O/T Pest control

O/T Pest control

Postby Christies Child » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:24 pm

No CC's not the one needing the control ( :?: ) but my mother is!

Her house has been the new home to a swarm of wasps who have taken up residence in her roof. I need the services of a Pest Control expert who can get rid of the little sods.

Looked through Yellow Pages and nearest is a guy in Warton.

Anybody know of someone who lives in Morecambe who could do the job?

Cheers
CC
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: O/T Pest control

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:31 pm

just wear a boiler suit and put a motor bike crash helmet on, then get a few tins of insect killer that should do the job ;) :lol:
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:39 pm

football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:04 pm

Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Vinny » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:32 pm

The simplest, easiest, cheapest solution is - put a sizable mirror up next to the nest and they frighten themselves away!! Really!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Curly » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:03 pm

£33!

Do it Yourself for less than a tenner.
Wrap yourself in bin bags, go into the loft, liberally pour petrol around, leave the loft,
throw a lit match up there before closing the hatch, jobs a good 'en, no more wasps.
A further safety precaution would be to get your family out into the garden and check
your household and buildings insurance policies are up to date. ;)
Best of british. ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:35 pm

Ignore them, they'll be gone soon and they perform an excellent function in the garden. They don't return to the same nest.

I got stung this year for the first time ever. I had tonsillitis at the time and a temperature of 39.8 'c so I had vaguely flapped an arm at the 'thing' that was walking on my face. If I'd been well, I'd have ignored it and it would have gone away. Stung on the lip and have tonsillitis at the same time wasn't fair! I did have just enough working brain cells to think 'what if I'm allergic and go in to anaphylaxis shock? How will I know my throat is swelling up when it is already swollen up?' So I decided to just go back to sleep on the basis that if I woke up I wasn't allergic...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Curly » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:50 pm

Keith wrote:Ignore them, they'll be gone soon and they perform an excellent function in the garden. They don't return to the same nest.

I got stung this year for the first time ever. I had tonsillitis at the time and a temperature of 39.8 'c so I had vaguely flapped an arm at the 'thing' that was walking on my face. If I'd been well, I'd have ignored it and it would have gone away. Stung on the lip and have tonsillitis at the same time wasn't fair! I did have just enough working brain cells to think 'what if I'm allergic and go in to anaphylaxis shock? How will I know my throat is swelling up when it is already swollen up?' So I decided to just go back to sleep on the basis that if I woke up I wasn't allergic...

Next time before you go to sleep, stick an epipen up your arse, then sleep tight.

"they perform an excellent function in the garden"

Thats true, some of them set up a marquee in ours and sold elderflower champagne ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Return to General Discussion