If we get in the play-offs

If we get in the play-offs

Postby MFC GMAN » Sat May 01, 2010 11:51 pm

If we get in the play-offs.

pitch invasion last game against aldershott ????????????
MFC GMAN

Re: If we get in the play-offs

Postby Andy » Sun May 02, 2010 12:01 am

NO
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun May 02, 2010 2:54 am

I believe an organised pitch invasion has been allowed. Lets not be arseholes about it.

Saying that. When we went to Wembley for the play offs last time, I asked on here about boozing on the coaches and got some proper killjoy responses. Needless to say i did take booze on the bus and got nicely pissed on the way down to London and everything was fine. What I reckon is that, like then, common sense will win out. I'm sure that going on the pitch will be fine as long as nobody takes the piss. See the previous thread from the club about going on the pitch.

P.S. Should we make the playoff final again this year I can suggest a 2 litre Fanta bottle filled with 1/4 Vodka and 3/4 Orange Juice. It really makes the trip to Wembley much more fun.
durhamshrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun May 02, 2010 8:05 am

durhamshrimp wrote:I believe an organised pitch invasion has been allowed. Lets not be arseholes about it.

Saying that. When we went to Wembley for the play offs last time, I asked on here about boozing on the coaches and got some proper killjoy responses. Needless to say i did take booze on the bus and got nicely pissed on the way down to London and everything was fine. What I reckon is that, like then, common sense will win out. I'm sure that going on the pitch will be fine as long as nobody takes the piss. See the previous thread from the club about going on the pitch.

P.S. Should we make the playoff final again this year I can suggest a 2 litre Fanta bottle filled with 1/4 Vodka and 3/4 Orange Juice. It really makes the trip to Wembley much more fun.

I personally think the Safety Officer has been a little naieve sanctioning everyone to come on the pitch. If it rains during this week and is soft then several thousand pairs of rampaging feet could leave it in a real state for the next game IF we make the playoffs. The pitch is struggling a bit anyway and this could completely wreck it.

IF we make the play offs then that game will obviously be the last one. Are the club simply going to delay the decision to allow every one onto the pitch till after that game? Does that include the away fans? Potential for a few hundred a side brawl if that scenario arises following an emotionally charged play off game. It would only take one or two idiots to take exception to each other and it could quickly escalate from there. We really don't need that. People get injured, club sued, FA/Police enquiry etc' etc'. Keep everyone in the stands in my opinion where we can celebrate or otherwise in relative safety.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun May 02, 2010 8:27 am

Last couple of weeks there has been many pitch invasions but not one has caused any trouble Aldershot are in the play offs so if we made it and both sets of fans went on the pitch I don't think there will be any trouble both clubs have a decent reputation for not much trouble involving the fans.
heysham_mfc

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun May 02, 2010 8:51 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Last couple of weeks there has been many pitch invasions but not one has caused any trouble Aldershot are in the play offs so if we made it and both sets of fans went on the pitch I don't think there will be any trouble both clubs have a decent reputation for not much trouble involving the fans.

:o Are you serious? Aldershot have a reputation for having a large hooligan group who have caused serious problems in the past. (ask Blackpool Police what happened before and after Blackpools FA Cup match against Aldershot in the resort a couple of years ago). Yes the vast majority of Morecambe and Aldershot fans have a reputation as genuine friendly fans but the big games (playoffs) do encourage rent a mob to appear. I for one wouldn't want to see both sets of 'fans' charging across the pitch towards each other.

The situation has now changed significantly. I'm sure the Police and club, for a variety of reasons, are going to have to review the decision to allow everyone onto the pitch. They should have put a clause in the original decision that should we make the play offs everyone is to keep OFF the pitch.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sun May 02, 2010 9:04 am

This is simple

It's OUR last home game at Christie Park so the club have in my opinion made the right decison to allow fans on the pitch once the players have gone off.

If it is controlled and ONLY HOME fans are allowed on the pitch then there will be no problem. If they let away fans on then there is likley to be a problem - so don't let them on! - most of them will have gone anyway as I can't imagine them wanting to stay around watching Morecambe do a lap of honour - they are in the play offs so should be happy to let us have a celebration of our last great season at Christie Park - let the stewards and Police do thier job and keep the away fans off the pitch and let's enjoy the day and discourage any planks from going over to the Shots taunting them. The club have done thier bit in allowing us on so let's us fans do our bit and prove yet again why we have a good reputation for having fun and making noise but in the right way - with smiles on our faces :D
SkinnyShrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun May 02, 2010 9:22 am

I'm not in favour of a pitch invasion at all. That's not me being a killjoy, thats me wanting to see the players stay on the pitch and take the applause off an appreciative home support for all their efforts this season.

There is a family fun day the day after, if you really want to get on the pitch one last time sign a team up to the 5-aside and actually play on the turf!
RedRedWine1

Postby NeilG » Sun May 02, 2010 9:31 am

I'm not in favour of a pitch invasion at all. That's not me being a killjoy, thats me wanting to see the players stay on the pitch and take the applause off an appreciative home support for all their efforts this season.

I'm with you, pitch invasions usually means the players run off for their own safety and we won't get the chance to celebrate with them. Stay in the stands then everyone can see what's going on.
NeilG

Postby Bare Ben » Sun May 02, 2010 9:44 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote:I believe an organised pitch invasion has been allowed. Lets not be arseholes about it.

I personally think the Safety Officer has been a little naieve sanctioning everyone to come on the pitch. If it rains during this week and is soft then several thousand pairs of rampaging feet could leave it in a real state for the next game IF we make the playoffs. The pitch is struggling a bit anyway and this could completely wreck it.

IF we make the play offs then that game will obviously be the last one. Are the club simply going to delay the decision to allow every one onto the pitch till after that game? Does that include the away fans? Potential for a few hundred a side brawl if that scenario arises following an emotionally charged play off game. It would only take one or two idiots to take exception to each other and it could quickly escalate from there. We really don't need that. People get injured, club sued, FA/Police enquiry etc' etc'. Keep everyone in the stands in my opinion where we can celebrate or otherwise in relative safety.

You stay in the stand then, I'm going to put on my shoes with 4 inch spikes and continuously ram my heels into every area of the pitch possible. Whilst I'm at it I might take down a pneumatic drill to really do some damage. Do you really believe the club would allow us on the pitch if we were all going to f*** it up?

And if you think any single one of our fans is more interested in having a scrap than saying goodbye to the ground then I'm sorry you have such a poor view on Morecambe fans. :roll:
Bare Ben

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun May 02, 2010 9:56 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:Last couple of weeks there has been many pitch invasions but not one has caused any trouble Aldershot are in the play offs so if we made it and both sets of fans went on the pitch I don't think there will be any trouble both clubs have a decent reputation for not much trouble involving the fans.

:o Are you serious? Aldershot have a reputation for having a large hooligan group who have caused serious problems in the past. (ask Blackpool Police what happened before and after Blackpools FA Cup match against Aldershot in the resort a couple of years ago). Yes the vast majority of Morecambe and Aldershot fans have a reputation as genuine friendly fans but the big games (playoffs) do encourage rent a mob to appear. I for one wouldn't want to see both sets of 'fans' charging across the pitch towards each other.

The situation has now changed significantly. I'm sure the Police and club, for a variety of reasons, are going to have to review the decision to allow everyone onto the pitch. They should have put a clause in the original decision that should we make the play offs everyone is to keep OFF the pitch.

Exactly Aldershot are allready in a play off spot if they were going to invade the pitch they would have done it yesturday but they didn't I know you can't be 100% sure that no away fans will go on the pitch but maybe if the club go ahead and say they are going to allow people on the pitch once all the players etc have had chance to clear the pitch it may stop a mad dash at the end
heysham_mfc

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun May 02, 2010 10:08 am

Bare Ben wrote:
Burnley Shrimp wrote:

You stay in the stand then, I'm going to put on my shoes with 4 inch spikes and continuously ram my heels into every area of the pitch possible. Whilst I'm at it I might take down a pneumatic drill to really do some damage. Do you really believe the club would allow us on the pitch if we were all going to f*** it up?

And if you think any single one of our fans is more interested in having a scrap than saying goodbye to the ground then I'm sorry you have such a poor view on Morecambe fans. :roll:

Having seen thousands of matches over the last 40 years during which I have followed Morecambe I think I am well qualified to give my opinion that the hard core Morecambe fans are the BEST in the land.We do not go looking for 'scraps' I agree, but why can't we just say goodbye from the stands???? The pitch against Dagenham was very bobbly and if it is wet this week I guess a mass pitch invasion could leave it in a real mess ahead of what would be potentially the biggest match in the history of the club. I think the club agreed to the pitch invasion before the play off game was a real possibility. It's just common sense really! Chesh must be doing his bonce in at the prospect of several thousand milling around on it several days before such a game.

If you have to get on the pitch for some reason then go a couple of hours after the last game (whichever that may be) and wander around to your hearts content. I can't see any problem with that.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun May 02, 2010 2:10 pm

pitch invasion at Blackpool, as they reach the playoffs :)
Crooky MFC

Postby Keith » Sun May 02, 2010 2:14 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:pitch invasion at Blackpool, as they reach the playoffs :)

Pitch invasion at Sheffield Wednesday from both sides fans. Players ushered quickly off the pitch and potential 'flash point', so probably a fine for Wednesday.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Vinny » Sun May 02, 2010 2:31 pm

If we lose and finish outside the play-offs, then there's not a problem for a last chance to tread the hallowed ground and celebrate a galant end to the season.

However, if we win, draw or stay in the play-offs, this won't be the last game at the Crustie Pie, with a play-off match then to play at home. If this is the case I think the pitch and play-off game have to be respected, so pitch invasion kept until after that match.

I think this situation warrants a revised official statement from the club.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby NeilG » Mon May 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Pitch invasions at Sheffield and Luton :o

Enough said !
NeilG

Postby bigreddog » Mon May 03, 2010 6:32 pm

I think that saving the pitch invasion until after the very last match is a perfectly valid opinion. Though ideally that would be late at night on a wednesday or thursday. If I may, can I make a small suggestion?

Win, lose or draw, if the described pitch invasion is inevitable, maybe one solution would be to hold off to allow the aldershot players and staff to get back to the dressing room and give our lads the opportunity to do a lap of honour for everyones benefit. Then maybe we could go on the pitch to the dugout area and have the staff and players go up the steps and take a bow from the directors seating area. everyone is safe and everyone gets what they want. except maybe chesh ( but I promise to buy him a beer in the marquee afterwards as a small compensation)
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon May 03, 2010 6:57 pm

NeilG wrote:

Pitch invasions at Sheffield and Luton :o

Enough said !

and Wigan when Wigans 2nd goal went in a couple hundred home supporter fans on the pitch not winding Hull up or anything though was all claer within a couple of mins
heysham_mfc

Postby ockers » Mon May 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Having seen thousands of matches over the last 40 years during which I have followed Morecambe I think I am well qualified to give my opinion that the hard core Morecambe fans are the BEST in the land.We do not go looking for 'scraps' I agree, but why can't we just say goodbye from the stands???? The pitch against Dagenham was very bobbly and if it is wet this week I guess a mass pitch invasion could leave it in a real mess ahead of what would be potentially the biggest match in the history of the club. I think the club agreed to the pitch invasion before the play off game was a real possibility. It's just common sense really! Chesh must be doing his bonce in at the prospect of several thousand milling around on it several days before such a game.

If you have to get on the pitch for some reason then go a couple of hours after the last game (whichever that may be) and wander around to your hearts content. I can't see any problem with that.[/quote]

well said!!
ockers

Postby marky » Mon May 03, 2010 7:35 pm

I must say I'm in complete agreement with Burnley Shrimp. Have a little decorum and allow the players a chance to take their plaudits. Invade the pitch at the end of the match and they will be ushered off straight away and you'll be spoiling it for them and those of us with a brain ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:24 am

bigreddog wrote: ( but I promise to buy him a beer in the marquee afterwards as a small compensation)

I was debating whether or not to take my camera on Saturday but that statement has just clinched it! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion