O/T Mobile phone contract advice please

O/T Mobile phone contract advice please

Postby NeilG » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:37 am

My old contract with T-Mobile has been up for a couple of months and I've just got round to looking for a new one, so I spent a couple of hours looking at deals tonight, phew ! it's a proper minefield out there innit. Can anyone offer any advice, what networks are offering the best deals for around £20 - £25 a month, I don't need a fancy phone with GPS, free Mp3 downloads or mobile internet just something to speak to people on is fine. What are you guys using ? What would you recommend ? Your advice please gentlemen :?
NeilG

Re: O/T Mobile phone contract advice please

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:39 am

Try orange dolphin 30 neil i get 600 mins cross network unlimited internet and unlimited texts for 30 pound per month i also got samsung jet phone free very easy to use and excellent phone
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:30 am

I suppose the question should be 'how often do you use your 'phone'?

I know of quite a few former business colleagues who found to their cost that had they gone with a 'Pay as You Go' deal that they would have been financially better off.

My daughter has a 'Pay as You Go' Vodafone deal and is always texting but to my knowledge only tops up with £10 / £15 maybe once a month.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:58 am

Instead off signing a 2 year contract, I paid a bit extra towards my phone for a £15 a month contract that can be cancelled after each month if I wanted to. Unlimited texts and 300minutes but obviously for 20-25£ you'd get more minutes. Didn't fancy being stuck in a contract if i wanted to cancel
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Loyalsupporter » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:27 pm

mobile phone contract comparison site

should help you get exactly what you want

http://www.best-mobile-contracts.co.uk/
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby NeilG » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:25 pm

Thanks for the responses, after considering all options, I decided to play the trump card with T-Mobile (the loyalty and uninterrupted payment ace) and it worked for me, I got a latest model Nokia phone (retail value £220.00) 300 minutes any network anytime, unlimited texts and free evening (19:00-00:00) and weekend (Fri 19:00 til Sunday 00:00 ) calls all for £15 a month. It is a 24 month contract but actually saves me £7 per month on my current plan and I get so much more now. This deal wasn't available from their webshop (I checked first) so my advice to anyone in a similar situation to myself is to know what you want and how much you have to spend, be prepared to walk away, then press the "thinking of leaving us' option and negotiate like crazy with your friendly salesperson until you're happy with what you've got. 8-) Thanks again peeps.
NeilG

Postby ezz » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:17 pm

Exact same package im on except you got a better phone but I get the choice to bail on my contract when I want. God bless T-mobile :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Tesco Mobile are very good I am not on any type of conract with then but if you buy a phone from then and call a FREE number (I forget what it is now but I think it will be on thee Tesco Mobile website) then if you top up £10 a month they double it for triple it to £60. You have to remember though that the free credit can only be used for 1 month but even if you use your phone quite a lot 1 top up usally lasts me 4-5 weeks.
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:42 pm

Anyone who signs a contract with any phone company can give one months notice if they return the free phone, if they never got a free phone, or other free gift the same applies, they never go after anyone for anything, o2 beat everyone on tarriff with the 11.25 a month with unlimited free texts that you can beg them into, i have 4 business phones i never open the free upgrades, i just ebay them, if you keep them you owe 02, if you stick with 02 you can virtually have free mobile use if you are clever, my bill for all four phones is around 800 a year, the free upgades generally bring in about 600, so thats 50 a year per phone, being used without exceeding the tariff :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Mike Blackstone » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:58 am

I've got an O2 Business Account which has proved to be excellent, Saved me a good deal of money each month. Ten free nominated landline numbers (which can be changed as often as you want) and free calls to all other O2 users.
Mike Blackstone

Return to General Discussion