The 5 Saturdays of January

Re: The 5 Saturdays of January

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:26 am

with all the politeness i can muster cc

curly is right, pj is injured at the mo, so huddersfield will probably lend him to us for longer as they dont need him, all huddersfields players are probably on more money than ours, and we do not usually buy anybody, his goals seem to be a mix of set plays and pens, so we will not be paying a bean for him, we will get him when he is avaiable at the end of the season, there is a depression on, you are obviously fixed up with decent work at the moment coz in recent posts you arre championing the club charging everyone more to get in, when, a few months ago, you wanted every one to get in cheap, polies dolies etc, :lol: :lol:

went to burnley away against everton on monday, evertons ground is awfull, game looked better on motd
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Curly » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:09 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:so why did we offer Thommo a new contract?

Because we wanted to keep him.
Thommo chose to go elsewhere, i wish he hadn't but can't blame him for wanting to play
at a higher level, probably on more money.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4898392.stm

Christies Child wrote:...and how do you know what PJ earns :?: :?: :?:

Pure speculation on your part, I would suggest :!: :!: :!:

Touche, Monsieur Blackpot,
Not being Mr Jevons accountant, it is tricky to accurately ascertain his earnings but taking
into account the average levels of earnings, strikers paid more than other positions, his age, the fact we will only be paying a portion of those earnings, i don't think my albeit rough calculation was too far wide of the post.
To be accused of "speculation" though, CC, by you, has given me my best laugh of the Christmas period and i wholeheartedly thank you for that CC ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope you have a very happy new year.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:18 pm

just like we want to keep Jevons and he said when he signed that he would like to stay if things worked out
heysham_mfc

Postby Curly » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:36 pm

Absolutely.
I'm not sure what you're getting at, heysham.
I would be very pleased if we could sign PJ in the summer and have seen in previous interviews, posts etc, that he has expressed a desire to stay.
My point was that, with a small fan base, if his wage demands were too high,
Would it be worth breaking the bank? risking our stability, when the board and manager have
generally come up trumps in the past.
I heard the other day that one of Rochdales players was found playing local Rochdale Sunday League and is now being looked at by higher divisions.
Liam Dickinson was found by SC at Woodley Sports.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby darrenlock » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Morecambe should sign Phil Jevon's no matter what don't be stupid on his wage's.
I think that Jevon's in League2 is a fantastic move if this happen's i reckon clubs like Carlisle/Tramere would look at him if Huddlesfield are prepared to let him go.
darrenlock

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:51 pm

Curly wrote:Absolutely.
I'm not sure what you're getting at, heysham.
I would be very pleased if we could sign PJ in the summer and have seen in previous interviews, posts etc, that he has expressed a desire to stay.
My point was that, with a small fan base, if his wage demands were too high,
Would it be worth breaking the bank? risking our stability, when the board and manager have
generally come up trumps in the past.
I heard the other day that one of Rochdales players was found playing local Rochdale Sunday League and is now being looked at by higher divisions.
Liam Dickinson was found by SC at Woodley Sports.

What I am trying to get at is from reading your previous posts in this thread you seem to be suggesting that would not be able to afford to sign Jevons on a permenant contract I don't agree with this I don't know what sort of contact he is on at huddersfield but i'm sure ifv he wanted to sign for Morecambe he would have to take a wage cut. phil himself has said that he would like to play for Morecambe he must know that if he was to sign that Morecambe what know be able to pay him £££
The question is do we pay a fee for him in january or do we wait ntill the end of the season and risk losing him to bigger clubs.
I have also heard a rumour from a Huddersfield fan that he is not in the managers first team plans and will be realeased at the end of the season he may however change his mind depending on how he does between now and the end of the season.
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:57 pm

[
Touche, Monsieur Blackpot,
Not being Mr Jevons accountant, it is tricky to accurately ascertain his earnings but taking
into account the average levels of earnings, strikers paid more than other positions, his age, the fact we will only be paying a portion of those earnings, i don't think my albeit rough calculation was too far wide of the post.
To be accused of "speculation" though, CC, by you, has given me my best laugh of the Christmas period and i wholeheartedly thank you for that CC ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope you have a very happy new year.[/quote]

So pleased that I've given you the best laugh this Christmas. It's really made my day! ;)

Happy New Year and don't forget to give that crystal ball a good old rub....particularly with regards to getting PJ, even if we have to bust our present wage structure :?: :?: :?:

:D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:02 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:with all the politeness i can muster cc

curly is right, pj is injured at the mo, so huddersfield will probably lend him to us for longer as they dont need him, all huddersfields players are probably on more money than ours, and we do not usually buy anybody, his goals seem to be a mix of set plays and pens, so we will not be paying a bean for him, we will get him when he is avaiable at the end of the season, there is a depression on, you are obviously fixed up with decent work at the moment coz in recent posts you arre championing the club charging everyone more to get in, when, a few months ago, you wanted every one to get in cheap, polies dolies etc, :lol: :lol:

went to burnley away against everton on monday, evertons ground is awfull, game looked better on motd

I like your optomism about getting PJ for nowt!

As for being fixed up with work....I wish! Unfortunately 2010 will start as 2009 finished :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Previous

Return to General Discussion