Globe Arena - latest pics

Re: Globe Arena - latest pics

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:22 pm

shrimper wrote:I think the bar, next to the main entrance, is a proper 'club bar' not one of the concourse hatches you're referring to.

hope so a bar like the one at Darlington could make a lot of money on a match day
heysham_mfc

Postby Posh » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:from the Chester forum :_

http://www.devachat.com/index.php?s=950 ... opic=61600

If we got £4m for Christie Park, where is the other £8m coming from!!! All from grants?

(Assuming the article is acurate, which it probably isnt)

You hit the nail on the head, they're guessing. It is commercially confidential and always will be. The cost of the sale covers the cost of the new ground, Westgate Wanderers and the building of facilities. Sure, the club has scaled back the development but that's to meet that objective and not to burden us with more debt than we started with.

Comedy article based on guesswork and out of date. All good publicity though.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:57 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Surley though the better the catering facilities in all parts of the grounds the more people will use them and the more money the club makes on beer and food in the long run.

Yes, basically, but it doesn't bring in 'much' money. Say we have 28 home games per season (allowing for cup games & decent pre-season friendlies).

That's SEVEN HOURS of trading per year (28 x 15 minutes).

So put it another way, if you had a shop that you could only open for one day per year, how much would you spend on decorating it? The money the club will make will be on weddings, corporate events etc not beer sold to fans.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:10 am

I'm confident that the main Arena bar in the main stand will become a pre and post match regular for everybody. I'm also confident that it will be visually attractive and will be warm and inviting with seating to complement the ambience. Remember this bar will be open throughout the week so it will have to be comfortable to attract a regualr clientele.

As for the monies from the sale of CP, the only time that the real figure will be in the public domain is possibly in the annual satement of accounts. Our Board have ensured the clubs existance long into the future without incurring crippling debt. I for one trust them.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Previous

Return to General Discussion