Limited Ability....

Limited Ability....

Postby Freez » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:38 am

So, according to Ronnie Moore, we won yesterday because we worked hard as a team for each other with hearts of lions and despite limited ability overcame over his side.
They did have some technically gifted players. Marshall looked a constant threat and Le Fondre was always busy (though I dont believe he thinks about anything else than scoring himself, as on more than one occasion he shot when a team mate was free and better placed).

So would we rather have technically gifted show ponies who can stroll around and win games with ease when they fancy, or the hard working less frilly types who have to be on the metal every game to get something?

There is no doubt that some of our away performances have been insipid and lifeless. Our home displays, on the whole, have been full of endeavour and vigour, even if we have been caught out now and again (Carlisle and Chesterfield?).

Obviously the Bournemouth and Burton performances show us on a good day, and the spirit evident in the comeback against Crewe appears to have sparked some form and confidence that has transported us to the play-off positions.

Will that be enough to see us finish in the top 7?

Whatever happens, we have shown that we can compete at this level and I for one am still not tiring of opposition managers and fans bemoaning the fact they should be beating teams like us. Long may they continue to underestimate and belittle us.

So come what may (and MAY!), it has been a memorable and fitting final season at Crusty Pie.

Dare to dream boys,

Carpe Diem Shrimps.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Re: Limited Ability....

Postby Castaway » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:41 am

I wish we played like Bratford.
Castaway

Return to General Discussion