grass roots!?

grass roots!?

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:44 pm

i dont know how to start but here goes :|

i am morecambe born & bread(Queen Vic) lived here most my life around the west end of morecambe and belive it or not it use to be a smart place and i do have very good memory's of my childhood in morecambe and feel privileged because you had absolutely loads to do! a decent fairground, amusement arcades, cinemas etc etc etc

today i had a walk along the promenade being a beautiful day i looking across the bay and then had a bottle of larger at the midland hotel(what a good job) and carried on and then had a couple at the palatine & the Pier thought to myself this is like it use to be :D

i then thought id go and see my mother who still lives in a ex six bed-roomed boarding house were i grow up in the west-end and thought id have a few beers before at the park hotel(a lot cheaper than town) having not been there in years and full of easy women(better watch what am saying) and then i decided to walk around to my mothers and on route reminiscing of my childhood when we use to struggle finding somewhere to play a game of football without constantly getting told to clear off! or will call the police! by residents

so then we just use to play and climb over the railings at west end school and then in no time have the police onto us saying go on clear off!

so then we'd just go to heysham high school front field and then yet again! get told to clear off!

so then we'd go to king georges where it was full of dog shit!

so back on topic when i was walking to my mothers from the park hotel with these memory's past alexandra road i saw a load of youths in a playing park(west end regeneration) and to my horror was shocked to see a good more than 14 youths playing basketball! on a purpose built court?

now is this not the reason why we the English play shit football :!: :?:
George Dawes

Re: grass roots!?

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:31 pm

Totally agree dawsy

Our basketball teams are going to be great once things like this mature

A bit like when jamaica won the bobsliegh olympics :lol: :lol:

How many beers :lol:

did you find your mums house :lol:

It could have ben a compulsory purchase to make way for the basket ball court in the west end, or just a court :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Return to General Discussion