Forlan at Christie Park

Forlan at Christie Park

Postby red snapper » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:00 pm

Who can remember seeing Diego Forlan playing at Christie Park? Sure he played in a Blackburn v United reserve game a few years ago. Just missed out on the Golden Boot when his free kick hit the bar tonight.
red snapper

Re: Foreskins at Haig Avenue

Postby Curly » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:39 pm

Can't remember to be honest. ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Re: Forlan at Christie Park

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:46 pm

think he scored four goals in that game.. then not long after was sold
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby CASS » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:15 am

I was at that game due to my lass having a soft spot for B.R.F.C. (Bless Her)
Any way we stood on the Car Wash as the North stand was full of United fans from Carlisle,Workington and Ravenstonedale.
Forlan did indeed get four goals,but the pick of the goals came from Kieran Richardson who hit a belter from just over the halfway line.
Another memory from that game involves Jeff Kenna who was at full back and Quinten Fortune who was playing wide mid field .. During the first 20 mins or so Kenna had nearly put fortune over in to the Carwash a couple of times with some full blooded tackles.Fortune was not a happy man at all and for the second half moved inside. I bet the jolly Scott wishes Forlan was back at O.T rather than having to put up with the Bulgarian for another Season.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:27 am

CASS wrote:I was at that game due to my lass having a soft spot for B.R.F.C. (Bless Her)
Any way we stood on the Car Wash as the North stand was full of United fans from Carlisle,Workington and Ravenstonedale.
Forlan did indeed get four goals,but the pick of the goals came from Kieran Richardson who hit a belter from just over the halfway line.
Another memory from that game involves Jeff Kenna who was at full back and Quinten Fortune who was playing wide mid field .. During the first 20 mins or so Kenna had nearly put fortune over in to the Carwash a couple of times with some full blooded tackles.Fortune was not a happy man at all and for the second half moved inside. I bet the jolly Scott wishes Forlan was back at O.T rather than having to put up with the Bulgarian for another Season.

They came in a fleet of coaches didn't they?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Opinionated » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:57 am

I wasn't there but I believe it was a sell out. Shame the people of Morecambe will turn up to watch United reserves but not their home town club :cry:
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby DTSJim » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:24 am

I was working on the turnstiles that day, I don't reckon it was a sellout but it was busy.

Is that the last world cup finalist Christie Park ever saw?
DTSJim

Postby CASS » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Christies Child wrote:
CASS wrote:I was at that game due to my lass having a soft spot for B.R.F.C. (Bless Her)

They came in a fleet of coaches didn't they?

http://www.cumbriaclassiccoaches.co.uk/
Once had a trip out on one for a friends birthday Sedbergh,MoorCock and Hawes Great day out. Hic...
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Return to General Discussion