6-7, were going to win 6-7!

Re: 6-7, were going to win 6-7!

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun May 16, 2010 5:56 pm

mickey wrote:its not the fact that we lost its how we lost..............no passion no commitment a complete waste of space .........couldnt even string 2 passes together ...............did we wanna go up? conspirecy theories me thinks ...........to put a display in like that makes you think

whatever do you mean :?: :?: :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby villan » Sun May 16, 2010 6:00 pm

At the start of the season many said we were going down! 6-7!
villan

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun May 16, 2010 6:02 pm

villan wrote:At the start of the season many said we were going down! 6-7!

what :lol: :lol:

...............did we wanna go up? conspirecy theories me thinks ...........to put a display in like that makes you think
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Ntini » Sun May 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Wigan Shrimp wrote:I very rarely post on here and I`ll probably regret doing so this time, when I eventually calm down, but here goes....

Embarrassing!! Every single one of the players should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. What makes it worse is that it was shown live on TV!

It`s not easy being a Morecambe fan in Wigan and I`m sure many others around the country will feel the same. It`s hard work trying to convince premiership supporting mates and colleagues that we are a good team, a club that is going places, and it was hard work trying to convince them to watch the game today... I guess several of my mates agreed to watch because they knew how I was proud that my team was on TV, they knew how proud I was that we were in the play-offs, they knew how proud I was that we could be playing the likes of Sheff Wed and Southampton in just a few weeks time, they knew how proud I was of Morecambe FC!

But now I`m just embarrassed... the ‘comedy’ text messages and phone calls have started and now I wish I hadn`t been so proud, wish I had kept quiet, wish I hadn`t mentioned Morecambe FC to anyone, ever!

So a big thank you to Barry, Andy, Darren, Jim, Dave, Will, Stewart, Laurence, Mark, Gary, and Paul. Really struggling to complete that list, some of them were that innocuous I can`t actually remember if they were on the pitch or not, on the other hand some were that bad that I certainly remember that they were on the pitch, I just wish that they hadn`t been! Anyway....you`ve just ruined my week and thrown away any outside chance I had of getting mates and colleagues to take me and my team seriously... and more importantly, you have let yourselves down, let your manager now and most importantly of all you`ve let those poor souls who made the long trip down south down. Thank you very much, I hope you are proud!!!

Sing "we are going to win 6-7" and enjoy ourselves?? At the moment, I don`t even think I can be bothered going at all on Thursday, what an anti-climax it`s going to be! I think I`d rather remember Christie Park with the pride I felt after the Shots game, rather than having to watch 11 weak men who I now know are capable of capitulating in such an unbelievably embarrassing manner!

I know the usual suspects will say we over achieved, remember how far we`ve come, we`ve had a great season, remember how you felt after the Shots game, same group of players, etc... etc... All of which is true, but at the moment it doesn`t make me feel any better or change my opinion on today`s “performance”.

Well done to the Daggers, thoroughly deserved, although don`t get too carried away with the result, I reckon I`d have bagged a couple myself against Bentley, Artell and the rest of the statues today!

Ahhhh... that`s better ;)

Embarrassed of Wigan

I don't think, unless you are away from Morecambe, you can fully appreciate this. And I agree with it whole-heartedly. Living in towns and cities where you have much bigger clubs, people do think you're barmy for supporting 'little old Morecambe', and I'm dreading some of the comments that are going to come my way this week.

BUT, having said that, I'm also going to prove my loyalty to my club by donning my shirt, upping sticks on Thursday, and leaving work early to make the journey to Christie from Newcastle.

My Work colleagues will probably think I'm even more barmy (if that's possible) but that's the kind of respect you can only earn through you're actions. They know I'm potty about Morecambe, and now I'm going to prove it!!!

HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun May 16, 2010 6:28 pm

I think the feelings are running high because:
expectations had been raised by our good end of season form i.e.7 wins in 9
we lost 6-0 live on tv, and people who would not normally see us watched the horror in all its..well, horror!
if we had lost unluckily 2-1 or been the victims of a poor refereeing decision, then we could have accepted that more easily.

It's the way we lost that really gets to everyone, and that we all know that the Morecambe team on show today was not the team we know it can be, and that's what hurts :cry:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby ockers » Sun May 16, 2010 8:51 pm

marky wrote:Didn't realise it was a competition :roll: Also, Marky is a Morecambe fan first, Leeds fan second. I said goodbye to Christie last Saturday. Thursday was just a bonus. As there is nothing riding on it, I won't be going.

yes you do sound like a leeds fan
ockers

Postby Keith » Sun May 16, 2010 10:51 pm

mickey wrote:...did we wanna go up? conspirecy theories me thinks ...........to put a display in like that makes you think

No, I'm sure you are right. After all, with many of our players 'getting on a bit', I'm sure they would think 'pah, I don't want to play at Wembley because we might win and then we'd be promoted. I'd much rather make a tit of myself, live on TV to ensure that doesn't happen'. Yup, I'm sure that explains it.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby feelingguilty » Mon May 17, 2010 12:29 pm

Sunday was painful no dispute and a bit embarrasing.

Living in leeds I can sympathise with what others are saying - I have taken some stick from "Leeds fans" today - the same fans who would need sat nav to get to Elland Road.

True football fans (ie those that actually attend games) know just how we feel right now and understand how far we have come and I bet none of them have said anything - just ignore the idiots then. Supporting Morecambe has never been easy..

Now I have csalmed down I feel priveledged to have watched Morecambe for 25 years and we have made a journey that has been fantastic.

It is these bumps in the road that make it even better. The Wembley win felt so much better because of the play off pain before. Loosing in the conference play offs felt way worse for me.

Next season primary objective should be the same as this - another season in L2 - anything else beyond that is fantastic. We are still a small club punching well above our weight.
feelingguilty

Postby shrimper » Mon May 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Mmmm? Fans of other clubs being 'dragged' to watch Morecambe.....

Any proper football fan will have watched that (either live or on telly) and thought "well the team played like a bag of cack... but what about those supporters" and, if they're people who are worth bothering about, it won't have made them think any worse about our club.

They'll know that teams can have their ups and downs and it'll be a measure of them if they want to come again.

I know quite a few who have had no connection with us at all, live in other parts of the country but have watched us a couple of times, enjoyed the crack, and now come quite often - still enjoying that.

If you have to put in a performance to retain their interest then it really is too much of a battle to be worth it - leave them to the teams that can guarantee success. We're not like that - take it or leave it.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ockers » Mon May 17, 2010 12:48 pm

home record in the football league was bournemouth this season 5 0
we only need to go one better and make extra time
so theyd better get practising those penalties
351/1 has to be worth a bet
:D
ockers

Postby Posh » Mon May 17, 2010 4:54 pm

To be honest I've had my fingers burnt before taking people to games and I don't do it anymore. Locals, friends or not, can hear how much I enjoy it and I'll tell them why it's good. If they then choose to come down to a game of their own volition ... then great. However I won't try and persuade them.

If they do come down though I don't tend to enjoy it. For example, my brother-in-law played for Mansfield Town but very rarely watches live games. As a result, when he does come down, our only shared interest is what's on the pitch but not the detailed awareness of both sides. If it's bad then I get it in the ear and if it's good then it I enjoy it far more than he does - going delirious v polite applause. For brother-in-law read anyone else coming along because they feel they should.

As for work colleagues I got some good questions this morning but no pisstaking. However then in a team meeting of 20 odd staff my disabled co-director decided it was an opportune moment to ridicule our performance. What was said to him breaches all known discrimination acts but he now knows not to mess.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Dagenhamfan » Mon May 17, 2010 7:56 pm

er1cm0r3cambe wrote:I'm predicting a 10 nil thrashing for those cocky essex bar stewards, lets ave it!

Cocky?
I've not seen anyone being in-yer-face cocky about it, either here or on our board. We have nothing but respect for you.
Dagenhamfan

Postby Keith » Mon May 17, 2010 10:59 pm

6-7, were going to win 6-7!

Doesn't 7-6, we're going to win 7-6 scan better? Got to get it right before Thursday!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby EDD » Mon May 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Following Morecambe over the years I've seen many High's, and a few lows.

Wembley, Cup ties, but for me personally it was beating Bradford City, that for me was a personal victory, as my 1st team (see signature, just never have had the firepower)

I could finally go into work the day after and, think stuff you, and all the petty ridicule...

Did'nt manage to get a ticket for the last game at Christie, though did get too the Aldershot
game, and at that point I will leave my memory's of Christie behind...

I've met some fantastic MFC fans during games over there, and will hopefully see them again at the Globe, So all the best for Thursday, And maybe just maybe.....?
MFC's Only

Morecambe FC / Bradford Park Avenue FC

Supporter
EDD

Postby shrimper » Mon May 17, 2010 11:26 pm

EDD wrote:Following Morecambe over the years I've seen many High's, and a few lows.

Wembley, Cup ties, but for me personally it was beating Bradford City, that for me was a personal victory, as my 1st team (see signature, just never have had the firepower)

I could finally go into work the day after and, think stuff you, and all the petty ridicule...

Did'nt manage to get a ticket for the last game at Christie, though did get too the Aldershot
game, and at that point I will leave my memory's of Christie behind...

I've met some fantastic MFC fans during games over there, and will hopefully see them again at the Globe, So all the best for Thursday, And maybe just maybe.....?

Nip over to marky's place and get his!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby er1cm0r3cambe » Tue May 18, 2010 12:49 am

Dagenhamfan wrote:
er1cm0r3cambe wrote:I'm predicting a 10 nil thrashing for those cocky essex bar stewards, lets ave it!

Cocky?
I've not seen anyone being in-yer-face cocky about it, either here or on our board. We have nothing but respect for you.

Thats exactly the sort of cocky response that only goes to prove my point
bloody southerners, i ask you........
(i'm not bitter)
Bring Me Sunshine.....
er1cm0r3cambe

Postby NeilG » Tue May 18, 2010 6:19 am

er1cm0r3cambe wrote:
Dagenhamfan wrote:

Cocky?

(i'm not bitter)

Just ignore him dagger, 3 posts and he's already a keyboard warrior, probably only 12 :lol:
NeilG

Postby er1cm0r3cambe » Tue May 18, 2010 2:26 pm

Cocky?
I've not seen anyone being in-yer-face cocky about it, either here or on our board. We have nothing but respect for you.[/quote]

(i'm not bitter)[/quote]

Just ignore him dagger, 3 posts and he's already a keyboard warrior, probably only 12 :lol:[/quote]

and who rattled your cage, you miserable turd?
it was a joke pal, and if you can't see that then how do you survive being a morecambe fan with no sense of humour?
I also feel the need to point out that I was unaware the number of previous posts someone has made here directly relates to the value of their opinion, could you show me where that is stated on here?
are you suggesting that if I posted 500 times, regardless of content, my opinion/ jokes/ statements would mean more to you?

may i suggest, dagger, that you ignore him instead, the club I have supported for more years than i care to remember is a friendly place where we can have a laugh and not have to worry about what some humourless cretin thinks. Unless of course you have no capacity for a laugh either, then maybe you two could meet and fall in love.....
Bring Me Sunshine.....
er1cm0r3cambe

Previous

Return to General Discussion