o/t West Brom 4-4-0 Formation

o/t West Brom 4-4-0 Formation

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:20 am

Down to 9 men at Blackpool, the formation worked well without a striker!! I know it is a different level and they are far quicker than us but they really played well.
Many teams would just fold with 2 sendings off, away from home and 1-0 down but as there was nobody up front they couldn't just hoof the ball up top. The 4 man midfield went forward as a group and was great to watch.

Personally I am glad Blackpool held on but had they played against 11 I think they would have been duffed. They reminded me very much of ourselves when panick seemed to set in even at 2.0 up! :o

Not that it happens very often nowadays :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: o/t West Brom 4-4-0 Formation

Postby shrimpinho » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:38 pm

no doubt about west brom's confidence, like you said, most teams would of folded. At half-time I presumed it was a no brainer but credit to the albion, played some decent football and even with 9 men kept the ball in possession well.
shrimpinho

Postby essex_shrimp » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:55 pm

I was thinking watching this game after West Brom second red card it will finish 3 / 4 - 0 Blackpool.

Really happy the way West Brom did not roll over after going 2-0 down and down to ten men.

Think West Brom will nick a top10 place
essex_shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:47 pm

I certainly think Matteo's tactics worked well and some will have been bemused when needing a goal but took his only striker off. Very brave as most fans' reaction would be :shock: . Blackpool were confused for long spells and in the end nearly blew it.

Good job there were hundreds of Stewards along the away end as it was getting a bit tasty towards the end 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion