Hello Again Shrimps / Barnet

Hello Again Shrimps / Barnet

Postby Captain Haddock » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:33 pm

Hello all,

I'm the Brighton fan who was on your old forum from time to time.

Just popped back to have a nose and see you've been "'premium'TV'd"! Oh joy! :0( Welcome to the sorry world of centralised websites :o(:o(

Good to see your lot pick up a good result at the weekend....helluva lot better than my boys' 1-4 drubbing at the hands of the visiting Scunny side. :cry: :oops: Long may it continue....your winning not our losing, that is!

Is Matty still on here ("504"?). If so, are you going to Barnet on Saturday?

I may pop along as I'm working til the early afternoon and can't get to Yeovil for my team's match and fancy a game.

Where do you lot usually meet up for a few scoops? If so any room for a Southern softie to join up with you? ;) ....I came to see you at Wolves last season so might be a lucky charm!

Cheers

RG / Capt. H

P.S Can't seem to get a 'valid' avatar on here...any advice?
.....and Smith must score! (1983) :(

Captain Haddock

Re: Hello Again Shrimps / Barnet

Postby Captain Haddock » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:55 am

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Captain Haddock

Postby shrimper » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:36 am

Did you notice Scunthorpe's right winger, Thompson? (ex Shrimp of course)

At Barnet some of us usually go in the pub on the corner just up from the ground towards the railway bridge.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Captain Haddock » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:21 pm

Yes Garry Thompson....didn't get to the game but heard he was amongst those that impressed in a good Scunny side.

The Old Red Lion? That's the pub just a short alleyway from the away end isn't it - up by the main road?! Will pop in there before the game - look out for me, probably from 215ish. I'll wear my black coat with Errea printed in white on the front (or an England top if it's too hot a day....vaguely relevant on a football theme!)

Will buy you a pint if I manage to find you, Shrimper.

8-)

Captain Haddock

Postby shrimper » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:54 pm

And I shall drink it, kind sir.

504 is at a wedding by the way.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:27 pm

We will probably be in The Weaver, a pub just around the corner from The Old Red Lion but a damn site cleaner :shock:

I'm told Sentanta is shown in Weaver's. ;)
morecambe mick

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm

morecambe mick wrote:We will probably be in The Weaver, a pub just around the corner from The Old Red Lion but a damn site cleaner :shock:

Is that where you passed me a goody bag last time out MM :?: ;)
Plain Peter

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:19 pm

Peter wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:We will probably be in The Weaver, a pub just around the corner from The Old Red Lion but a damn site cleaner :shock:

Is that where you passed me a goody bag last time out MM :?: ;)

It is indeed the same place Peter.

I couldn't get to Lancaster's club shop for the gold braided thong you wanted though, sorry.

Anne Summers do a nice line in them though.*

Edit: *Apparently :oops:
morecambe mick

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:50 am

As you were on pints of coke last time I still owe you a proper pint for the favour.
I'd have had a day out today, but have just been kicked into touch with neuralgia, and put on a course of amitriptyline tablets, which may impair my alertness. Mind you that'll make a change from that 'pop' that regularly plays havoc with my judgement :roll: .
Plain Peter

Postby Mark S » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:08 am

Peter wrote:As you were on pints of coke last time I still owe you a proper pint for the favour.
I'd have had a day out today, but have just been kicked into touch with neuralgia, and put on a course of amitriptyline tablets, which may impair my alertness. Mind you that'll make a change from that 'pop' that regularly plays havoc with my judgement :roll: .

Get yourself better for Gillingham Peter ;)
Mark S

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:33 am

Me and Doris are off to The Land of Smiles the following Tuesday, so a trip to The Garden of England might get us in the mood.
Plain Peter

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:12 am

Gillingham is a dump though.
Anyone with a few hours to spare before the game would be better off having a wander round Rochester. It's a Dickens of a place :)
Plain Peter

Return to General Discussion