O/T The journey to Anfield

O/T The journey to Anfield

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:05 pm

My lad and I are going to the Liverpool match this Thursday in the Europa League.
Liverpool are his SECOND team behind you know who, but this will be his first visit to Anfield.
As I haven't got TOMTOM to guide me, I was wondering if any of you kind Shrimps fans who have been to Anfield could tell me basic directions i.e.which is best motorway to come into Liverpool from, and then directions to the ground, and also any car parking advice. As you can tell, I do not know the Liverpool area at all, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Re: O/T The journey to Anfield

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:32 pm

heysham_mfc

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:39 pm

I have been a few times and from memory this is they way I go, bear with me this could be sketchy.

M6, M58 until the end then follow signs for L'pool and go down past Aintree (sorry can't remb the road number) go down there for what feels like ages and get stuck at about 20 sets of traffic lights and you get to the roundabout/flyover, turn left carry on for about a mile and you will come to a busy set of traffic lights where there is a sign for anfield turn right at the lights and this is the rd up to the ground. You will know if its the correct road as there is a small bridge that you go under.

Hardly AA auto route but will hopefully make sense when your there.

You used to be able to park on Rosberry Gardens estate which is halfway up on the left and my car has always been ok round and never had any bother but I think they have now chnaged it to resident parking so you will prob have to pay £5 or so in a random car park.
If you carry on up to the stadium you will come to the the cross roads if you turn left for half a mile I think there is a pub that does car parking but it's a bout a 10-15 minuite walk to the ground, or there is always parking in Stanley Park.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:48 pm

If you are trying to park close to the ground and some pikey on a BMX pulls up and says "mind your car mister?" ask what the charge is, pay it, and keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully he will watch your car whilst you are at the match. If you don't pay you might not be able to get home in a fully functioning vehicle.
RedRedWine1

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:53 pm

Thanks P/T Indie, heysham mfc and redredwine for your help. Sounds like I might be glad to arrive back in Morecambe in one piece!! :shock:
I thought I might sit there with my Morecambe hat on, but maybe that is not a good idea (well it has got RED in it) :roll:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Richard Head » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:29 pm

We have always parked on the car park at Everton's ground then its just a short walk through Stanley Park to Anfield
Richard Head

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:48 pm

My mate always says to them I will pay you when I get back and obviously on your return they are never there.

I have never even been approached when I have been although last time I headed for the pub I mentioned and ended up in a dogy car park next door with two youg kids running it.
To my suprise when I returned the two kids were actually still there so couldn't complain fair play to them because it was bloody freezing.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Minder » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:46 pm

Best route to Anfield is to go M6 till Haydock and take the A580 (East Lanc's Road ) right into Liverpool , you will end up at the Everton ground where you should be able to find safe parking (some schools around that area offer parking for a small fee) then it it is a five minute walk up to Anfield , either round or through Stanley Park.
Christies Minder

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:59 pm

Thanks for your help everyone, much appreciated. :)
seasonsinthesun

Postby Josh T » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:05 pm

i was at Anfield on boxing day and found a good parking space in a gentleman's club who charge a fiver and keep an eye on the cars. To get to this you go past the main entrance to anfield and there is a garage in front of you, just before you get to this garage you veer left down a road and head straight on for about 500 yards if that. you will then come to a pub called the flat iron and opposite this is a right turning which you take, you then take this round round until you come to the small gentleman's club which is unmissable really. Hope this helps.
Josh T

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Christies Minder wrote:Best route to Anfield is to go M6 till Haydock and take the A580 (East Lanc's Road ) right into Liverpool , you will end up at the Everton ground where you should be able to find safe parking (some schools around that area offer parking for a small fee) then it it is a five minute walk up to Anfield , either round or through Stanley Park.

Thanks to Christies Minder for this route to Anfield, which worked out great.
Also a big thanks to heysham mfc, P/T Indie, Richard Head, Josh T and Red Red Wine for your contributiions. Me and t'lad had a good evening, when the whole ground sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" before the game begins, it is a special moment in football even if not a Liverpool fan. I am not particularly, but my lad is.
I did of course remind him as we were heading home that he might have just watched "the Reds" but never forget who are the BEST REDS! :D
seasonsinthesun

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:07 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:
Christies Minder wrote:Best route to Anfield is to go M6 till Haydock and take the A580 (East Lanc's Road ) right into Liverpool , you will end up at the Everton ground where you should be able to find safe parking (some schools around that area offer parking for a small fee) then it it is a five minute walk up to Anfield , either round or through Stanley Park.

Thanks to Christies Minder for this route to Anfield, which worked out great.
Also a big thanks to heysham mfc, P/T Indie, Richard Head, Josh T and Red Red Wine for your contributiions. Me and t'lad had a good evening, when the whole ground sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" before the game begins, it is a special moment in football even if not a Liverpool fan. I am not particularly, but my lad is.
I did of course remind him as we were heading home that he might have just watched "the Reds" but never forget who are the BEST REDS! :D

glad you both enjoyed the trip watched the game on TV Liverpoool had many more chances that the other team (which I am not going to try and spell :lol:) and should have won by more
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion