one of the reasons why morecambe struggle?

Re: one of the reasons why morecambe struggle?

Postby keepthefaith » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:41 am

Shoot me down here but....
I don't think Morecambe struggle.
League Two football with a very fickle fanbase
Top half finishes every season so far
4th best team in League Two last season
If that's struggling then I'm sure there's a few teams who would like to 'struggle'
;)
keepthefaith

Postby Ntini » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:46 am

outsider wrote:
Keith wrote:
Matty the Shrimp wrote:You have it easy then :lol: wait till you have a job, lose that job and have to find another job. The stress! :(

I've corrected your quote!

I've corrected your quote! ;)

I've corrected your quote!!! :lol:
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Posh » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:43 pm

keepthefaith wrote:Shoot me down here but....
I don't think Morecambe struggle.
League Two football with a very fickle fanbase
Top half finishes every season so far
4th best team in League Two last season
If that's struggling then I'm sure there's a few teams who would like to 'struggle'
;)

That's entirely fair and I think the thread title is inaccurate and misleading.

The general point though within the thread itself I think is fair. The general point is that in the Conference, where albeit they don't have to be up to the same standard, Morecambe FC brought through a large number of players* from the junior ranks who played in the first team. Admittedly many didn't make the grade long-term but quite a few did and went on to greater success.

However in the period since Sammy's been in charge we've only brought through a couple of players acquired from lower league sides - Carl Baker, Mark Duffy and Andy Fleming - and none from our youth setup. Yet through Lancaster & Morecambe College we've got a much admired academy and also a number of youngsters from North Lancashire and South Lakes who are at other clubs in the Football League. The nursery does seem to have closed.

The answers will inevitably come back that the quality of players is not up to scratch or that its not cost effective. Yet the Football League have begun to determine rules on youth development. Obvious teams like Crewe develop talent but so do many others like Bury, Lincoln and so on. And bringing through your own players enables you to put in place a local stamp, a clear way of working and can be cost-effective.

Some clubs develop and some people buy in the established ones. Yet to me it seems that the most indebted clubs are those bought players in.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Posh wrote:...I think the thread title is inaccurate and misleading.

The general point though within the thread itself I think is fair...

...and that is that school is not as stressful as it is when you have a job, lose that job and have to find another job. Do pay attention Posh!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion