8 Chesterfield 43 0 66
9 Port Vale 43 14 64
10 Morecambe 43 6 64
11 Northampton 43 9 63

i would'nt take todays result to badly still very possible
George Dawes

Re: as it still stands

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:19 pm

not too bad on reflection still a chance we can do it if we beat Dagenham we have a real chance
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:22 pm

6 Teams all chasing aldershots 7th position, the last day will be dramatic as long as we win next week.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby steve mfc » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:32 pm

We are in a much better position than i expected after the last two games which i didn't think we would get anything out of.

The results of the other team's in contention for a play off spot have pretty much gone our way it could have been a lot worse and as a consequence we have a very good chance of making the play offs.

We have a six pointer against Dagenham next week, a win will put us ahead of them, Port Vale are at home but to Notts county and Aldershot are away at Chetenham, plus Northhampton play Shrewsbury so a win next week could see us back in the play offs.

We will probably need to win our last three games but we can do it.
steve mfc

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:46 pm

steve mfc wrote:We are in a much better position than i expected after the last two games which i didn't think we would get anything out of.

The results of the other team's in contention for a play off spot have pretty much gone our way it could have been a lot worse and as a consequence we have a very good chance of making the play offs.

We have a six pointer against Dagenham next week, a win will put us ahead of them, Port Vale are at home but to Notts county and Aldershot are away at Chetenham, plus Northhampton play Shrewsbury so a win next week could see us back in the play offs.

We will probably need to win our last three games but we can do it.

Totally agree. I just hope todays result hasn't dented confidence.
broadwayshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:37 pm

or this result could provoke a positive reaction and drive us on into the play-offs

i just hope Jimbo is back in the team next week he leads by example and will fire the rest of the team up
George Dawes

Postby alwaysright » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:26 pm

I think the game against Bradford has cost us a play off place, i really fancied us to go there and come away with a win, today i dont think we were in with a chance because were not consistant enough and County were up for it. I hope im wrong but i cant see us getting more than 4 points out of the remaining games and that wont be enough.
alwaysright

Postby George Dawes » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:34 pm

alwaysright wrote:I think the game against Bradford has cost us a play off place, i really fancied us to go there and come away with a win, today i dont think we were in with a chance because were not consistent enough and County were up for it. I hope im wrong but i cant see us getting more than 4 points out of the remaining games and that wont be enough.

the result at Bradford wont have cost us anything if we dont make it, it's over a season where its won & lost

for me i think our pre-season fixtures and timing of signings with new players was a absolute nightmare and for me was a lot to blame for our poor start to this season

this summer & pre-season i just hope we play teams on our own level than championship, premier league, L1 teams and bring in new players earlier(easier said than done i know) so they can gel with there new team mates and settle in well before the start of a next season
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:43 pm

DawZi wrote:
alwaysright wrote:I think the game against Bradford has cost us a play off place, i really fancied us to go there and come away with a win, today i dont think we were in with a chance because were not consistent enough and County were up for it. I hope im wrong but i cant see us getting more than 4 points out of the remaining games and that wont be enough.

the result at Bradford wont have cost us anything if we dont make it, it's over a season where its won & lost

for me i think our pre-season fixtures and timing of signings and new players was a absolute nightmare and for me was partly to blame for our poor start to this season

this summer & pre-season i just hope we play teams on our own level than championship, premier league, L1 teams and bring in new players earlier so they can gel with there team mates and settle in well before the start of a next season

Two points here the first one being you don't see very often team facing each other in pre season that are going to meet in the league it's usally higher league or local non league teams. Also you can't match a meaningless friendly to the importance of a league game, most clubs use pre season to get player fit and don't bother too much about to opposition.
Secondly you can't always get players in early they might not be avilable or if they have a contract with another club you have the issue of ageeing a tranfer free and personal terms.
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion