Morecambe 1 Bury 4 Drummond F/T

Re: Morecambe 1 Bury 4 Drummond F/T

Postby Welshrimp » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:49 am

Agree with CC and Marky#1...

need more low balls INTO (not along the line of) the area. We have a predator in Jevo, so le't play to that strength.

need an outfield leader - Stew? (Sorry, Baz, but it needs someone in the mix of things.)

need a settled back 4.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:13 am

I am worried about both our fullback positions with 3 goals coming from those areas Bury seemed to go down the flanks for fun.

As the game went on Scott seemed to be out of position a bit coming more into the centre but maybe that was just with pushing up.
Enough has been said about Capaldi but then Wilson came on and we still conceded down that side.

Personally I think we need to bring in a new right back, I know we have Parish but I think he is far better at CB and then full back and I can see him been our No1 CB and captain in the future. We need a right back that can also get forward and put a cross in which is where Parish struggles in that position.

I have no idea who to put at RB for Saturday though as Parish is going to have to play CB anyway due to injurys?

That second half was like the Morecambe of old wave of attack after attack but not been able to take our chances despite all the possesion and chances, we are still not shooting enough.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Ntini » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:21 am

I wasn't there last night, but it just seems a bit strange to me that Scott, who it has been well documented doesn't like playing at right-back, was playing at right-back!!! I would have thought it better to push Parrish to Right-back (who has a tiny bit more pace) and play Scott in the middle with Jim.

It also appears, from what I've heard recently, that playing a central midfielder on the left flank isn't working!!! Maybe Rundle did enough last night to make a start again and use some of those deadly crosses with the two men up front.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby 1953 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:41 am

Bottom line is we have no pace up front

Postby Christies Child » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:51 am

1953 wrote:Bottom line is we have no pace up front

...nobody would disagree, but that was a problem ALL last season but nothing has changed despite a close season when it should have been a priority. Maybe deals were on the table with replacements but money and location could have been a problem. One thing for sure, we'll never know!

To have only 3 strikers on the books and one of those is a loanee suggests to me that we will have to survive with what we've got. :(

Oh for a Wayne Curtis playing as an out and out strikernot stuck out on the wings! Fleetwood should be bloody thankful.....
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:25 am

As the bottom two play each other it is quite likely that we will be back in the basement at 5pm Saturday :(
Disappointing when we managed to get out of there once already. We hav'nt yet scored at Bradford, our strikers can't seem to "strike" and we are conceding at the rate of 2 per game. One saving grace is that 10000 Bradford fans will be on their manager and players case so our lads should be able to relax and play some football!

CC we do have another striker who was a star in pre season but hav'nt seen him since :( :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:26 am

Ah yes .... what has happened to Mr Hendrie ????????

:evil:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:40 am

Seasider9601 wrote:Ah yes .... what has happened to Mr Hendrie ????????

:evil:
]

Ooops forgot about him.... :oops:

Not the biggest of players but nobody knows if he could be the answer unless he's tried. However I can't see the manager even giving him a chance.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:47 am

I think at 2-1 we were well on top and it was only going to be a matter of time before we got back level. We were really dominant in the air, and just needed a second ball to drop for us (as it eventually did for the first goal). We really were unlucky. What wasn't unlucky though, was the change that Knill made in bringing on Futcher. They suddenly plugged our advantage and we didn't really react to that or change the way we were playing.

Plenty of positives from tonight apart from the scoreline, the way we played was much better than against Barnet. The negatives were some of the goals that we conceeded. I'd like to see the first goal again, clearly Scottt didn't make it hard to get a shot in, but even so I don't think Roche should be getting beaten from that distance at his near post. Not much you could have done about the second goal, superb strike. I'd like to see Mullin in more positions facing goal with the ball in the air, he always seems to have his back to goal and attempts to lay down to support players.
RedRedWine1

Postby Harry » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:48 am

RedRedWine wrote:I think at 2-1 we were well on top and it was only going to be a matter of time before we got back level. We were really dominant in the air, and just needed a second ball to drop for us (as it eventually did for the first goal). We really were unlucky. What wasn't unlucky though, was the change that Knill made in bringing on Futcher. They suddenly plugged our advantage and we didn't really react to that or change the way we were playing.

Plenty of positives from tonight apart from the scoreline, the way we played was much better than against Barnet. The negatives were some of the goals that we conceeded. I'd like to see the first goal again, clearly Scottt didn't make it hard to get a shot in, but even so I don't think Roche should be getting beaten from that distance at his near post. Not much you could have done about the second goal, superb strike. I'd like to see Mullin in more positions facing goal with the ball in the air, he always seems to have his back to goal and attempts to lay down to support players.

This.
Harry

Postby steve mfc » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:57 pm

Personally i thought we played some of our best football so far this season, unfortunately we also had what has become our usual slow start which has cost us dearly once again.
Its not just this season but also the last few that this problem has plagued us.

On a positive note we did show for a long period that we can put in a good performance but we need to do it from the start and also not loose concentration at important stages in the game, at times we just seem to switch off and end up being punished.

Duffy for me was man of the match, but i do feel we are becoming a bit to dependant on him, there has to be a alternative to just playing the ball out wide all the time.

We were unlucky not to get it back to 2-2 last night but that's what happens when you are near the bottom of the table. Finally though we were undone by pace for the last two goals, which only goes to emphasise the lack off it we have in the final third of the pitch this is something we need to address sooner than later.
steve mfc

Previous

Return to General Discussion