Latest From Sammy - Listen Here

Latest From Sammy - Listen Here

Postby The Bay » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:18 am

Hi all,

Click below to hear the latest from the boss ahead of the start of full pre season training....

http://www.thebay.co.uk/goto.php?sess=+ ... 8&id=19148
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Latest From Sammy - Listen Here

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:28 am

Welcome back Sammy. Great informative interview :D

We've missed out on a centre back.
Need at least 4 more players ~ goalkeeper, strengthen defence and cover for Mullers and Jevo
Stadium looks great.

Who was letting off steam in the closing seconds? Or was it just the kettle boiling? :lol:

Looks like my mole was taking bollox :?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby John L » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:49 am

So we've kept Mullin then? Wasn't he only on a one-year deal last season?
John L

Postby darrenlock » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:57 am

Nah Mullin signed a two year contract.

Thinking on these signings If players want to play for pride not care about cash no offence to Morecambe budget .

But alot of players are availible on free transfer's and I am sure some players will be on trials etc
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:04 am

[quote="marky No.1"]Welcome back Sammy. Great informative interview :D

We've missed out on a centre back.
Need at least 4 more players ~ goalkeeper, strengthen defence and cover for Mullers and Jevo
Stadium looks great.

Who was letting off steam in the closing seconds? Or was it just the kettle boiling? :lol:

Looks like my mole was taking bollox :?[/quote]

Far be it for me to disagree :lol: ...BUT Sammy wasn't going to name those he's after. He could well be in for Bishop for all we know, but the lack of rumour at their end suggests otherwise.

Certainly sounded 'cagey' as if their could be developments in the near future.

At least he acknowledged that we had problems in defence last season. Wonder who the centre hald was? Ryan Cresswell?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby John L » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:10 am

darrenlock wrote:Nah Mullin signed a two year contract.

Evidently he didn't....
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/4573226.Accrington_Stanley_sell_Mullin_to_Morecambe/
Mullin has now signed a one-year deal at Christie Park with an option for a further season.

Ah-ha, so the "option" must've been taken up, then...???
John L

Postby The Bay » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:13 pm

The 'steam' at the end was a coach reversing and then stopping!

Mullers had a clause in his contract activated - and sounds like it's him and PJ as the first choice front two.

Of course, he was never going to name (on or off the record), any players he's after. From what I could see, there were 3 players in who I didn't recognise.
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Postby mfcbro » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:50 pm

I was up at the uni this morning when they were training,i think the 3 were the young academy lads.I liked the new training kit(if it was the new one).
mfcbro

Postby Posh » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:24 pm

John L wrote:
darrenlock wrote:Nah Mullin signed a two year contract.

Evidently he didn't....
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/4573226.Accrington_Stanley_sell_Mullin_to_Morecambe/
Mullin has now signed a one-year deal at Christie Park with an option for a further season.

Ah-ha, so the "option" must've been taken up, then...???

As I understand it Paul (Paulo Mullinzo) joined us on a one-year season long loan from Accy last season. We didn't want to pay a fee for him but Accy needed to get him off their books because he was their highest paid player. I believe that Accy paid a proportion of his salary.

As part of the agreement Paul would be be offered a one-year contract for season 2010/11(following his formal release by Accy) if he played a certain amount of games during 2009/10 season, which he did and I think he's earned. Morecambe honoured that agreement and he's got a new one year contract on agreed terms.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:30 pm

It concerns me that Mullin is considered first choice. If all we were going to do was get someone in as backup then we may as well have kept Curtis :?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:35 pm

Wasn't there some talk of a Viking coming to raid and plunder the opposition defences.. :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:38 pm

marky wrote:It concerns me that Mullin is considered first choice. If all we were going to do was get someone in as backup then we may as well have kept Curtis :?

thats how it come across to me in that interview :o

id like to think we will be getting somebody who will be fighting both Mullin & Jevons to start upfront and not just to sit on the bench
George Dawes

Postby bigreddog » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:47 pm

according to the pfa's transfer list there are loads of players available. one of which is Adebayo Akinfenwa, and he's only 28. he might look like he's carrying a bit of timber, but he gave our back four a torrid time last term. lots of free transfer gems out there if we can afford them. don't know about "the viking" at this stage???:-)
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby darrenlock » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Sorry yeah I am backing Wayne Curtis a new contract with Morecambe but did not happen.

I have to agree that Mullin is first choice no body talks about Phil Jevons I looked at a video of him on youtube and fans were not on his side , I have to admit wil he be the player he was last season you never know.
Considering we are 4 weeks away from new season with only 2 striker it is bad and also we do have a young striker in reserve team
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Like a few others I get concerned when there's no news about confirmed signings. But Sammy is right when he says that we shouldn't sign players unless they are right for the club and the squad.

I think the word 'patience' applies.....not something I have in abundance! ;)
Christies Child

Postby bigreddog » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:26 pm

Christies Child wrote:Like a few others I get concerned when there's no news about confirmed signings. But Sammy is right when he says that we shouldn't sign players unless they are right for the club and the squad.

I think the word 'patience' applies.....not something I have in abundance! ;)

I may have to have a lie down in a dark room.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Think we need a least another 5 new player and thats if no-one else leaves.
Where was that interview done sounds like even Sammy is going his bit to make sure the ground is ready on time!
heysham_mfc

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:38 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Think we need a least another 5 new player and thats if no-one else leaves.
Where was that interview done sounds like even Sammy is going his bit to make sure the ground is ready on time!

i dont think anybody else will leave now, unless some L1 Championship club comes in with a cash offer we cant refuse for L Wilson
George Dawes

Return to General Discussion