Michael Carr returns to Northwich on a months-loan

Michael Carr returns to Northwich on a months-loan

Postby John L » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:19 am

See official site.
John L

Re: Michael Carr returns to Northwich on a months-loan

Postby Weetabix Kid » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:39 am

A quick decision that he wasn't good enough ?
Weetabix Kid

Postby JJ14ALL » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:25 am

Dose this mean we will have a new midfielder in now we have got 1 out off the door?
JJ14ALL

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:41 am

With Stanley staying it prob means we had to loose another midfielder now so it just balances it out.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:43 am

JJ14ALL wrote:Dose this mean we will have a new midfielder in now we have got 1 out off the door?

No

it means Craig Stanley will resume his rightful place in centre midfield.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby The Fury » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:06 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
JJ14ALL wrote:Dose this mean we will have a new midfielder in now we have got 1 out off the door?

I bloody hope not. We've finally found a combination that works in Drummond and Hunter (two contrasting types of players: one who can win tackles and do the dirty work coupled with one who is capable of playing defence splitting passes, making surging runs and can score goals). Why jeopordise that for a player with an attitude problem who can't tackle, head, shoot or play a forward pass?
The Fury

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:34 am

The Fury wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

I bloody hope not. We've finally found a combination that works in Drummond and Hunter (two contrasting types of players: one who can win tackles and do the dirty work coupled with one who is capable of playing defence splitting passes, making surging runs and can score goals). Why jeopordise that for a player with an attitude problem who can't tackle, head, shoot or play a forward pass?

I think you will find which of the options is most likely. Its just a case of who plays in centre midfield with Stanners.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby cultured » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:16 pm

The problem that Morecambe have is the fact that none of them with the exception of Drummond, when he decides to turn up, are actually good enough to put Morecambe in the top half of League 2. I assume Sammy has been trying, but you have to realise that we are now paying mid range wages in League 2, as opposed to top whack in the conference, hence why we are struggling to attract the players that we need, as there are a lot more clubs at a similar level nearer to major conurbations that can use clubs like ourselves as stepping stones.

Fuel costs for the commute nowadays has to a factor as well.

You can argue until the cows come home about who should play with who, but it seems hard to look 2 from 3 from Drummond, Stanley and Hunter. I'd drop Hunter due to the fact he drops us in the mire more often than he produces a defence splitting ball. When the loan market opens in October, hopefully we'll get a quality player in and the 3 mentioned will have to compete to play alongside him.

To be honest, our best bet is to work out who best works in the midfield working off Rene Howe and taking it from there. It maybe prudent to try young O'Carroll in an advanced role in a midfield diamond perhaps?
cultured

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:54 pm

I'm totally baffled by this decision, it's Carrs first go at league football and after 4 (yes mediocre, but not awful) games, he's been shipped out. I can't think this will have done anything for the lads confidence and he will surely be thinking he's not good enough now. I definately think he should have been given more time to prove himself. The timescale you get to do your job in football really has become ridiculous. I fear he will leave come the end of his contract, sign for somebody else and be come good for them.
Bare Ben

Postby mazatec » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Has Sammy realised that he Carr,plus Parrish, and McCann are just not good enough .Get them out quickly, I would like to know who recommend these three( in my opinion not up to standard players) who cannot perform at league standard
mazatec

Postby Sammy h » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:10 pm

mazatec wrote:Has Sammy realised that he Carr,plus Parrish, and McCann are just not good enough .Get them out quickly, I would like to know who recommend these three( in my opinion not up to standard players) who cannot perform at league standard

How do you know that? They have played 5 competitive games, i would like to know how many of those games you have been too to make judgement? I have been to 3 as the other 2 i was on holiday, and i can barely remember what they look like never mind how they play, if you were in a job and had only been there for what? Around 6 hours? And started getting slagged for it how would you feel?

Reality check needed!
Sammy h

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:12 pm

quite shocked by this move he has only had 4 games to prove what he can do I wonder if he will now go back to Northwich
heysham_mfc

Postby marky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:57 pm

Given he's played pretty badly in all the games he's played this season, I don't think it's too great a surprise. Look at it this way. It's unlikely he would've been picked for the first team any time soon and maybe Sammy felt he would be better served regaining confidence in a first team setting. It's only a month's loan!

For me, the more interesting move is cancelling Taylor's loan. Does this mean he'll be thrid choice striker?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Shrimpster » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:58 pm

marky wrote:Given he's played pretty badly in all the games he's played this season, I don't think it's too great a surprise. Look at it this way. It's unlikely he would've been picked for the first team any time soon and maybe Sammy felt he would be better served regaining confidence in a first team setting. It's only a month's loan!

For me, the more interesting move is cancelling Taylor's loan. Does this mean he'll be thrid choice striker?

well if he's played pretty badly in all the games he's played, why hasnt he dropped him?
and brought some one else in?
Shrimpster

Postby marky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Carr has effectively been dropped. He's play 4 games, and suddenly sent on loan to a team in a lower league. That's effectively dropping him :P

Just checked, and he's gone strainght into the Northwich side tonight, playing in a 3 man midfield.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Return to General Discussion