Sky report of Luton trouble

Sky report of Luton trouble

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 04, 2010 8:53 am

Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Sky report of Luton trouble

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:12 am

Our Eric would be distraught seeing all that! Lucky he's got some Sunshine shining over him from his North West Home :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Tue May 04, 2010 9:44 am

I know the other day we were on about pitch invasions and people running to the opposit end to have ago at away fans.

I also noticed Grimsby did this to Barnet and I also remember Grimsby doing it to us in the JPT Northern final.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby ezz » Tue May 04, 2010 10:41 am

marky No.1 wrote:Our Eric would be distraught seeing all that! Lucky he's got some Sunshine shining over him from his North West Home :D

I'm not that distraught to be fair
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby darrenlock » Tue May 04, 2010 10:45 am

What happened yesterday was horribal by Luton those thugs.
darrenlock

Postby Richard Head » Tue May 04, 2010 2:01 pm

Anybody still think that pitch invasions are just harmless fun?
Richard Head

Postby wonder shrimp » Tue May 04, 2010 2:22 pm

How about giving luton a big points deduction? :lol:
wonder shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 04, 2010 3:24 pm

wonder shrimp wrote:How about giving luton a big points deduction? :lol:

I can't see the league or FA letting this go without some retribution.

In my opinion this is far worse than a club going into admin.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby wijit » Tue May 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Richard Head wrote:Anybody still think that pitch invasions are just harmless fun?

Did anybody say they are harmless fun?
Put this in perspective; Luton and Wednesday's invasions were by angry fans who were bent on trouble. IF, and I would suggest it is a big if, there was one on Saturday it would be a jubilant one, not a bad tempered one.
That said, however, I think in light of these morons acting as they did, not to mention our possible play-off game, we would do well to celebrate from the terrace. That is a shame though.
wijit

Postby Richard Head » Tue May 04, 2010 6:20 pm

Whatever the result on Saturday the message should be keep off the pitch. Let the players do a lap of honour and let everyone on the terraces enjoy the moment.
Richard Head

Postby Andy » Tue May 04, 2010 11:02 pm

"Whatever the result on Saturday the message should be keep off the pitch. Let the players do a lap of honour and let everyone on the terraces enjoy the moment."

Totally agree.
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed May 05, 2010 8:07 am

Richard Head wrote:Whatever the result on Saturday the message should be keep off the pitch. Let the players do a lap of honour and let everyone on the terraces enjoy the moment.

Yeah thanks a lot mate but I don't think we need your advice. The club has given advice as to what will happen and I think everyone will follow that. As there wasn't any pitch invasion when we made it to Wembley last time I can't see there being one this time until we're given the green light to go on to the pitch.
durhamshrimp

Postby sgt major » Wed May 05, 2010 8:45 am

There may not have been a mass pitch invasion when we beat York City but people did still manage to get on the pitch.

If morons want to ruin our chances of escaping retribution from the FA then so be it. The Football League and clubs rules are printed in the programme, sadly some people want to go against that.

It's not me or the club for that matter being jobsworth's, it's just that we already have the FA looking at us for a previous incursion onto the pitch, please don't let the idiots ruin it on Saturday.
sgt major

Postby Heysham_red » Wed May 05, 2010 8:57 am

sgt major wrote:There may not have been a mass pitch invasion when we beat York City but people did still manage to get on the pitch.

If morons want to ruin our chances of escaping retribution from the FA then so be it. The Football League and clubs rules are printed in the programme, sadly some people want to go against that.

It's not me or the club for that matter being jobsworth's, it's just that we already have the FA looking at us for a previous incursion onto the pitch, please don't let the idiots ruin it on Saturday.

Doesn't this contradict the statement made by the club on here sometime last week which said the club had sought permission to enter the pitch from the police and the FA??
Heysham_red

Postby Shire Shrimp » Wed May 05, 2010 9:11 am

I've got to agree with the stay off the pitch posts here.

The club have publicly made clear and appropriate plans to allow fans on to the pitch in a safe manner once the players have done their bit and left the field, which I'm sure will be in agreement with the relevant authorities. In my mind this is a superb solution and well thought out.

Not only that but, with recent events at other football grounds, I'm sure the authorities and the media will be montioring all grounds this Saturday a little closer than usual. Any sniff of a pitch invasion or behaviour by fans that could be considered out of the control of the club stewards may very well be whipped up into a media frenzy.

When the likely outcome is a banning order for you if you go on the pitch, a fine for the club and general bad publicity for the club and the fans, you have to ask yourself, what is the point?
Shire Shrimp

Return to General Discussion