The Globe Arena

Re: The Globe Arena

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:51 pm

what about stand names then I though that this may have been announced today but this doesn't seen to be the case.
heysham_mfc

Postby Curly » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 pm

wijit wrote:Short of being the Ann Summers Arena, I can't see how much worse it could be!
We have a name which would be more suited to a ground6 or 7 times the capacity we will have and a badge which looks like it belongs on an under 12's team shirt.
One reason for the badge design change was that it is easier to control it for copyright purposes. Well, I never saw Lancaster Road flooded with people selling fake club stuff.
I know some of you will try to give me hell for this, but frankly, this has cheapened the club in my opinion. The badge is just a copy of the Arsenal badge, and not a good one at that.
Did we actually get any money for the ground name? I doubt that, most clubs are pleased to say they got X amount for selling their soul, I mean ground name. No, we will have got a discount. Who benefits from this discount, us or sainsbury's, as they paid for the build didn't they?

Whats wrong with the Ann Summers Arena?
Sexy football guaranteed!
Oh, I see now, all roads lead back to Arsenal! :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:55 pm

I told you all last year this would be the name, punkisdead, told you globe would be the contractors before they were announced as globe, and he also told us all before renee howe was coming that he was :lol: :lol:

BTW great night saturday cheers to the svs that could make it, ta for the kind words and best wishes of them that couldnt,

:lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:20 am

mrpotatohead wrote:I told you all last year this would be the name, punkisdead, told you globe would be the contractors before they were announced as globe, and he also told us all before renee howe was coming that he was :lol: :lol:

BTW great night saturday cheers to the svs that could make it, ta for the kind words and best wishes of them that couldnt,

:lol: :lol:

..this is in fact all true BUT twas I who first suggested 'Arena'.....so there!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great name...Great crest....Great club! :D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby scar » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:38 am

Change of ground
Change of club crest
New ground name being 'sponsored'

All will bring debate and have points of view from the supporters and those against the changes, but it's all progress for the club as a whole. If MFC sat back and did nothing we wouldn't have a new ground, we wouldn't be in the league and we probably wouldn't sell Potts Pies!!!!! :o

As for the like it or not debate - shame we dropped the Morecambe Crest as I feel it loses something off the badge but the new one does have a far greater reference to our nickname. And it looks bugger all like the Arsenil badge... see for yourself...

ImageImage
scar

Previous

Return to General Discussion