The statement from Lingwood.

The statement from Lingwood.

Postby wijit » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:33 pm

It's a shame that shrimper saw fit to post the statement and then lock it, denying the opportunity for fans to give at least some feedback. However, it is also understandable given the thread which gave cause for it, and the possible negative reaction to the statement.
For my part I'd like to thank Alan for it, there are far too many companies who would just "ride the storm" and ultimately not give a toss. Alan should be applauded not just for the statement, but also the manner it was issued and wording chosen.
I would like to think that as fans, and we proudly declare ourselves to be the friendliest, we will put this episode behind us all and give full co-operation to the guys for what will hopefully not be the last game at The Pie and not be "arsey" with them.
wijit

Re: The statement from Lingwood.

Postby drinkduffbeers » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:01 pm

Here Here well done Alan. Onwards and upwards
drinkduffbeers

Postby CASS » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:05 pm

wijit wrote:It's a shame that shrimper saw fit to post the statement and then lock it, denying the opportunity for fans to give at least some feedback. However, it is also understandable given the thread which gave cause for it, and the possible negative reaction to the statement.
For my part I'd like to thank Alan for it, there are far too many companies who would just "ride the storm" and ultimately not give a toss. Alan should be applauded not just for the statement, but also the manner it was issued and wording chosen.
I would like to think that as fans, and we proudly declare ourselves to be the friendliest, we will put this episode behind us all and give full co-operation to the guys for what will hopefully not be the last game at The Pie and not be "arsey" with them.

I have to concur with what wijit has posted and the statment from Lingwood was I feel one of concern. But I shall be looking at the attitude of the chief protagonist at the "Last Game".
Past dealings with this individual have been rather uneasy,in particular when he questioned a mate of mine regarding his post code as he was waiting to get in to the North stand against one of the BIG clubs. Very off hand attitude...and that was before he had PAID to get in.
Kind Regards
Sceptical.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Andy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:09 pm

So I could be snookered if he asks me for my present post code !!!!!! best I use LA5 :lol:
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:14 pm

tbh, there will obviously be a pitch invasion no matter what, so if i was a steward i would just knock off at 5 and go for a pint :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:36 am

Andy wrote:So I could be snookered if he asks me for my present post code !!!!!! best I use LA5 :lol:

Use the post code of the club.... :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby shrimper » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:18 am

wijit wrote:It's a shame that shrimper saw fit to post the statement and then lock it, denying the opportunity for fans to give at least some feedback. However, it is also understandable given the thread which gave cause for it, and the possible negative reaction to the statement.

I didn't, mate. I don't know how to.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:33 am

CASS wrote:

I have to concur with what wijit has posted and the statment from Lingwood was I feel one of concern. But I shall be looking at the attitude of the chief protagonist at the "Last Game".
Past dealings with this individual have been rather uneasy,in particular when he questioned a mate of mine regarding his post code as he was waiting to get in to the North stand against one of the BIG clubs. Very off hand attitude...and that was before he had PAID to get in.
Kind Regards
Sceptical.

This happened to me once. I wasn't going to be allowed near the turnstiles but because I had a Morecambe shirt on under my coat he decided that he'd let me in. He gave of the impression that he thought he was doing me a real favour when in fact he was just getting in my way. As for all this make up a postcode blah blah blah, shouldn't have to.
durhamshrimp

Postby Posh » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:49 pm

As the person who raised the issue in the first place I'd like to thank both Alan Lingwood and Denby Murgatroyd for their comments, which spell out very clearly that the events that I and others faced last Saturday were not sanctioned, approved or agreed by either Lingwood Security or Morecambe FC. In fact they all expressed their annoyance and disappointment.

I'd also like to thank both our stewards and Lingwood Security for the excellent work they do. All fans home and away deserve to be treated with respect first and foremost and I know we as a club and Lingwoods do this. As I've experienced at grounds such as Swindon (and as we saw in reports from Notts County), when those supervising games go into work with a thoroughly negative view of fans, look down on them and feel they are there to be mistreated then the mistreatment of honest paying customers can take place and resentment is fuelled.

In retrospect I realise I should have taken this up quietly with a Morecambe FC official or steward and apologies for that. I had paused at the bottom of the steps with the intention of speaking to the lovely Kate Barker, however with a surge of bodies behind me I had little option but to leave. Hence why I got home and showed my frustration at something which was totally unnecessary and really quite sad to be a part of. As it turns out I'm so pleased that our family club shares those sentiments.

One last thing. Please don't go on the pitch at the final whistle. There is absolutely no point and would spoil it for so many.

Thanks again to all at MFC, and Denby and Alan in particular.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby wijit » Sat May 01, 2010 9:43 pm

shrimper wrote:

I didn't, mate. I don't know how to.

Sorry about that then, Shrimper old chap. I just figured as you started the thread it was you who must've locked it. No matter, the point of your post was made, and made well.
wijit

Postby Aspers » Sun May 02, 2010 4:33 am

Typical Lingy style.

No nonsense, identify the problem, fix it.

I appluad you Alan. 8-)
Aspers

Return to General Discussion