Next Saturday - what an anti-climax!

Next Saturday - what an anti-climax!

Postby Posh » Sat May 01, 2010 4:27 pm

We lose and don't make the playoffs, day spoilt - what an anti-climax. Win or draw and we're in the playoffs and it's not the last match at Christie Park so errr... what an anti-climax.*

* :roll: joking of course - it's going to be a very emotional day whatever happens
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: Next Saturday - what an anti-climax!

Postby Lloydie » Sat May 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Having that 5/side comp might not be the best idea in the world right now (esp after all the rain today).

Marky - P/T Indie was telling me you may still need recruits?
Lloydie

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 01, 2010 4:55 pm

IF we get into the Play Offs surely the 5 a-side has to be played on the school field.

I could be wrong but I've a feeling that Sammy was making that point to the Chairman and our Commercial Director pre kick off last week when all 3 where on the pitch.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Aal » Sat May 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Perhaps the club could ask permission from said school before taking the liberty of trespassing on Council owned property??
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat May 01, 2010 6:46 pm

Christies Child wrote:IF we get into the Play Offs surely the 5 a-side has to be played on the school field.

I could be wrong but I've a feeling that Sammy was making that point to the Chairman and our Commercial Director pre kick off last week when all 3 where on the pitch.

I've played on that school field twice before (for Lancaster U12s against Morecambe U12s :o ) and it's good pitch. I remember getting bundled over by a player about twice the size of me and did a backward roll :lol: !
Little Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat May 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Posh wrote:We lose and don't make the playoffs, day spoilt - what an anti-climax. Win or draw and we're in the playoffs and it's not the last match at Christie Park so errr... what an anti-climax.*

* :roll: joking of course - it's going to be a very emotional day whatever happens

we could also lose and make the play offs :o that would be strange to be celebrating after we have lost
heysham_mfc

Postby Mark S » Sun May 02, 2010 9:37 am

Would be nice to leave CP on a high!

I hope that the last game at CP is not next Saturday!
Mark S

Postby marky No.1 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:40 am

Lloydie wrote:Having that 5/side comp might not be the best idea in the world right now (esp after all the rain today).

Marky - P/T Indie was telling me you may still need recruits?

Yes. Meeting at the Trimpell at 6pm tomorrow evening (Tuesday) for a good old kick around and a beer afterwards :D :D

Bring ya boots and ya shinpads ;)

If the game is postponed Sunday we can spend the £100 on something else :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby steve mfc » Mon May 03, 2010 12:27 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
Posh wrote:We lose and don't make the playoffs, day spoilt - what an anti-climax. Win or draw and we're in the playoffs and it's not the last match at Christie Park so errr... what an anti-climax.*

we could also lose and make the play offs :o that would be strange to be celebrating after we have lost

That scenario crossed my mind as well can you imagine if we lost but we are waiting for the other results to come in, the players are on the pitch waiting, the tension would be unbearable.
steve mfc

Return to General Discussion