DAVE ARTELL

Re: DAVE ARTELL

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Sharpy wrote:actually can't believe people are trying to defend him!!! it doesn't matter what his overall personality is at all, the guy turned to directly swear at a fan! nothing makes this acceptable, take a look at jim, im not always a fan of him when he plays but the guy is an absolute gent! would he ever swear at a fan? does that make him un passionate because he doesn't swear at fans?
and no i won't fk off. another one of the "rose tinted glasses" crowd are we?

Nobody wants you to "cough" Sharpy mate. You are entitled to your opinions, that's what this board is all about !
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby shrimper » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:54 pm

Sharpy wrote:actually can't believe people are trying to defend him!!! it doesn't matter what his overall personality is at all, the guy turned to directly swear at a fan! nothing makes this acceptable, take a look at jim, im not always a fan of him when he plays but the guy is an absolute gent! would he ever swear at a fan? does that make him un passionate because he doesn't swear at fans?

Of course it does. If we knew him as a yob then this debate would have finished a long time ago.

NOBODY is defending a player swearing at a spectator because whatever the spectator has said doesn't warrant that. Never has and never will.

We're not defending his actions in that split second. What we are defending is his reputation as a bloke, some of us knowing him quite well.

What I'm saying is that this incident was out of character, it happened in the heat of the moment (when all human beings are capable of acting out of character).

What I'm also saying is that IF he actually saw any letter sent by the woman, and if it was worded appropriately (ie not 'you're an ignorant yob, get a life you effin jeffer' etc - and I'm sure it wasn't like that) then it would be equally out of character for him not to reply and apologise.

Maybe he did get the letter and maybe he did choose to ignore it - but, from what I know of the player (and I know him reasonably well) , that would be out of character.

That's all.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:

Nobody wants you to "cough" Sharpy mate. You are entitled to your opinions, that's what this board is all about !

I remember the Christie Avenue "end" giving Keith Galley a bit of umpty and then he scored at that end and gave the fans a "V" sign !
Nobody wrote to Keith Galley as far as I know asking him to retract his heat of the moment expression !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion