Andrew Bond gone to . . .

Andrew Bond gone to . . .

Postby forces shrimp » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:18 am

Andrew Bond of barrow who raised alot of interest from alot of football league sides has signed for colchester united. It was rumoured that we were having a little look at him. Don't think we have missed out on to much to be fair. www.cu-fc.com
forces shrimp

Re: Andrew Bond gone to . . .

Postby Posh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:53 pm

forces shrimp wrote:Don't think we have missed out on to much to be fair.

Aye makes you wonder why Colchester United, Leicester City, PNE, Plymouth Argyle and Carlisle United were all a bidding war for him. Obviously not good enough for us. :roll:
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby forces shrimp » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:18 pm

I ment in the respect that most of are midfield is sorted and bringing him in would only of ment that some one would be left out week in week out and the wage bill would be higher.
forces shrimp

Postby Posh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:28 pm

forces shrimp wrote:I ment in the respect that most of are midfield is sorted and bringing him in would only of ment that some one would be left out week in week out and the wage bill would be higher.

We've lost Craney, Panther and McLachlan from last year's wage bill so there was plenty scope to get someone in. Also Drummy looked tired towards the end of the season and he's clearly got doubts over Stanners and Harry Gunter or Sammy wouldn't keep sidelining them. Bond would have been perfect in my book. And after a £600 a week wage at Barrow would have easily been affordable if we'd been in a position to go for him earlier.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Return to General Discussion