Almost 100% happy

Almost 100% happy

Postby Bare Ben » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Brilliant performance from the lads today, against a very good side as well. Jimbo and Parrish were absolute rocks, Wilson got forward really well. I thought Gary Hunter looked shaky at first but improved dramatically in the second half. Duffs and Rundle always looked dangerous, Mullin unlucky not to score, and solid displays from Drummy and Fleming. Roche also made a quality save, and the subs added the last boost of energy that we have lacked sometimes in recent home games. That leaves Stanners, who at the moment is the total heartbeat of the team and drives us on continually. He looked pumped up all game - possibly fuelled by the opposition manager being the mong that let him go! He's just missing the Captain's armband. Good to see Duffy and Rundle switching wings when we looked to attack and then when it didn't really work too well they were replaced, even if the replacements came on a bit late. Also good to see that everyone has calmed down now (except Sammy ;) ) and we are all looking up. All in all superb from everybody today...or not...

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THE SERVICE AT THE BARS? Twice today i was stood there for 20 mins before being served, it's becoming a total joke. Before the game, at its peak in terms of being busy, there were 3 staff behind the bar looking far from hurried, despite the large amount of people stood there like lemons. There was a young lad who was just too busy smiling at everyone to worry about serving people. At one point this bloke asked for a pint of carling, he pulled the pump and it just spat out froth, causing him to laugh hysterically :? . The bloke then decided to change and get a pint of Coors instead of waiting 20 mins for this fool to change the barrel. It wasn't until Toby (the former manager of the Dog & Partridge) appeared that people began to get served. He had his arms out stretched between the pumps and was still serving people (how it should be when it gets that busy), but that just seemed to highlight the sheer turtle-pace of the others. At half time, another busy period, under the MBW there were staff sat on their arses in the back room! And as per instead of having seperate queues, one for food one for drinks, everybody was just stood together, someone put a sign up or something! It's very confusing that a 10 year old girl would be stood waiting for a pint of bitter. Back in the bar after the game, how wonderful that there were more staff behind the bar now that it had quietened down. Still, at least that young lad had gone home to bed. Don't get me wrong the staff are all really nice, but I don't want niceties, I just want my pint please. :roll:
Bare Ben

Re: Almost 100% happy

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:08 pm

Why don't you nip down to your local corner shop or go to home bargains in Lancaster?
Little Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Very very happy. Shrews looked good.

Every single game Hunter and Roche do not talk and it leads to unnecessary corners and hearts in mouths. Do they not have mouths? 3 times today.

I think the captaincy is giving Baz too much to think about.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Bare Ben » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:14 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Why don't you nip down to your local corner shop or go to home bargains in Lancaster?

What? For a pint before football? Are you mental?
Bare Ben

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Whoah! I don't drink pints befor football 8-) ...................I'm not aloud! Why don't you get a can or something??
Little Shrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:33 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Whoah! I don't drink pints befor football 8-) ...................I'm not aloud! Why don't you get a can or something??

Erm...because I'm normal? :?
Bare Ben

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:34 pm

Yeah...............well being young and not aloud to drink beer does not make me un normal :P
Little Shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 pm

DONT DRINK BECAUSE YOU WILL GET A BEER BELLY
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Yeah...............well being young and not aloud to drink beer does not make me un normal :P

What? I didn't say it did, I just don't want to walk around a football ground with a 6 pack of stella thanks. :?
Bare Ben

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:44 pm

Bare ben, stop, he is only 13, stop picking on kids :lol:
I must say the service is awful, everytime i have been there is crap..
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby jonnythedog » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Bare ben, stop, he is only 13, stop picking on kids :lol:
I must say the service is awful, everytime i have been there is crap..

:o How the hell did you get served? I got ID'd today and I'm 30 this month!
jonnythedog

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:49 pm

I meant for a pie! :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:35 pm

I was very happy with the win and the performance today. It was the first home league game this season that I can hand on heart say the opposition deserved nothing. 1-0 flattered Shrewsbury, which just goes to show the strength of our performance given their good league position.
RedRedWine1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:43 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:Why don't you nip down to your local corner shop or go to home bargains in Lancaster?

What? For a pint before football? Are you mental?

I know theres a Co-Op on Westgate FFS :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:17 am

the catering for anyone outside the elite C block, is rank, overpriced, and something that will end up biting the clubs arse if it is not sorted soon, the william mitchell are doing well with huge bacon butties for a quid en route, glad we grabbed one instead of
queueing up for a piemare at the globe :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Harry » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:39 am

Although I welcome the return of my sacred pie, peas and gravy with an open mouth, they drain the peas giving us no pea juice to mix with the gravy, also they skimp on the gravy leaving too much of a crusty pie! Be more generous with sundries!
Harry

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:36 am

I went to the bar on the Coventry game. Two drinks and two chocolate bars cost a fiver :? that's why I go to the corner shop down the road 8-)
Little Shrimp

Return to General Discussion