Difficulty buying tickets

Difficulty buying tickets

Postby Wild Bill » Sun May 02, 2010 5:49 pm

My brother, who is a very part-time supporter (I think 2 games in the last 15 years!) tried to buy a ticket for the Aldershot game yesterday but the shop was closed and not due to open until Tuesday!

I know it's bank holiday but I wonder how many will make the special trip to the ground after yesterday's result only to be disapointed? Most will be back at work come Tuesday and may end up not bothering.

I wonder how the club shop will cope too if we do make the playoffs and (fingers crossed) Wembley? I was out of the country last time we went, so am curious to know how they managed to sell 10,000 tickets in 10 days with limited staff etc...
Wild Bill

Re: Difficulty buying tickets

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Wild Bill wrote:My brother, who is a very part-time supporter (I think 2 games in the last 15 years!) tried to buy a ticket for the Aldershot game yesterday but the shop was closed and not due to open until Tuesday!

I know it's bank holiday but I wonder how many will make the special trip to the ground after yesterday's result only to be disapointed? Most will be back at work come Tuesday and may end up not bothering.

I wonder how the club shop will cope too if we do make the playoffs and (fingers crossed) Wembley? I was out of the country last time we went, so am curious to know how they managed to sell 10,000 tickets in 10 days with limited staff etc...

Why not give the club a ring and ask if they are staying open until late?

I'm sure that they will help out, seeing how important a game it is.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun May 02, 2010 6:08 pm

I went past the ground on friday afternoon and the fixture board outside was still blank the board for aldershot should in my opinion gone up straight after the dagenham game
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 02, 2010 6:44 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:I went past the ground on friday afternoon and the fixture board outside was still blank the board for aldershot should in my opinion gone up straight after the dagenham game

I asked a similar question last season and I was told that ground / external advertising of a game could only be during the week leading up to the game.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Sun May 02, 2010 7:53 pm

There are no dates on the boards, just days.

The idea of the boards are to attract occasionals or newbies. I dont think any of us regulars would forget who we were playing next or when.

If they had put them up straight after the Daggers game it could have confused people into thinking there was a game on yesterday.
Mark S

Postby CASS » Sun May 02, 2010 11:28 pm

Wild Bill wrote: so am curious to know how they managed to sell 10,000 tickets in 10 days with limited staff etc...

Well it was a fairly simple operation really. I got mine on a Sunday morning,at least I think it was Sunday.The Main stand /North stand turnstiles where open and you paid your brass,got your tickets and walked in to the ground and out again.I was very early and I think the guy who served me had not long been up. I asked for 10 tickets at £25 and he just could not add this up. As I was leaving the Q's where getting long.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby George Dawes » Mon May 03, 2010 9:54 am

i got mine after work, the club shop is closed all day monday then open tuesday from 8.30 to 6.00 and on matchdays till 8.00pm

i should imagine if we hopefully(i aint counting my chickens yet) get in the play-offs the club shop would be more flexible
George Dawes

Postby Splodge » Mon May 03, 2010 10:13 am

Mark S wrote:There are no dates on the boards, just days.

The idea of the boards are to attract occasionals or newbies. I dont think any of us regulars would forget who we were playing next or when.

If they had put them up straight after the Daggers game it could have confused people into thinking there was a game on yesterday.

The board in Skerton as you approach Lancaster was advertising Aldershot early last week - but has since been removed, presumably to avoid confusion.
Splodge

Postby Morecambe FC » Mon May 03, 2010 10:28 am

Wild Bill wrote:My brother, who is a very part-time supporter (I think 2 games in the last 15 years!) tried to buy a ticket for the Aldershot game yesterday but the shop was closed and not due to open until Tuesday!

An announcement is due on the OWS regarding the sale of play off tickets. This is obviously dependant on Saturday's result but I can assure everyone that plan B is ready.

As far as ticket sales for the game versus Aldershot. The Club Shop opens at 8.30am Tuesday and will remain open until 7.30pm. This will be repeated on Wednesday and Thursday or until the tickets sell out.

The only tickets left for sale are for the North Stand and Car wash terraces.

All Main Stand and Main Stand Paddock are now SOLD OUT.

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon May 03, 2010 11:40 am

How many tickets have actually been sold so far then ...i would estimate without season tickets and away fans tickets about 3200 ??
Blackpool Shrimp

Return to General Discussion