Come on Sammy

Come on Sammy

Postby Sammy h » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:25 am

Get Mr Fleming on the pitch, what has he done wrong?

Drop that joke of a player Capaldi, bring in Wilson and Rundle and lets get 3 points on Saturday.
Sammy h

Re: Come on Sammy

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:12 am

Sammy h wrote:Get Mr Fleming on the pitch, what has he done wrong?

Drop that joke of a player Capaldi, bring in Wilson and Rundle and lets get 3 points on Saturday.

The best players are the best players. simple really.

Wilson for his pace , Fleming , Rundle , Stanley should all be on the team sheet.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby bill ding » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:20 am

Be interesting to see if stanners will even be in saturdays team , noticed a few words being exchanged between Craig and sammy which is not the best thing to do .
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby George Dawes » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:29 am

Sammy h wrote:Get Mr Fleming on the pitch, what has he done wrong?

who you going to drop though for Fleming? Drummond as been probably the most consitant outfield player this season so far and is scoring goals aswell and Stanley goes without saying

but totaly agree about Capaldi..
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:32 am

I still feel that Capaldi is a good player. But maybe the appearance of Wilson late on was to tell him that he still has a role to play.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Naylz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:46 am

think it says something when the fans were singing "hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah" when Wilson came on.

Capaldi has had two shocking games. thank god he's only a short term deal!

Wilson needs to be reinstated as a first 11 player.
Naylz

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:21 am

Who are you dropping for Fleming? Capaldi is a left-back (apparently, although how he passes for a footballer is beyond most sane people...full inernational...pha!).

Drummond? Or Stanley? Or do you abandon the 4-4-2? I think he should play, but where? At the moment I think he is more likely to take Stanley's place. How was Duffy not MotM last night???
RedRedWine1

Postby 1953 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:19 am

Who are you going to drop to make way for Fleming?? That was the question. Simple answer: Someone who is nowhere near as fast --Mullin. (or is there a rule that says Fleming can't be used as a forward)!!

Postby rickster » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:02 pm

drop stanley for fleming. fleming is a better player.
rickster

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:06 pm

rickster wrote:drop stanley for fleming. fleming is a better player.

dont think it would be good to drop one of the best players we have.

Both should be in the team. Fleming could play as 2nd striker just behind Mullin. He has an eye for a goal as we saw in the opening games.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Joe Oh » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:06 pm

Capaldi was pretty crap but not awful. Maybe he just needs a few games. His long throws were great as well. We scored the first Barnet goal from a long throw flick on. Having said that, Wilson is a different class and really should be playing.
Joe Oh

Postby rickster » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
rickster wrote:drop stanley for fleming. fleming is a better player.

dont think it would be good to drop one of the best players we have.

Both should be in the team. Fleming could play as 2nd striker just behind Mullin. He has an eye for a goal as we saw in the opening games.

fleming and drummy. at the moment drummy is playing better than stanley
rickster

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:50 pm

[quote="Joe Oh"]Capaldi was pretty crap but not awful"

What exactly is the difference there then? :?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:19 pm

Wilson should be playing for the simple reason he is a completely quality player. Rundle and Stanley should be playing. They both have superb crossing ability. I think Fleming should play behind Mullin. Mullin heads the ball well and also holds the ball up well which would be a great chance for Fleming to do all his stuff.
Little Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Christies Child wrote:I still feel that Capaldi is a good player. But maybe the appearance of Wilson late on was to tell him that he still has a role to play.

Come on Neil, is he your son or something? :lol:

Liking the ideas about possibly playing Fleming off Mullin, which allows Stanners and Drummond in the middle.

Think Rundle should get another run in the team, he did well when he came on. Why didn't Duffy get MOM? Those sponsors are crazy.

Team for Saturday

Roche
Parrish Scott Bentley Wilson
Duffy Stanley Drummond Rundle
Mullin Fleming
Sammy h

Postby steve mfc » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:03 pm

I'm sure Capaldi is a much better player than we have seen so far however you have to pick a team on current form and not on reputation.
steve mfc

Postby bigredone68 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:24 pm

Totaly agree with Capoldi been benched for Wilson, bring Rundle in on the left and play Brown in behind Mullin, The problem in the last two games is that we have been over run in midfield by pace and the lack of numbers. We hoof the ball up to Paul Mullins and with the lack of support for him they pass the ball through our midfield as if they were not there and get at the back four. The rest is history six goals conceeded in two games at home which is worrying.

I think eventually Sammy will get it right but the question is how long. Everyone knows the longer you are down there at the bottom the harder it is to get out of the dog fight come the end.

Keep the faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bigredone68

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:27 pm

Would like Flemming to start at Bradford but can't just drop a player who is doing well to fit him in.
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:33 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Would like Flemming to start at Bradford but can't just drop a player who is doing well to fit him in.

That's settled then, he can have Jevons' place :?:
morecambe mick

Postby George Dawes » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:33 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Would like Flemming to start at Bradford but can't just drop a player who is doing well to fit him in.

totally agree, am not into dropping players if there playing well they deserve to keep there place on merit
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Duffy often has a great 1st 45 and always looks dangerous which is why at least 2, if not 3 on occasions, are in his way. Many a time he beats the first 1 and even the second but then stops and looks to pass back or has to beat them all over again. This burns up energy and by the 2nd half fades away IMO. To get MOM you need to put a full shift in or maybe score a goal. On this occasion the girls from Bench simply enjoyed a cuddle with Stanners 8-)
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:57 pm

DawZi wrote:

totally agree, am not into dropping players if there playing well they deserve to keep there place on merit

In that case why on earth was Fleming dropped in the first place? He has been great everytime I've seen him, and I can't remember him picking up any injuries?

Duffy was easily my MotM last night. He is getting better and better in my opinion, although he needs some help out there. He always shows for the ball, and often gets it given to him in an impossible situation whereby he is surrounded by 2 or three players. He may from time to time lose the ball, but at least he is there providing an option, moving there players around and trying something other than stroking the ball sideways. You don't know if players are playing to specific instructions, but I think we can look awfully static at times.
RedRedWine1

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:16 pm

[quote="RedRedWine"think we can look awfully static at times.[/quote]

Maybe its a jinx building the Stadium surrounded by static caravans 8-)

When GH said he was putting statics on the park he obviously wasn't joking :lol:
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:03 pm

Wilson (until he was sent off) Stanners, Fleming and Rundle were all in the starting 11 when we got absolutely annihilated in by far our worst performance of the season, away at Oxford.

Since then, with a different line-up, we were unbeaten in three games prior to Tuesday (maybe a tad fortunate in one or two, but unbeaten nevertheless).

Not saying you can't make a case for one or two of them to regain their place now - but it's not a straightforward fact that they are all 'obvious' starters in place of those who played on Tuesday.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:26 pm

RedRedWine wrote:
DawZi wrote:

In that case why on earth was Fleming dropped in the first place? He has been great everytime I've seen him, and I can't remember him picking up any injuries?

Duffy was easily my MotM last night. He is getting better and better in my opinion, although he needs some help out there. He always shows for the ball, and often gets it given to him in an impossible situation whereby he is surrounded by 2 or three players. He may from time to time lose the ball, but at least he is there providing an option, moving there players around and trying something other than stroking the ball sideways. You don't know if players are playing to specific instructions, but I think we can look awfully static at times.

Only one person can answer that question.
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion