This weeks 'Teams Like Morecambe' Post

Re: This weeks 'Teams Like Morecambe' Post

Postby sgt major » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:38 pm

Dont forget folks - watch the sky game in the York having the craic with the away fans then walk down the cycle track to the new ground - sorted ;)
Last edited by sgt major on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sgt major

Postby sandgrown » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:34 pm

Hopefully this isn't the city councillor for Westgate talking down the proposals for the new stadium?

I can understand your desire to stand up for your local residents / voters. However, the arrangements at Westgate Primary School add another 370 spaces to the sizeable number at the new ground. This provides opportunity for way more vehicles to park in designated areas than exist at the current ground. Additionally the club, under their own steam, have worked with the County Council to provide the planning necessary for match day buses.

So far all I've seen is City and County Council officers working hard on solutions to enable the new stadium to happen. Whereas local elected councillors have merely raised objections (to both the planned site and the current site). Surely local councillors could work harder to deliver the stadium to the benefit of all rather than just object to protect the interests of a vocal minority?[/quote]

absolutely nothing to do with voters, in fact I havn't received any objections, I'm just a supporter with genuine concerns !
sandgrown

Postby Sammy h » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:03 pm

I live virtually round the corner from where the new ground is going to be. And i want it to happen as much as anyone, but i don't know where these supposed 370 car park spaces are going to come from, there isn't that much room in Westgate school, but as Shrimper said, there is plenty of space in the farmers fields on Oxcliffe road, and i'm sure they won't mind a few extra hundred quid.

At the end of the day Morecambe Fc need income and profit and this is the best way to do it.
Sammy h

Postby Number 1 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:57 pm

I'm sure people will find a way. I mean there are loads of places just off the cycle track which would mean a place to park adjacent to the cycle track and a 5 minute walk along the track.

And of course, hopefully, there will be a park and ride...White Lund would be a good place for a park and ride I reckon.
Number 1

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:43 am

Sammy h wrote:Ithere isn't that much room in Westgate school,.

Blackburn use a school just up from the ground towards the motorway and it provides a lot of spaces (though it IS a bit bigger than Westgate Primary).

Remember they won't just be talking about the school's car park. They'll use the playgrounds and any other hard standing around the school, for which the school, I'd imagine, would get a cut.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Previous

Return to General Discussion