What Next?

Re: What Next?

Postby Harry » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:10 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:I would rather people heard the home terrace chanting for 90 minutes than them being drowned out by the vuvuzela.

As would I but unfortunately that rarely happens
Harry

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:35 pm

vuvuzelas it is then :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Moose » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:06 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:If one or two dozen people turned up with them, as would be likely, whers the harm, do you think this debate was ever held at christie park 100 years ago regarding rattles :lol:

Funny you should say that, it was at one of the last few games at Christie that I saw the Father of a young lad trying to snatch a rattle of his lad after it became just 'a little' too much.

As for the Vuvuzela, having just voted in favour to the ban, my problem is one of annoyance. Like has been mentioned, it is not as if everyone will turn up with one, just a few. Great point which I think adds to the arguement for a ban. If there is the odd one scattered here and there then the people stood near to the 'here and there' one no doubt will get pretty fed up over the course of 90 mins probably ending up with a quiet (polite) 'if you don't refrain or remove yourself from my ear hole then.....'
The Vuvus - Vuvuzela plural for short ;-)... I think only add to an 'atmosphere' if every Tom, Dick and Harry has one, not just a few scattered here and there. I am not a Tom... alright might be a bit of a dick at times... but am no Harry either, so would prefer to hear the chants and songs from the crowd.
The drum was 'kind of' brought into the discussion before... well, the drum is the drum, it adds to the rhythm of the songs and chants, it is not a constant din of a certain note. Unless it would be possible to confine anyone with a Vuvu... to a certain indoors 'Vuvu section'* of the ground then I can but only agree with the ban.
* similar to a caesarean section, which might be needed if one was to be 'played' near myself....
Moose

Previous

Return to General Discussion