Anyone going to the Globe Arena bar tonight?

Re: Anyone going to the Globe Arena bar tonight?

Postby shrimper » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:31 pm

Actually - all a bit up in the air now. Steve the barman told me last night they couldn't dual screen as they only have one Sky licence so they'd have to choose one or the other to show.

If he takes it that we 'got in' first, fair enough but if there's likely to be more ManU/Rangers in there we'll go elsewhere.

S'pose the danger is that we'll decide to do that, then no-one else turns up!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Sky have you by the bollocks, even have the power to decide kick off days and times. Pubs/bars find it difficult enough without this little quirk! $500 a month :x
Don't know how much the Club will have to pay as they go.by rateable value.

Still hav'nt got over no S.S.N on freeview :(
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby steve mfc » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:46 pm

shrimper wrote:Actually - all a bit up in the air now. Steve the barman told me last night they couldn't dual screen as they only have one Sky licence so they'd have to choose one or the other to show.

If he takes it that we 'got in' first, fair enough but if there's likely to be more ManU/Rangers in there we'll go elsewhere.

S'pose the danger is that we'll decide to do that, then no-one else turns up!

If that's the case then it would probably be better if they decided before hand which game they were going to show and put a board outside or even post on here, at least that way it gives people time to make other arrangements. Shame they cant show both it would have made for a good evening.
steve mfc

Postby shrimper » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:48 pm

I think that's what Steve will do once he's had a word with the powers that be.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Sammy h » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Are both games on sky? One of them not on itv?
Sammy h

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:22 pm

marky No.1 wrote:After the trouble in the City centre last time, the 3500 Rangers fans travelling are being dropped at the DW Stadium first where they will be taken to Old Trafford by bus and not receive their match tickets till then! Can't see how this will stop other fans travelling tho :?

They have told all Rangers fans not to travel unless they have a ticket for the game so no problem there bet any fan would not dream of going without a ticket :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby MfcChris » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:56 pm

Sammy h wrote:Are both games on sky? One of them not on itv?

ITV got Arsenal.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Opinionated » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:19 pm

MfcChris wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Are both games on sky? One of them not on itv?

ITV got Arsenal.

The following day. Which means the Globe will also be able to show Chelsea's match. On matchday 2 ITV will show United with both Rangers and Tottenham on SKY. Should make for an interesting choice at the Globe. Who has more fans in this area Spurs or Rangers?
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby shrimper » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:48 pm

The real question is 'who has most fans who will definitely go to the Globe Arena bar on that night?'.
shrimper

Postby Opinionated » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:56 pm

shrimper wrote:The real question is 'who has most fans who will definitely go to the Globe Arena bar on that night?'.

True, but either question can't be answered accurately. I don't think word has got around yet about the Globe bar. I have watched games involving Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool in there and on those occasions there haven't been many in. I think most people will be reluctant to leave their 'local'.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby shrimper » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Precisely. I want to go and watch all Spurs games there now and last time we were in there were four of us and just two other people in all night.

This time I've been putting the word about (before I knew about the clash) and there would probably have been a few more of us (not a crowd, but at least some custom).

If there's a suggestion that it may not be shown, we'll happily go to one of the pubs that has multi-screen. But it would be a shame if we do that and then no-one turns up to watch the ManU game.

Best, as has been said, if they let us all know which game will be on, which I'm sure they will.
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:46 am

Who will drink the most?? Put your bids in fellas :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:16 am

Would the best thing not be put poster up around the bar when Morecambe are playing at home adversisting what games are going to be shown over the next week and any drink promotions that are going on.
Will Burnley V PNE be on in the bar after the match today thing of doing Everton V Man utd, Morecambe V Chesterfield then back into the bar for full time results then Burnley V PNE.
heysham_mfc

Postby outsider » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:36 pm

As Regent seem to be doing the footy for away fans, can't they show one and the Globe the other? A bit of co-operation and understanding is all thats needed................ Simples
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Previous

Return to General Discussion