded as though he has already given up. What I would have liked to hear was a rousing "get behind us, we are going all out to get some points on the board". But he sounded downbeat and focussed on the 3 goals we conceded at Northampton rather than the 3 goals we scored. Surely a true leader would have been upbeat and stressing that despite our defensive frailties we can score one more than our opponents and walk away with the 3 points.

Had I been the Oxford manager I would have played that interview in the dressing room before today's game and said to the players "these guys are there for the taking; their manager has given up". Well perhaps that is exactly what he did do!!

Thanks for everything you have done for MFC Sammy (and let's not underestimate it), but I fear that he has now completely lost the plot. Time to move on.
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
cyprus-shrimp

Postby morecambegeek » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Hopefully he will realise one way to save his butt is by recalling his best midfielder from Torquay and appoint him as team captain.

Funny, I remember Morecambe being equally rubbish when Stanley was starting every game.
morecambegeek

Postby parkyboy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:00 pm

Craig stanley will not solve defence maling mistakes like it has done in at least the last 2 matches
parkyboy

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:09 pm

our midfield were crap today, our defence are not always to blame for everything.
mrpotatohead

Postby Joel Ninety » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:13 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I can see it now, we need a win , last game of the season, 88 minutes to go, nil nil, we win a free kick on the edge of the box, jimbo stands and indicates to the ref, SUBSTITUTION, baxter looks at jim and screams, I AM THE BOSS HERE!!!

Jimbo produces a green form from his pocket, yerpeefortyfivesammy :!:

the fans stare at the bench, where is the sub?

a dull drone comes from the air (no its not mark or steve :lol: )

a small plane appears above the arena and a figure with a MFC shirt and big ears dives out, mark s announces, the shrimps substitute, CRAIG STANLEY :!: :!: :!:

TO BE CONTINUED.......

You can't just leave us all hanging like that!!!
Joel Ninety

Postby ezz » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:19 pm

makes me laugh everyone wants stanners back just to take corners and free kicks......shows how useless he was for us if thats all we need him for......

How about somebody works on some set piece routines, we had them back in the conference and they worked you know why??

I'll let you think as you scroll down.....

Oh my days yes thats why, because people knew what they were doing.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:21 pm

ezz wrote:makes me laugh everyone wants stanners back just to take corners and free kicks......shows how useless he was for us if thats all we need him for......

How about somebody works on some set piece routines, we had them back in the conference and they worked you know why??

this team we have at the moment aint fit for purpose
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby ezz » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:23 pm

That wasn't any different when stanners was playing
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:29 pm

The squad has good players in it. The squad is, on paper, the strongest we've ever had. The squad is fit for purpose. The manager isn't.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:33 pm

marky wrote:The squad has good players in it. The squad is, on paper, the strongest we've ever had. The squad is fit for purpose. The manager isn't.

Are the players that good though? looking at them I think this one of the worst set of players we have ver had, sometimes you have to admit we are just not good enough.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:38 pm

marky wrote:The squad has good players in it. The squad is, on paper, the strongest we've ever had. The squad is fit for purpose. The manager isn't.

marky, thas noway mfc will get rid of sm till the end of the season

i wish he would go tomorrow but that aint going to happen ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:01 pm

Oh I quite agree. They really should have accepted his resignation last year. Would have at least given a new person a chance to assess the squad long before the January transfer window and would also have given a new person long enough to work with with the players to turn things around. Absolutely no point getting rid of him at this stage. We just have to hope both Barnet and Stockport are still the worst 2 teams in the division come May and get rid of him AND Mark Lillis then. I know people want Jim Bentley and I can understand why (legend and all that) but what we need is a completely new pair of eyes.

And PT Indie, I do think that we have the best collection of individuals we have ever had but they are possibly the worst TEAM for a very long time. That's the difference. There's only one man who can be blamed for that.
marky

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:21 pm

Stanners glides from the plane in a special outfit off a james bond film, takes the free kick, scores and saves the team, the plane takes evl sammy and drops the man into a volcano, louis armstrong then sings...............
mrpotatohead

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:06 am

marky wrote:Oh I quite agree. They really should have accepted his resignation last year. Would have at least given a new person a chance to assess the squad long before the January transfer window and would also have given a new person long enough to work with with the players to turn things around. Absolutely no point getting rid of him at this stage. We just have to hope both Barnet and Stockport are still the worst 2 teams in the division come May and get rid of him AND Mark Lillis then. I know people want Jim Bentley and I can understand why (legend and all that) but what we need is a completely new pair of eyes.

And PT Indie, I do think that we have the best collection of individuals we have ever had but they are possibly the worst TEAM for a very long time. That's the difference. There's only one man who can be blamed for that.

Who do you propose then? And for everyone saying get Jim in, nothing will change, he's already enough of a figurehead in the dressing room and on the training field. Some people just dont think. There was a comment somewhere that sammy doesnt care at all for morecambe which is just plain ridiculous. Its not all Sammy's fault, its the players fault. He plays the best team, i dont think anybody can complain about team selection, except for a couple of weirdos who think the world revolves around mullin. Andy Parrish is the only player that gives 100% commitment and every game he is head and shoulders above every other player in red on the field. So if one player is capable of putting his all in, why arent the other players, and why is sammy to blame for that? Motivation is clearly a problem for alot of these players and if you are blaming the staff, then you are blaming sammy, mark and jim. so as stated, bringing jim in will change nothing
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby marky » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:36 am

MORECAMBE_RULE wrote:Who do you propose then? And for everyone saying get Jim in, nothing will change, he's already enough of a figurehead in the dressing room and on the training field. Some people just dont think. There was a comment somewhere that sammy doesnt care at all for morecambe which is just plain ridiculous. Its not all Sammy's fault, its the players fault. He plays the best team, i dont think anybody can complain about team selection, except for a couple of weirdos who think the world revolves around mullin. Andy Parrish is the only player that gives 100% commitment and every game he is head and shoulders above every other player in red on the field. So if one player is capable of putting his all in, why arent the other players, and why is sammy to blame for that? Motivation is clearly a problem for alot of these players and if you are blaming the staff, then you are blaming sammy, mark and jim. so as stated, bringing jim in will change nothing

I actually believe there's a collective problem. A number of our players are what you would describe as lower league journeymen. Now whilst I have no doubt they they try to give their all, how passionate can you actually be when you're playing for a different club every couple of years? So it could be perhaps claimed that there might be an issue with some of the players themselves on that front. However, who is it who instigated bringing such players to our club in the first place? Sammy McIlroy. Who is ultimately responsible for drilling the players and motivating them to give their all every week? Sammy McIlroy. Who has been bemoaning defensive errors all season yet appears to have got no further forward in rectifying this despite the fact 3 members of the current back 4 weren't even with the club when the season started? Sammy McIlroy. Who is responsible for allowing Sammy to continue with his somewhat haphazzard and short-termist recruitment policy? The board. Who was responsible for the mess that was the delayed Globe fiasco that so severely disrupted our preparation for this season? Globe themselves and quite possibly the man in charge of the project on the board. Very little has gone right for the club on and off the field since the Aldershot match that got us into last season's play-offs.

I'm optimistic enough to believe that we won't get relegated, with or without Sammy McIlroy. But come May, I honestly believe the board need to sit down and think about where we go from here. We have a ground that is now capable of making us money and is also capable of financing the achievement of the Chairman's aim of sustained League 1 football. Do they still believe that Sammy is the man to guide us through the next stage of our journey? Do they feel, like I do, that they need to invest in some form of official youth development programme (NB - it need not be a full academy if the costs for that are too great)? As for individuals to replace Sammy, I honestly couldn't say. It's not really my job to find a new manager for the board. But our chairman has run very successful multi-national companies for a long time. He'll have the kind of contacts but in and out of the game that most of us could only dream of. I have no doubt he'd be able to land someone who could take us further than Sammy probably can.
marky

