ultras type group revisited

ultras type group revisited

Postby yozzer » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:36 am

I have just gone through this thread and just when it gets interesting and juicy it gets blocked. :roll: It does pose very intriguing sociological and psycholological big uns. The need of individuals to belong to a group with it's collective dynamic and the tension with personal ethics and beliefs. Within the collective group of Morecambe spectators which will vary game to game are a multitude of sub groups. There will of course be some totally solo artistes who will give the occasional nod or grunt to a face seen previously (sad bastards). There will be many more small groups who have mates or family that like to inhabit their own particular area of the ground(tiny groupoids). There will also be the larger groups who gather together in their own particular areas Indies ,Professionals, Officials etc(bigger groupoids).

With the passing of time and many of the Indies, Professionals and Officials becoming parents solid citizens and pillars of the community(boring bastards) the baton has passed to the younger lads and lassies to take over. It will evolve and the natural leaders, chant makers and gobby bastards will find out by trial and error what works and what doesn't. They will always have critical analysis from the former groups who have been there, got the T shirt etc (not very original, too abusive etc) but I thought there were some positive signs of a possible breakthrough Tuesday night. It did help that the footie on offer was of itself atmosphere making but onwards and upwards. Hats off to you! Ultras, Super Deviants, Nouveau Brats or whatever soubriquet you choose or are given.
yozzer

Re: ultras type group revisited

Postby Vinny » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:02 am

Yeh, well said YozZer, I agree.

Let's hear it for (and from) the Ultimate Group of Revised Typo's.

... and slightly O/T here's my latest :oops: rendition:

http://www.youtube.com/user/VinnyTones

and the words were supposed to be:

END OF AN ERA

End Of An Era campaign,
The End Of An Era campaign,
It’s been 89 years.
Of blood, sweat and tears.
89 years! ……yeh, 89 years,
Of mud, pies and beers!

It’s been 89 years.
Yeh, 89 years.
It’s been 89 years!
Of goals, games and cheers!
89 years! Golden Christie Park years!
The End Of An Era campaign.

The End Of An Era campaign.
It’s the End Of An Era campaign,
Never play here again.
So come an’ support the team!
And be part of the dream!

So get yourselves down!
And support the Town,
They’re movin’ the ground,
To a new part of town.
It’s getting’ nearer,
Never play at Christie again.

An’ when they throw that switch
An’ they dig up the pitch
It’s gonna get dark
Down at Christie Park
The End Of An Era, an’ it’s getting’ nearer …
End Of An Era campaign.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby George Dawes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:47 am

this is the first comment ive made about a post about the lack of atmosphere at home games

and for me in a nutshell, is that the north-stand it's to big for us, the new stand behind the goals at the new ground i believe is not going to be as big and hold as many so it should be more close-knit and will only help in creating more noise

and remember it is mainly family club after all and there is a lot of people what take there kids and do tend to act more grown up than they would normally(me included) :P
George Dawes

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:11 am

DawZi wrote:this is the first comment ive made about a post about the lack of atmosphere at home games

and for me in a nutshell, is that the north-stand it's to big for us, the new stand behind the goals at the new ground i believe is not going to be as big and hold as many so it should be more close-knit and will only help in creating more noise

and remember it is mainly family club after all and there is a lot of people what take there kids and do tend to act more grown up than they would normally(me included) :P

You can act grown up and join in the chants! The kids love joining in too. One of my lads often brings his mates from our end (all of them either Blackburn or Burnley fans) and they often join in despite not being regular Morecambe fans. However it's the age old problem of foul and abusive language in the chants. If I saw any of my lads or their mates joining in with the "Do you take it up the **** song or anything which instructs others to go forth and multiply then I will stop them." I am no angel and in the odd heated moment of a match I have been known to let the odd expletive slip out, but I draw the line at including such rubbish into routine songs or chants. We are a family club and NOT a bunch of morons.

That said this is not a rant against foul and abusive songs because I think we've cleaned our act up in respect of that recently. There are enough chants and songs which get the point over and that ALL the family can and will join in. Sammy Macs Barmy Army gets a lot involved, so more of that type please and less of the f'ing and jeffing type should help the atmosphere.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:51 am

In respect of the chants becoming more repeatable in a family atmosphere I have to agree.

I think maybe the fact that past "role models" no longer get involved in "role modelling" (shudders at thought ;) )

In that respect, having had it spelt out to me, I believe Posh was right in much of what he said, allot of what he was talking about I was not witness to or had no knowledge.

I believe he meant what he said about respecting the efforts of the Indies, but at the time believed it a veiled attack. (I ain't good with criticism :( )
Moving on :oops:

There will always be seperate/disperate groups in society and large gatherings of people will reflect that, football matches being no different, despite a common bond. When people travel to away games the bounds become stronger than the disperateness.
We resort to a kind of pack mentality for safety/comradeship/comfort. This is why away fans usually make more noise than home fans, IMO.
Early on in the days of the Indies, having set up good relations with a coach company, I tried to bring together others who travel independently to generally bring down costs for all and to forge greater bonds, but I was refuted. I did give them their name though :lol:

I like Vinny's song, although I think for the purpose of being repeated on the terrace it a bit too long/complicated. Maybe -

It’s been 89 years.
Of blood, sweat and tears.
89 years! ……yeh, 89 years,
Of mud, pies and beers!

Good song though Vinny really like it - you are a very talented man or too much time on your hands ;) :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:20 am

I still stand by the idea of more noise makes for a better atmosphere and will also draw more people into christie park/globe arena.

Unfortunetly as some people have pointed out to me of recent some of the songs are not liked due to the language used in these songs, this is putting people off joining in, we could do with some new songs that will entice all of the crowd to join in.
thegentlegiant

Postby George Dawes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:26 am

thegentlegiant wrote:I still stand by the idea of more noise makes for a better atmosphere and will also draw more people into christie park/globe arena.

Unfortunetly as some people have pointed out to me of recent some of the songs are not liked due to the language used in these songs, this is putting people off joining in, we could do with some new songs that will entice all of the crowd to join in.

yeah your right, we need more passion at the new ground!! to increase the crowds
George Dawes

Return to General Discussion