Re: Globe experience

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:57 am

It will be more than a quarter Keith :o

I suspect the MBW Stand will look a good prospect on these occasions :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:20 am

I agree.First thing that crossed my mind,particularly at the Gillingham match when it was a tad breezy, the main stand is far more open than the Christie main stand was,and I think I will need my waterproof trousers etc. in the rain and wind when it sweeps across the pitch and hits us full in the face.That WILL BE an interesting match day experience!! :lol:
Best thing for me so far is better leg room than Christie and better view of the action but apart from that, nothing more positive. I don't entertain any half time food anymore as there's too much of a queue,the catering staff aren't up to it at the moment i.e. so slow at giving change and the food is expensive: only a fool would pay £2.80 for a small hot dog!
I agree with the opinions that it is a good question: overall,is it better than Christie taking everything into account?
Do you recognise anyone around you when you're watching the match like you used to??
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:08 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:Do you recognise anyone around you when you're watching the match like you used to??

Yeah, far too many!! :lol: :lol:
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:47 am

Keith wrote:
BHmfc wrote:Iv'e got relatives arriving in the next few weeks and they want to take in a game at the Globe and there is no way i will take them onto the MBW Stand, it will be seats only, afterall, i want them to leave, and hopefully return, with a good impression, something they will not get if i take them onto the home terracing. I'm not being negative, just honest.

My worry is that once we hit the bad weather, there will be complaints from the front quarter of the PMG stand too. A windy, rainy day and a large section of the main stand may well be getting wet.

The approach to the ground is fantastic and every time I see it I feel amazing pride and think its amazing how far we've come but I am concerned that so many people's match experience hasn't improved when we had a blank canvas to begin with.

You can't stop it from raining it's just something that people will have to put up with it happens at all grounds not just morecambe. You could play it safe and but a ticket higher up in the stand, it's a much better view from near the top anyway.
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:03 am

How short sighted of the Board not to build the stadium with a retractable roof.....to cover those games when it rains :roll: :roll: :roll:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:37 am

Christies Child wrote:How short sighted of the Board not to build the stadium with a retractable roof.....to cover those games when it rains :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:07 am

Christies Child wrote:How short sighted of the Board not to build the stadium with a retractable roof.....to cover those games when it rains :roll: :roll: :roll:

No way are they short sighted!!!

Most of us need binoculars to see the pitch from the terrace outside the boxes :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Oy, sarcastic replies are what I do, not have done to me!

So what is the point of a roof if not to keep customers dry? There's a roof on the MBW where people can't see the ball when it is in the air and roof on the PMG that won't keep people dry?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:42 am

I just love The Globe and all my experiences with it so far. I love the fact it is now within walking distance of my home, and I love BEING able to walk there in and amongst other fans. It gives it that proper matchday feel. I love the fact that the ground has a proper football ground entrance to it, something Christie never had due to it's layout. Like Shrimper mentioned, I love that walk up Christie Way on a matchday towards the ground. It feels like a proper Football League ground now whereas Christie had that Non League feel due to it's lack of proper entrance like The Globe has.

One or two points I'd like to make (bearing in my mind the above and how much I love the ground !!) Feel free to shoot me down !!

1) Christie Way. It needs signage ! Am sure this will be addressed in due course but will then OFFICIALLY retain our Christie link and respect for JB.

2) Glad the Club Shop now has got signage up that is clear for all to see. I think though (in my opinion), the wordage Club Shop is a bit dated perhaps? Maybe Shrimps Store or something like might have been more eye catching or have "a bit of a ring to it" ? Also, did anybody actually know that we now have an ebay shop??? Has this not been promoted anywhere then to catch fans? Not sure I have seen it advertised/promoted anywhere.
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/morecambefootballclub/

3) I hope we don't make a habit of closing the away end off to smaller numbers of away fans. We never ever did at Christie Park, and whilst I can understand the reasons for it from a financial point of view perhaps, seeing The Bay stand empty on Saturday didn't feel or look right to me

4) I keep harping on about this, but please, let's have a "Next Match at The Globe" sign putting up outside !!!!!

5) Another issue aside from the above perhaps, but as a season ticket holder in the MBW Stand, I've still not received a letter from the club promoting The Globe's facilities which "were sent out to all season ticket holders" some weeks ago? Company Christmas "do's" etc are currently being thought of, planned and arranged !!!!!

I think they are valid points, and I shall await a good sl@gging off !
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:05 pm

And the Half Time Draw. Ah yes.

Won AGAIN on Saturday by someone in the Sponsor's Boxes........ ???!!!!!! How lucky are they every time ??!!!

And Ken, when addressing the crowd at half time with your speel, please remember you are also addressing paying fans in the MBW Stand also and, if you look behind you, you will see there are fans in the North Terrace too !! At least please turn around and speak to the whole ground, and not just your chums in the hospitality areas.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Gnasher » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:32 pm

How lucky are they every time ??!!!
People in the sponsors boxes are likely to be on a freebie, free entry, free food, free drink. More likely to spend at least a fiver on tickets because it's the most they'll spend all day.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Gnasher wrote:How lucky are they every time ??!!!
People in the sponsors boxes are likely to be on a freebie, free entry, free food, free drink. More likely to spend at least a fiver on tickets because it's the most they'll spend all day.

Catch the freebie people at 1 o'clock ~ no chance. 2.30 and the ticket sellers are laughing their way down the corridor! Well no doubt the sponsors order books are full after the game
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion