Dagenham match review..

Dagenham match review..

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:06 am

http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/morecambe-sport/Shrimps-v-Daggers--what.4445280.jp

plus views on the team selection and the need to secure 'Howe'.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: Dagenham match review..

Postby marky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:31 pm

You really are glass half full ;) All I would say is you said the defence was looking solid, yet it was a defender who gave away a silly free kick and four defenders were looking at each other resulting in a goal? To me, that suggests they're not solid ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:39 pm

Accepted, point taken. I think I was meaning that the defenders did reasonably well in open play and coped with their attacks (and attackers) pretty well. Both their goals were scored by midfielders and I felt our central midfield was the weak point in both our last two games.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:07 pm

marky wrote:You really are glass half full ;) All I would say is you said the defence was looking solid, yet it was a defender who gave away a silly free kick and four defenders were looking at each other resulting in a goal? To me, that suggests they're not solid ;)

its preferable to Robert AKA Negative Ned whose glass is always empty !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:27 pm

I must say this, though. It's the first time I've heard Glen half-criticise team selection, even if it was through a 'nice' guise. Negative Ned is an extreme case and others are too extreme in the other direction. Personally I'm in the middle with a touch of pessimism ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:16 pm

I have to disagree with you about Dagenham Glenn. (no this is not Negative Ned!)

I thought they were a very ordinary one dimensional team. The ball was in the air so much I got a crick in my neck !

If we had put out what IMHO is our strongest X1 , I think we would have won comfortably.

They were fortunate to start with Chester at home which gave them a momentum boost.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion