Notts County

Notts County

Postby darrenlock » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Drew 1-1 at home too Grimsby pressure Nott's County i know 3 more games in hand but this winding up order is there and have to sell Lee Hughes and Kasper too be honest they be lucky to get 2.0million-2.5 for them because of Hughes age and history
darrenlock

Re: Notts County

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:50 pm

darrenlock wrote:Drew 1-1 at home too Grimsby pressure Nott's County i know 3 more games in hand but this winding up order is there and have to sell Lee Hughes and Kasper too be honest they be lucky to get 2.0million-2.5 for them because of Hughes age and history

good result for us......pressure simply pressure 8-)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby darrenlock » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:54 pm

Oh Lee Hughes got sent off i dunno if it was two yellows but i bet he was thinking walking down the tunnel what team can i do 2 that wants a ex jailbird that should still be in prison on 6.000 a week i think who going to offer me this money lol.
Maybe should sign for Chester City :lol: ;)
darrenlock

Postby Harry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:56 am

Oh no, means we won't be able to sneak into the playoff positions...this weekend anyway ;)
Harry

Postby The Marksman » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:10 am

darrenlock wrote:Oh Lee Hughes got sent off i dunno if it was two yellows but i bet he was thinking walking down the tunnel what team can i do 2 that wants a ex jailbird that should still be in prison on 6.000 a week i think who going to offer me this money lol.
Maybe should sign for Chester City :lol: ;)

Whoa there tiger. He's done his time. Why exactly should he still be in prison?
The Marksman

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:17 am

According to the bbc website the new chairman of notts county could put the club into administration if so we could be in play offs come saturday night
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:26 am

The accountants are currently examining Notts debts and have reached over £4,000,000. They are still counting! They face a winding up order in the near future brought by HMRC to the tune of several hundred thousands of pounds. If they get past that then I'm sure the legion of other creditors will also be after their money by legal proceedings. In a nutshell they are in deep s**t.

Unless their new owner has hidden finances, which doesn't appear to be the case from whats been said so far, then expect admin and a points deduction in the near future. I also wouldn't be surprised if their new owners weren't trying to loan out the big earners such as Hughes to get them off the wage bill. Now supposing our Directors felt we could afford him who would be prepared to put their moral scruples to one side and accept Hughes to our club? Knowing it would significantly boost the play off/promotion chances!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby outsider » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:14 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote: Now supposing our Directors felt we could afford him who would be prepared to put their moral scruples to one side and accept Hughes to our club? Knowing it would significantly boost the play off/promotion chances!

Not me i'm sorry, even if it did cost us the play offs
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby darrenlock » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:26 am

My guessing transfers Notts County, Johnny Jackson just went to Charlton for a month pending end of season good move.

Lee Hughes on 6k a week cant see nobody in League1 offering him that kindar money so im guessing Bradford he'll go at maybe there can offer him a good contract.

Kasper - i believe he will end up at Nottingham Forest ;)
darrenlock

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:42 pm

I don't think Kasper will go to Forest; they already have two quality keepers in Lee Camp and Paul Smith.
RedRedWine1

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:27 pm

recent news....

Notts County's new owner Ray Trew may put the club into administration in the next 48 hours after discovering the full extent of the financial problems at Meadow Lane.

bad for notts county fans if this happens, but good for us in regards to play off places! it would certainly even up the field!
thegentlegiant

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:03 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I don't think Kasper will go to Forest; they already have two quality keepers in Lee Camp and Paul Smith.

apparently Newcastles' top scout was watching at last nights game. The clever money was that he was watching Kaspar Schmei (wat's his name). They are apparently trying to off load the top 6 wage earners.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Harry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:14 pm

No chance we could afford Hughes' wages and even if we could, why break up the successful Mullin-Jevons partnership?
Harry

Postby Pandashrimp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Harry wrote:No chance we could afford Hughes' wages and even if we could, why break up the successful Mullin-Jevons partnership?

I echo that but i wouldnt mind Karl Hawley..or Ben Davies! I can see Davies playing somewhere higher, but if Hawley went somewhere where he'd be playing every week i reckon he'd do a very good job for someone.
Pandashrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Pandashrimp wrote:
Harry wrote:No chance we could afford Hughes' wages and even if we could, why break up the successful Mullin-Jevons partnership?

I echo that but i wouldnt mind Karl Hawley..or Ben Davies! I can see Davies playing somewhere higher, but if Hawley went somewhere where he'd be playing every week i reckon he'd do a very good job for someone.

Agree with that comment. Hawley and Davies are Div 1 class in my opinion. If we do go up they're probably the class of player required to stay there. At the end of the day it's all about money isn't it! Facilities like we'll have from next season probably help as well, but players have a short career so are looking to capitalise while they can. If we can afford them great but if we can't then leave well alone.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:13 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:
Pandashrimp wrote:

Agree with that comment. Hawley and Davies are Div 1 class in my opinion. If we do go up they're probably the class of player required to stay there. At the end of the day it's all about money isn't it! Facilities like we'll have from next season probably help as well, but players have a short career so are looking to capitalise while they can. If we can afford them great but if we can't then leave well alone.

we would only stand a chance of getting them if we were promoted and had a good enough squad to stand a chance of staying up.
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion