Re: Play-Offs Yeh/No ?

Postby Mighty Red » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:30 am

11 Morecambe 31 8 5 3 32 20 3 6 6 21 28 5 44

Have I won yet?
Mighty Red

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:36 am

Totally agree with Posh.

If and when it's mathematically impossible to get into the play offs, then SMc should use the remainder of the season to blood some of the younger players ie Poole and Winters to see if they have a future at this level. We need to develop a younger squad and with so many players out of contract at the end of the season maybe it's time for a new approach (NOT A NEW MANAGER) by going for younger and possibly a more hungry(?) type of player.

For me, we start by bringing in Connerton who I'd like to see on trial with the club before the end of the season to see if he has the potential. After all he's already been on trial at Carlisle, Motherwell and has been offered a trial at Crewe.

If that means that next season is one of transition and consolidation with the objective of being a real promotion candidate the following season, then so be it.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:45 am

even if we made the play offs but we din't win them it would be a great way to end our time at Christie Park if front of a sell out attendance which may make some people who only go to the odd match come and watch on a more regular basis at the new ground
heysham_mfc

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:58 am

I think if we win against Bury we've still got a good chance but if we draw or lose we're probably out of it :cry: .
Little Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:37 am

We will probably win at Bury and our next two or three games but then we will either loose a so called easier game or throw away a lead and drop silly points so we wont make the playoffs.

I think for the squad we have we should be looking for 10th place and that would be great.

Wait a couple of years for some income from the new ground before we make our promotion push.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby ezz » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:16 pm

I'd say yes, purely to have an extra game at Christie park which would be another sell out, gaining a lot of extra income. Win that then lose at Wembley would be perfect......but we dont lose at wembley do we ;)
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:09 pm

It depends upon which Morecambe turn up for the rest of the season. Hopefully we'll have a great game on Tuesday night and everyone will be at the other end of the extreme! If Nots County end up in administration before the end of the season, it suddenly becomes very open.

Parrish doesn't deserve to be dropped, he has been getting better & better al season and yesterday was one of few Morecambe players to come out of the game with any credit.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Parrish doesn't deserve to be dropped, he has been getting better & better al season and yesterday was one of few Morecambe players to come out of the game with any credit.

:?: :?:

did you go to the game???

i didnt and wont comment on the game i didnt see
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:55 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:Parrish doesn't deserve to be dropped, he has been getting better & better al season and yesterday was one of few Morecambe players to come out of the game with any credit.

Yes, which is why I did.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby campdave » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:57 am

Keith wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:Parrish doesn't deserve to be dropped, he has been getting better & better al season and yesterday was one of few Morecambe players to come out of the game with any credit.

Yes, which is why I did.

:lol: :lol:
campdave

Postby lancaster shrimp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:25 pm

at the minute after saturdays defeat i would day no, but if notts go into administration, then you never know, if we can get 3wins on a trot then we will be bang up there, like the saying goes, you never know in football
lancaster shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion