Sammy's targets

Sammy's targets

Postby Christies Child » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:25 pm

We've all read and heard that Sammy is busting a gut to bring in further experince to supplement what is an already fairly experienced set of players.

But as supporters what type of player(s) would we like to see?

I've been more than impressed with Neil Wainwright on the right hand side and in particular his willingness to track back and defend as necessary. Ideally I'd like to see somebody doing exactly the same on the left hand side. A speedy winger who can take his man on and more times than not beat him excites the crowd and when you consider that Thommo was the leading player for 'assists' in Division 2 last season, it cries out for someone of a similar style.

With a playmaker capable of spraying the ball out to the wingers (Drummy?) and a destroyer just in front of the back 4 (possibly McCann on the evidence of last week looks more than capable?) then a front pairing out of O'Carroll, Howe and Blinks would be able to capitalise on the increased number of chances created.

I can but dream!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Sammy's targets

Postby marky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:02 pm

I would add a left back to that list, particularly if Michael Howard doesn't come back in to the side soon.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby bigreddog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:04 pm

Agree totally. And you know how much that infuriates me. Sammy will obviously see things from a pattern of play point of view that he wants to strengthen, but for me left side midfield is by far the priority. Then we wont have to ask Wainwright to play on both wings at the same time. He's good, but not that good.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby marky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:09 pm

For me, every side needs a player who can come up with a moment a brilliance, especially when you're not playing well (as it can act as a get out of jail free card). It seems to me that, at present, we don't have any player capable of that. However, given the deadline is fast approaching, it seems highly unlikely we'll get anybody now.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby bigreddog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:13 pm

You're absolutely right Marky. I suspect any player of that calibre has already been snapped up. Would probably have to pay fairly significant money too. About £175,000 I reckon.

Hold on a minute didn't we used to have somebody like that. Oh well.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Return to General Discussion