Sammy Reaction To Chesterfield Defeat-Listen Here...

Sammy Reaction To Chesterfield Defeat-Listen Here...

Postby The Bay » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:22 am

The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Sammy Reaction To Chesterfield Defeat-Listen Here...

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:41 am

The Bay wrote:http://www.thebay.co.uk/goto.php?sess=+A5B5342545A52+F1D42131744505B1D1D59405C1B165514+D475C4457544119+F504014165F&id=16334

Sammy says that he told Mark L that he could see us getting nothing from the game.....If that was the case why not change the line up sooner than he did? If midfield wasn't providng the necessary quality balls, bring on either Daz or Manny to change things.

As has been said Wayne isn't a winger, so why persist with him in that position rather than bringing on our only out and out winger in the club NW with little time to influence the game? Wayne looked good for me v Barnet when he played alongside and close to PJ, so why the change? PJ looked isolated until PM came on...and MD blew hot and cold throughout.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:49 am

CC, given how much you write on here, is it *really* that difficult for you to just type players' names, for f**k sake! It took me a minute to work out who the hell "MD" was! To be honest, I'd question the starting line up before questioning substitutions. Why play the same side that, by many accounts, didn't look that great against Macclesfield? Especially when you have one player who, before an injury, was bossing the midfield and another who is possibly having the season of his career and just had a 1 match ban!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Vinny » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:11 pm

Having given myself 24 hours to reflect rather than a fly-off-the-hook reaction, yes it was a very frustrating game yesterday. Like Sammy says, we could all see it going that way. I found it even more frustrating that Sammy didn't then change the approach. So many long hoof-and-hope balls just easily dealt with by Chesterfield, we played into their hands (literally - another day or ref would have given us at least one penalty for handball!). As the game went on with little change, I was eager to see Gary Hunter brought into the fray, as I think he would have had the guile, the terrier tenacity, and the quick feet and thinking to make something different happen. I thought Duffy in particular was very disappointing. Jevons was hardly fed a single pass to run on to, apart from when he unfortunately hit the bar. We persistently played the ball out wide even when the option to attack their box looked better choice. Even when the ball is passed wide we seem reluctant get bodies in the box. Why don't we try at least occasionally to shoot low and hard, ricochets do happen, even o.g.'s.

I can understand not changing a winning side, but this definately now isn't. I'd like to see Gary Hunter back in for sure (he's emmense and all over the pitch!) probably for Wayne, Jimbo for Artell, Wainwright for Duffy and make good and full use of the subs. Accy will be a tough nut to crack, and they'll make it a bruising game, but we'll have to out-run them, out-play them and out-wit them to get anything from the game and keep us in touch of the play-off pack. We've got the squad, we've got the team spirit, we need the psyche!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Curly » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:38 pm

marky wrote:CC, given how much you write on here, is it *really* that difficult for you to just type players' names, for f**k sake! It took me a minute to work out who the hell "MD" was! To be honest, I'd question the starting line up before questioning substitutions. Why play the same side that, by many accounts, didn't look that great against Macclesfield? Especially when you have one player who, before an injury, was bossing the midfield and another who is possibly having the season of his career and just had a 1 match ban!

What was the point you were making, again? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby marky » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:20 pm

Deliberate ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Return to General Discussion