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:51 am

marky wrote:I actually believe there's a collective problem. A number of our players are what you would describe as lower league journeymen. Now whilst I have no doubt they they try to give their all, how passionate can you actually be when you're playing for a different club every couple of years? So it could be perhaps claimed that there might be an issue with some of the players themselves on that front. However, who is it who instigated bringing such players to our club in the first place? Sammy McIlroy. Who is ultimately responsible for drilling the players and motivating them to give their all every week? Sammy McIlroy. Who has been bemoaning defensive errors all season yet appears to have got no further forward in rectifying this despite the fact 3 members of the current back 4 weren't even with the club when the season started? Sammy McIlroy. Who is responsible for allowing Sammy to continue with his somewhat haphazzard and short-termist recruitment policy? The board. Who was responsible for the mess that was the delayed Globe fiasco that so severely disrupted our preparation for this season? Globe themselves and quite possibly the man in charge of the project on the board. Very little has gone right for the club on and off the field since the Aldershot match that got us into last season's play-offs.

I'm optimistic enough to believe that we won't get relegated, with or without Sammy McIlroy. But come May, I honestly believe the board need to sit down and think about where we go from here. We have a ground that is now capable of making us money and is also capable of financing the achievement of the Chairman's aim of sustained League 1 football. Do they still believe that Sammy is the man to guide us through the next stage of our journey? Do they feel, like I do, that they need to invest in some form of official youth development programme (NB - it need not be a full academy if the costs for that are too great)? As for individuals to replace Sammy, I honestly couldn't say. It's not really my job to find a new manager for the board. But our chairman has run very successful multi-national companies for a long time. He'll have the kind of contacts but in and out of the game that most of us could only dream of. I have no doubt he'd be able to land someone who could take us further than Sammy probably can.

fair points there, for me there is only one person the board can realistically afford to replace sammy, and that is jim, and i think a) he is a huge gamble, b)wont change a lot. Sammy's signings over the past few years have been in general good, baker, duffy, roche, parrish, stanley, wilson, even artell. Now out of them roche and artell are players who have been kicking about in the lower leagues, and for me they put as much effort in during their time at the club as any of the others. people have criticised his signings, but I have the benefit (some may disagree :lol: ) of being a leicester fan, and they are a club who have made bad signings, and also why i am so against sacking managers, as all it did for them was get them relegated two divisions. Keep Sammy, at least we know we have someone 100% commited to the club there
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby marky » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:09 am

There's a difference, though, between sacking managers who have only been in the job 5 minutes with sacking 1 manager after 12 years and another after possibly 5 and a half. Constantly changing a manager does inherently lead to instability but our board doesn't have a history of doing that. Sometimes I think people underestimate what the club could afford to pay its manager. We are not a poor club by any means. Compared to many of the clubs around us in the current league, we're positively rich! Yes, the likes of Oxford, Chesterfield, etc probably have a greater punch than we do but that's because they have a football league pedigree and a fanbase to match that. We are building, just like Dagenham, for instance. Like it would have been for us, promotion to League 1 came too soon for them. However, I bet they are enjoying the financial rewards of playing the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton Athletic, Huddersfield Town, etc every week!
marky

Postby Morectalk » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:34 am

If Sammy has an ounce of decency he will fall on his sword & not hold the club to ransom waiting for a big pay-off while the club sinks into the relegation mire.

FOR F**K'S SAKE GO...NOW !!!
Morectalk

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:42 pm

ezz wrote:makes me laugh everyone wants stanners back just to take corners and free kicks......shows how useless he was for us if thats all we need him for......

Corners and free-kicks aren't the only reason that he is needed back here pronto. He drives the team on with surging runs and most importantly he shows his heart is in the club and it hurts him when we lose. I fear some of our players don't have that same will to win as Stanners.

Back to the corners and dead ball kicks , those have been a great source of goals to us in recent seasons indeed sometimes it looks like our only hope of scoring a goal. Sammy said he let Stanners go because he had cover for midfield with Brown and Hunter. Neither IMHO can play midfield. Both run around and put lots of effort in , that can't be disputed , but neither is capable of a killer pass or cross.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion