My view of the Burton game

My view of the Burton game

Postby Sammy h » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:45 pm

We didn't play that badly today. I think we need either Jimbo or Haining to come back into the centre of the defence as we look shaky. There seems to be no leadership there anymore. It's all good Barry letting them know what to do, but they need to take it upon themselves to talk to eachother.

I'm afraid it was another case of 'too little too late' regarding the substitutions. I thought Duffy should have been brought on alot sooner. One good thing is he changed it to 4-4-2 at the end instead of sticking to 4-5-1.

I think it's time for a change in personell upfront aswell. Jevons is lacking confidence infront of goal. Fleming was everywhere and Roche pulled off a few fantastic saves. The referee was an absolute joke, didn't let the game flow at all and let their players off on far too many occasions.

I also believe we should get Shuker on the deadball instead of Stanners. He put a few decent crosses in today, but nobody was on the end of them.

All in all we played some brilliant football, but a few defensive errors and lapses in concentration let us down.
Last edited by Sammy h on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy h

Re: My view

Postby George Dawes » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:24 pm

very good feedback cheers!

i can see SM making changes for the Burnley game after today
George Dawes

Postby Sammy h » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:46 pm

Agree. As above i think he will change it at the back and possibly change Jevo.
Sammy h

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:03 pm

We're playing some decent football when on the floor, but Jevons just struggles up top. I dont see why we cant go back to the formation that we used last season, Jevo & Mullin upfront together. (18 & 12 goals each ?)

I also agree with the defence, but it's hard to say who to drop. Parrish has done well, and so has McCready, but I'd love to see Jimbo back in the team (threat in the air aswell)
Crooky MFC

Postby George Dawes » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:10 pm

the thing is am all for playing a 4 5 1 away from home but not with Jevons in that role

but then when we are at home we should be playing 4 4 2 with two strikers going for all 3 points
George Dawes

Postby halfwayprawn » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:13 pm

5pts lost in the last two games, all due to bad timing of the substitutes. What is the point of having them if you are not going to use them.The game today should have been won not lost from a winning position. We have got a very good squad of players this season,so use them properly :x :x :x .
halfwayprawn

Return to General Discussion