Unbelievable Thickness

Unbelievable Thickness

Postby Pobble » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:43 pm

I have never posted before but could not carry on reading SV without stating that some of the people posting must have benn washed up with the tide or on holiday from one of the local nursery schools.
Why hassle guys who do a great job running this site and then give them hassle and abuse when they say enough is enough.
I know the club needs to join the big boy world when it comes to organisation, and some form of business administration brain is needed to guide the club away from small business thinking. BUT the friendliness of the club and the people running it must not be driven away by the nutcases who post illiterate rubbish.
Yes, we all have our views of how things should be run, and who should be picked to play, and we have got to be allowed to shout about it on a Saturday even if the Board or Team Management don`t like it, but it should not be obscene. This also applies to the Team Management when they sometimes retaliate to the abuse.
Great club, great supporters (mainly), great football (sometimes), and great entertainment. and I love it.
Pobble

Re: Unbelievable Thickness

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Pobble wrote:I have never posted before but could not carry on reading SV without stating that some of the people posting must have been washed up with the tide...

That's what happens when your catchment area covers a 12 mile radius of the town, but 50% of it's in Morecambe Bay ;)
Plain Peter

Re: Unbelievable Thickness

Postby scar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Nice to see new faces joining SV.

Your quite right in that good health debate on all fronts is allowed, from the years gone by this has always been the case. There has been a good number of posts for and against certain decisions, differing viewpoints on issues and this has always flowed nicely.

But, the recent threads knocking the club and more importantly to me, the directors, are very difficult to take with a pinch of salt and class as open discussion. However, the deeper people entrench themselves in a negative opinion, the deeper others (most probably myself included) entrench themselves in a positive opinion, and the banter gets lost in amongst the to and fro'ing.

I can't begin to envisage the impact on the admin and mods of the site of having to read all of the posts without letting the large negative feeling effect them somehow, I seletively read (most probably what others do as well) threads and post now and then (hence the relatively low post count compared to say CC ;) )
scar

Return to General Discussion