A new screensaver/background for you all..

A new screensaver/background for you all..

Postby shrimper » Thu May 06, 2010 11:37 am

spurschampslogo.jpg
I love that Champions' League, me!
spurschampslogo.jpg (43.41 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: A new screensaver/background for you all..

Postby wonder shrimp » Thu May 06, 2010 12:03 pm

can you do a similar one with a shrimp on top? 8-)
wonder shrimp

Postby Mighty Red » Thu May 06, 2010 12:22 pm

OK
Attachments
shrimpchampslogo.jpg
shrimpchampslogo.jpg (238.4 KiB) Viewed 959 times
Mighty Red

Postby EDD » Thu May 06, 2010 12:47 pm

To be honest I'm not a fan of the new badge, it looks a bit generic, very similar to the ones they have football manager, when they can't afford the licence rights to a club's badge.

On a further note it also looks a bit what Arsenal did to there cannon badge a few years ago.
MFC's Only

Morecambe FC / Bradford Park Avenue FC

Supporter
EDD

Postby Posh » Thu May 06, 2010 12:56 pm

May I refer the Honourable Gentleman to his previous posts regarding the Champions League.

"Chelsea will throw millions more at it for a couple more years and, when it still doesn't bring them that stupid Champions' League bauble"

"Gone forever are the days that clubs with a good manager and a decent squad could rise from the Championship or the middle of the top division to win honours (like many, many teams did pre-CL)".

"[The Champions League has] set up a situation where, with just a few years on this new money-making roundabout, they could create a massive financial chasm between them and the rest".

"Before the Champs League there were just 'clubs' - some good, some not so good but with a genuine and realistic ambition of becoming as good as the top clubs through purely footballing means".

"Now there are Champions League Clubs and the rest. The CL clubs can cherry pick the best players and managers at their whim, meaning they stay at the top and (by picking up players from their closest 'pretenders' when they feel like) make sure the non-CL clubs stay that way.

"The CL is certainly is a 'them and us' cartel".

"I just wish someone would have the guts to raise the issue properly instead of tinkering around the edges of the problem. Even the media aren't tackling it with any kind of courage".

"I'd laugh if [the Champions League] also sees the start of serious franchising and, some way down the line, a billionaire American owner decides the city of Manchester doesn't quite fit in with that 'brand' and we get 'United' moved to London. Or Shanghai".

:lol: :lol:
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimper » Thu May 06, 2010 1:14 pm

You've just made all that up. I love the Champions' League and I have loved it for ages. Well, about 16 hours now, to be precise.

clocktower.jpg
clocktower.jpg (33.27 KiB) Viewed 801 times

Me, two faced?

:D

(Seriously, I'd still happily see it scrapped tomorrow despite what that would mean for Spurs.)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Aspers » Thu May 06, 2010 2:40 pm

I had a chuckle too Posh 8-)
Aspers

Postby Freez » Thu May 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Thank you Harry Redknapp, the bloody preaching coming from the Zealout like Shrimper behind me on the Magic Bus has driven me to the Samaritans in the past! All of the above and more, for hours on end, particularly bad when he has had a Stella!!

Still dont think this will stop him!! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Return to General Discussion