team versus Barnet on Saturday?

team versus Barnet on Saturday?

Postby morecambetillidie08 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:48 pm

Roche

Parrish.. Artell. Jimbo(C).. Mccann

Curtis.. Drummond. Stanners.. Wainwright..

Howe. O'carroll

bench...

Garry Hunter
Scott Davies
Michael Twiss
Michael Howard
Paul Lloyd
morecambetillidie08

Postby Howe Magic » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:57 pm

Howard and lloyd are both injured so wont be on bench - i would have new boy smith on bench along with mcclachlan It would be very unfair to leave Curtis out the way he has been playing
Howe Magic

Re: team versus Barnet on Saturday?

Postby shrimper » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:52 am

You could make a very strong case for not changing a winning team. If Parrish isn't naturally left-footed then I suppose Adams may come back in whenever he fully recovers from his virus, which may not be in time for this game. (Then the choice is Parrish or McCan at right back).

If there IS to be a change.... Stanley for Hunter, perhaps? (I just like the 'impact' of a fresh Hunter for the last half hour or so).

Smith would definitely be on the bench for me and I think he will be - again to give them something different to think about for the last half hour, whatever the score at that stage. He may eventually come into the starting reckoning but, as has been said, it would be very harsh on whichever of Wayne or Wainwright was to make way.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:34 am

Mentioning Danny...what is his current situation?

Just hope it's not serious as a virus can have long term implications.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Harry » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:27 am

I'd keep the same starting eleven as last week, maybe switching McCann and Parrish to the opposite side to see if they perform better that way. Also I'd put Wainwright back onto the right, with Curtis bombing down the left.

I don't know how fit Stanley is, so don't know if he's ready to start yet, but I'd bring him on for Hunter after an hour, and depending on how the team is playing Smith for Curtis at that time too.

Of course this is all hypothetically as I can't actually see the game tomorrow :evil:
Harry

Postby scalehallshrimp » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:11 pm

the key factor is what is barnets style abnd do we need to adapt our team to cater for that,although after the start they have had does that matter
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:39 am

scalehallshrimp wrote:the key factor is what is barnets style abnd do we need to adapt our team to cater for that,although after the start they have had does that matter
scalehall shrimp

Let's concentrate on our own game and leave the worries to them.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion