O/T Pitch protection system

O/T Pitch protection system

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:08 am

Noticed this article on the Fleetwood FC site and remembered a conversation some time ago in JBs about the chances of us installing undersoil heating at the new stadium.

http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/News/Arc ... er/014.php

The same conversation was had yesterday.

This system looks to be a good financial compromise and as is mentioned probably pays for itself after 3 or 4 otherwise postponed games and the loss in revenue.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: O/T Pitch protection system

Postby campdave » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:48 am

Personally, I doubt they're being considered if a roof over one of the stands has been taken out of the plans.
campdave

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:55 am

I doesn't state how much the covers cost but if Fleetwood estimate that they would pay for themselves after a couple of saved games then they can't be any where in the same league as say undersoil heating.

If yesterdays game had been cancelled following a pitch inspection it would have cost a small fortune in lost crowd revenue, wages, away team transport, ruined catering etc' etc'. So it is something, which if effectice (which it appears to be) would seem to be worthy of careful consideration. Looking at the shape it may also be handy for keeping excessive rainfall off the pitch pre match.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby campdave » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:57 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote:I doesn't state how much the covers cost but if Fleetwood estimate that they would pay for themselves after a couple of saved games then they can't be any where in the same league as say undersoil heating.

It's covers rather than undersoil heating. Below Premiership level, I doubt undersoil heating is financially viable - the cost of running the heating is probably much more expensive than the matchday revenue.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:59 am

£15K has been mentioned.

A bloody good buy in my opinion and something that I think that we should look into as the chances of the weather affecting games in years to come becomes more of an issue.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:01 pm

campdave wrote:
Burnley Shrimp wrote:I doesn't state how much the covers cost but if Fleetwood estimate that they would pay for themselves after a couple of saved games then they can't be any where in the same league as say undersoil heating.

It's covers rather than undersoil heating. Below Premiership level, I doubt undersoil heating is financially viable - the cost of running the heating is probably much more expensive than the matchday revenue.

Yes having read the Fleetwood article I managed to work that one out myself. I was just trying to estimate a cost for the system in use at Fleetwood as compared to say the vastly more expensive option of undersoil heating which would obviously be way out of our league and would never be a consideration.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby campdave » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:06 pm

Christies Child wrote:something that I think that we should look into as the chances of the weather affecting games in years to come becomes more of an issue.

Do you know something about global warming that we don't?
campdave

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:20 pm

If yesterdays game had been cancelled following a pitch inspection it would have cost a small fortune in lost crowd revenue, wages, away team transport, ruined catering etc' etc'. So it is something, which if effectice (which it appears to be) would seem to be worthy of careful consideration. Looking at the shape it may also be handy for keeping excessive rainfall off the pitch pre match.

I would hope that Accy payed for that!
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:22 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:

Accy players turned up their own cars, no team coach.
morecambe mick

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:48 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:

Not if it's called off after the away team has travelled. If they've arrived and the game is called off the home team is liable for their travel costs. I realised Accy had come in their own cars when John Coleman was driving his just behind us through the Lancaster one way system. Didn't stop him calling into McDonalds on Lancaster Road about 1.10pm though. How laid back is that just before a big game?
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Problems with the Fleetwood pitch covers :-

http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/News/Arc ... ry/005.php
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion