O/T Man Utd's second goal

Re: O/T Man Utd's second goal

Postby Bellers The Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:13 pm

Good spot indeed Ben! i as a man utd fan was just defending the goal being brought up on the other team I supports forum :) I don't see the harm there my old mucker ;)
Bellers The Shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:19 pm

Still was the wrong desicon.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Joel Ninety » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:31 pm

A.B.U. :roll:
Joel Ninety

Postby BLS BOY » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:31 pm

Bellers The Shrimp wrote:Good spot indeed Ben! i as a man utd fan was just defending the goal being brought up on the other team I supports forum :) I don't see the harm there my old mucker ;)

As a supporter of Manchester United, why don't you go on your own teams forum?

Why select our forum as you claim as a fan of mfc you have every right, and debatably no others to "voice" your unneccessary views on a topic that is now, along with other referreing clangers, banished into history?

As a Man Utd fan, were you at the game yourself yesterday?
As a Morecambe fan, were you at Torquay yesterday?

Or, like plenty of others, you started "supporting Manchester United" after 1993, and Morecambe after 1995?

Who gives a toss!
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby MfcChris » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:38 pm

Most if not 90% of people support a premiership team as well as lower league team like Morecambe. Mainly because they support the Prem team as a youngster and then get in to Morecambe. IMO that is wrong and saying and supporting the Prem team should fade out over time. You cannot support 2 teams. If you support Morecambe, you can like a Prem team, but say you support Morecambe!!

I support Morecambe.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:43 pm

BLS BOY wrote:
Bellers The Shrimp wrote:Good spot indeed Ben! i as a man utd fan was just defending the goal being brought up on the other team I supports forum :) I don't see the harm there my old mucker ;)

Why select our forum as you claim as a fan of mfc you have every right, and debatably no others to "voice" your unneccessary views on a topic that is now, along with other referreing clangers, banished into history?

Or, like plenty of others, you started "supporting Manchester United" after 1993, and Morecambe after 1995?

Who gives a toss!

Brilliant post, I have a prem team but I don't and wouldn't want to talk about them on here, or anywhere else right now for that matter :lol:, i certainly wouldn't call them "we" :?

WE IS MORECAMBE, innit.
Bare Ben

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:46 pm

With respect to "only supporting Morecambe since 1995" and I understand what you are saying (bandwagon etc) as a team progresses and is more successful surely we want new newbys to join in. It shouldn't be a competition between those who have supported longer. Generally you would expect to have more fans as you go up and less when you go down. Sometimes a la Chester the fanbase actually goes up when you go down.

Currently we have increased our home support to around 2000. Most will continue to support whatever , but I feel we are currently in a watershed where some may drift if the results and style of play continue, which halftimeresults has already brought up
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:43 pm

nice to see united get it their way for once :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Bellers The Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:45 pm

Well to be fair, the topic was on man utd so I don't think commenting on a man utd related topic is so wrong. And in response to your other ridiculous comment, I was born in 1994, so I'd have had a job supporting them in 1993
Bellers The Shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:52 pm

MfcChris wrote:Most if not 90% of people support a premiership team as well as lower league team like Morecambe. Mainly because they support the Prem team as a youngster and then get in to Morecambe. IMO that is wrong and saying and supporting the Prem team should fade out over time. You cannot support 2 teams. If you support Morecambe, you can like a Prem team, but say you support Morecambe!!

I support Morecambe.

I'm originally from OLDHAM, my family (Dads side) still live there and OLDHAM ATHLETIC will always be my first love footballwise but after receiving a free transfer to Morecambe aged 3 years and living here ever since I guess this is now my HOME and i've watched MFC on and off since the late 1960's to the present day, even went to Wembley in 1974 aged 12

My step father used to take me to Bloomfield Rd when Jimmy Armfield was playing for Blackpool and my first memory there was seeing the great Jimmy Greaves then playing for West Ham collect the ball right infront of me for a corner and wink....................what an honour!!! but I never really took to the seasiders although I like to see them do well and fly the flag for the North west.

I met my wife in Blackburn and used to go and watch Rovers if they were at Home whilst she was working Saturday afternoons and that's 1984 onwards when they were in the old 2nd division at an Ewood park a far cry from it's Premiership days, Have to admit I really enjoyed watching em too with that pocket Hercules Simon Garner up top scoring for fun, until the time I was torn and OLDHAM arrived in town
I left my position in the Nuttall street Home end and went in the Darwen end with the OLDHAM fans because my gut feeling was to be there no matter what, ofcourse they got stuffed 3-1 by a far better team in Rovers.

I have still visited Ewood upto 4 times a year since the Premiership was formed so I guess this is ANOTHER team I watch out for aswell :D

Since starting working permanent night shift i've found it very difficult to watch any football including the TV kind unless i'm off but I do sometimes rise early from my slumber at 2pm, pick up my son from his place of work and head off to the Globe, watch the game before readying myself for another shift at 9pm, A very tight schedule and it can be tiring at times.

So looking at it you can SUPPORT (follow) more than one club because 'it's a funny old game' :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:06 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
BLS BOY wrote:

Who gives a toss!

Brilliant post, I have a prem team but I don't and wouldn't want to talk about them on here, or anywhere else right now for that matter :lol:, i certainly wouldn't call them "we" :?

WE IS MORECAMBE, innit.

I'm a Morecambe fan.
Sammy h

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:30 am

marky No.1 wrote:With respect to "only supporting Morecambe since 1995" and I understand what you are saying (bandwagon etc) as a team progresses and is more successful surely we want new newbys to join in. It shouldn't be a competition between those who have supported longer. Generally you would expect to have more fans as you go up and less when you go down. Sometimes a la Chester the fanbase actually goes up when you go down.

Currently we have increased our home support to around 2000. Most will continue to support whatever , but I feel we are currently in a watershed where some may drift if the results and style of play continue, which halftimeresults has already brought up

I would say I am a Morecambe fan although I was brought up supporting Wigan Athletic I would still say I support them as well but now they are my second team and Morecambe is my first team.
This is only out 4th season in the FL but hopefully like me over the next few years more people will start support Morecambe as their first team as well.
heysham_mfc

Postby wijit » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:47 am

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Its their advantage, they should be given what they want.

I'm sure they wanted a goal, sod it-lets just give them the goal and have done with it. After all, they were looking like scoring any minute.
The referee isn't always right, but he is always the referee. If he hasn't given the free kick and you just assume he has or is going to then you bloody deserve to have Nani come along and do that.
And frankly, all this Man U get everything is pretty boring, you can look at any match with a reasonable crowd and you see the home team get decisions far more than the visiting teams, it's called home advantage, it's not right or fair, but considering they play home and away then it balances out.
wijit

Postby scar » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Supporting 2 teams.... hmmm, here's the diliema.

I support Morecambe, have sponsored them in the past, take part in the prawn sandwiches brigade and love the new facilities that much that i've not ventured on to the terraces yet! Framed Signed Morecambe shirts hang on my wall at work and at home from seasons gone by and picks of me giving MotM awards to a variety of players adorn my office.

2 weeks ago though I was in Milan to watch the Spurs v Inter match at the San Siro and what a bloody good experience it was. As a Spurs fan it was fantastic despite the loss, a most memorable experience.

So i'd say yes you can support two teams. If they played each other in a cup match i'd be cheers both teams! Odd but true.

Now the diliema - Spurs play Inter on Tuesday, it's on the TV so a must watch.... The Shrimps are at home so what do I do?!?!?

As for the ManU goal... utter shambles from Clattenberg, the same story from him again. It was a good game until that point, and to boko Modric for protesting when he didn't book Nani for the diliberate Handball does take the piss a little. Yes the goal stood, i'm not complaining and wish ManU well, it's just a shame the ref made a sham of it! Talking point for all the wrong reasons!
scar

Postby outsider » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:05 pm

Watch the Shrimps and get a radio for the Spurs game. ;)

2 teams I get that all the time being born and bred in Coventry they were my team, and was a season ticket holder at Highfield rd for a couple of years. Started watching the shrimps in the last confrence season due to being dragged along by my son, now I follow the Shrimps up and the country. When my 2 teams played each other this season i drove back from our family holiday in Devon to attend the match :o :o , but I did watch it wearing my SkyBlue Morecambe shirt, ;) .
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Opinionated » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:33 pm

scar wrote:Now the diliema - Spurs play Inter on Tuesday, it's on the TV so a must watch.... The Shrimps are at home so what do I do?!?!?

You watch Morecambe as you have the chance to support the team, whereas with Spurs you would be watching from your sofa/a pub. The Spurs match might be one that's talked about for years, but you have the chance to affect the outcome of the Morecambe game by supporting your team, so that's what you should do in my opinion.

Im in the same position as you on Tuesday. I will be watching Morecambe while my 'other' team, who I love just as much as MFC are on TV.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby shrimper » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Of course Gomes should have played to the whistle but, in his defence, when he placed the ball for what he assumed was an automatic free kick, Nani having committed a deliberate handball for which he should have been booked (and note, as well, that that didn't happen, even after all the kerfuffle had died down) he was signalling to the ref, as if asking 'is this okay, can I take a free-kick?'

That seemed to be what he was saying at the end: 'I saw you say it' or similar was what he was saying. He interpreted the ref's waving as meaning 'yes, take the free kick' instead of 'play on'.

Clattenburg made the fair point: "Whose job is it to give free kicks?" .. well, yes Mark of course it's the ref's. It's not Gomez's (that's why he was checking with you if it was okay to take the free kick). It also wasn't Nani's decision to give a free kick (pen) when he fell over. That's why he should have been booked for taking matters literally into his own hands.

You could make a case for Ferdinand being booked as well after he was in the ref's face just seconds after he'd told the Spurs players to get away from him. But no chance of that - one rule for us, another for them?

The ref tried to play advantage, there clearly wasn't any, then he should have stopped play and brought it back.

And, yes, that is precisely what he would have done if it had happened TO ManU instead of in their favour - everyone knows that.

I've not heard anyone claiming it would have meant Spurs would go on to get a point or a win - they probably wouldn't - but that farce of an incident made absolutely sure.

And it's just so typical. Notice how ManU get a goal awarded the other week when the ball was a millimetre over the line?

Anyway, it's that fantastic Champions' League we're going to win this season!!

:roll:
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Previous

Return to General Discussion