pitch at Rotherham

pitch at Rotherham

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:43 am

just seen the highlights on TV that pitch at the Don Vally is in awful condition so glad we have already been there
heysham_mfc

Re: pitch at Rotherham

Postby campdave » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:07 am

Saw that too - disgraceful.
campdave

Postby A.J » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:17 pm

yeah was pretty awful..... our pitch has held up very wel even tho we've had so much rain
A.J

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:11 am

We are fortunate not to have to play in an athletics stadium which also hosts other events on the pitch. Must be a nightmare football wise and the Rotherham fans must tear their hair out.

Stockport is still a mess as well seemingly, would'nt like to be a Torquay fan trying to get to a game that just is'nt happening :roll:

http://www.stockportcounty.com/page/Lat ... 45,00.html
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:08 am

Things are going from bad to worse for Stockport with backlog of fixtures, administration and bottom of League 1

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... called_off

Apparently Stockport have asked for the tie to be played at Torquay but the FA preferably want them to play in the North West! Fans can't be happy :roll:
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:09 am

heysham_mfc wrote:just seen the highlights on TV that pitch at the Don Vally is in awful condition so glad we have already been there

How about the state of it last night :o

That poor lad had to take oxygen after his fall in the sand and mud, does'nt look good for him :(

DISLEY.jpg
marky No.1

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:12 am

I watched this match and the stadium was awful i got told that it is very expensive to get inside the stadium also.
Rotherham were lucky to get a 1-1 draw and Jamie Cureton didn't look match sharp but maybe that is because he was playing reserves football at Norwich.
darrenlock

Postby Martin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:13 pm

darrenlock wrote:...Jamie Cureton didn't look match sharp but maybe that is because he was playing reserves football at Norwich.

What...on the same night? ;)
Martin

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:21 pm

No no no i meant Jamie has been playing reserves team football for Norwcih and was lucky to get onto the bench at best so Norwich let him go on loan to Screwsbury untill the rest of the season and it rumoured to be on 7,000 a week while at Norwich so i understand ,
I understand Norwich getting rid of Cureton for the wage bill because he got brought into Norwich while a championship team.

Well played Cureton going to screwsbury could be a good move i dont see any teams going for him because of his wage demands
darrenlock

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:38 pm

The Sheffield eagles play on it as well and at one point another football team played there not sure if they still do.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Return to General Discussion