Morecambe FC And the Argie game

Morecambe FC And the Argie game

Postby darrenlock » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Hello come on next season got the Visitor and got my double page of the fixtures?

I am guessing Morecambe to come second with a average attendance of 3333 good guess.

Think we need another center back and one more center forward no sub keeper must have one in reserve team .

So many players strongly in midfield hope Mark Duffy can inprove his away form from what I here his away form is not as good as his home form.

Oh and Argentina 0-0 Greece lol man that was funny just like France losing to Poor South Africa omg how poor were Africa
darrenlock

Re: Morecambe FC And the Argie game

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:24 pm

darrenlock wrote:Hello come on next season got the Visitor and got my double page of the fixtures?

I am guessing Morecambe to come second with a average attendance of 3333 good guess.

Think we need another center back and one more center forward no sub keeper must have one in reserve team .

So many players strongly in midfield hope Mark Duffy can inprove his away form from what I here his away form is not as good as his home form.

Oh and Argentina 0-0 Greece lol man that was funny just like France losing to Poor South Africa omg how poor were Africa

Is your finger stuck to the 3 keyboard......................
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby darrenlock » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:28 pm

Yeap it is I am guessing that the stadium will be half full on average I going about 3000-3500.

I know Morecambe attendance last season was 2200 but I am sure it will be higher and the price and season ticket prices are excellent
darrenlock

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:23 pm

HAPPY DAYS . Although the 1st half was crap my double of 0.0 half time and Argentina to win 2.0 has just come in :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by marky No.1 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Harry » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:23 pm

Yeah, hilarious draw that was... :roll:

Despite my gambling commitments I applaud the fella marking Messi. Excellent defensive determination.
Harry

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:39 pm

i dont really expect the attendances to go up all that much now maybe by another 200/300

as a lot of people who support Morecambe casually will be going to the globe arena excited with the impression of a new stadium what was shown in the local papers when it was first planed

it could be opportunity lost by getting these people to take Morecambe serious who only see Morecambe as a 2nd

you know the ones? the ones who turned up in our last two home games all 2000+ extra of them.
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:42 pm

think attendances will go up for the first few games of the season then go back to normal but if we can try and get 2,000 for most games then that is a good target
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:47 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:think attendances will go up for the first few games of the season then go back to normal but if we can try and get 2,000 for most games then that is a good target

That is probably right but I think we should be encouraging the non regular fans not slagging em IMO

Aimed at Mr Dawzi BTW
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:50 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:think attendances will go up for the first few games of the season then go back to normal but if we can try and get 2,000 for most games then that is a good target

That is probably right but I think we should be encouraging the non regular fans not slagging em IMO

Aimed at Mr Dawzi BTW

True if we can get just a few of those fans that went to the Aldershot and Dagenham games it will be a bonus.
heysham_mfc

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:06 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

Aimed at Mr Dawzi BTW

am not slagging any fans off at all, am just trying to point out theres going to be a lot of potential fans what will be disappointed, when they see the new ground in pre-season expecting to see the originaly planned ground what had pulling factor what could have pulled a good lot of the 2000+ extra who went to the last few home games last season
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:19 pm

Can't see they will be disappointed when they see it tbh. How many of them will be carrying the plans under their arms? :lol:

Today has brought it home on the cutback front. I am happy the Club has been realistic. We have many more reasons than most to be grateful IMO
marky No.1

Postby Harry » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Most people who have a passing interest in MFC will know about the stadium cutbacks, and even those who do take issue with it, people like the paddock moaners, will have got over it by the start of the season and despite maybe still having a little whinge to save face, will turn up to the first few games. As for average attendances, it'll depend on how we perform throughout the season.
Harry

Postby shrimper » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:53 pm

DawZi wrote:[

am not slagging any fans off at all, am just trying to point out theres going to be a lot of potential fans what will be disappointed, when they see the new ground in pre-season expecting to see the originaly planned ground what had pulling factor what could have pulled a good lot of the 2000+ extra who went to the last few home games last season

Give it a rest. I think you're dead wrong, mate. Unless other people go round pointing out the differences between some very early plan and what they will actually see, all they'll know is that it's ten times better than Christie Park as a stadium. Also a lot will go in the bar before the game then in the main stand and will see better facilities.

Even more will get to know the stadium by attending various functions or community events there, all of which will promote the club within the community.

I just wish people would stop using words like 'disappointed' when our board is providing an excellent new ground for us.

It's much more than the town deserves, given the low attendances we've had over the years and constant griping about 'what we could have had' (had interest rates not plummeted and the recesssion not kicked in, none of which is their fault) is a repeated kick in the teeth to them.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby scar » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:56 pm

of the additional 2000+ fans who went to the final 2 games at the Pie, there were a lot of fans from other league2 and conference teams who turned up to see the final games played at Christie Park - that coupled with a league 2 play off giving the extra surge on the gate.

No doubt the first few games at the Globe will be well attended, hopefully a good number will be retained to increase the average gate to nearer the 3000 mark.
scar

Return to General Discussion